Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Behind the Scenes: First day in New Orleans has a little bit of everything
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

TNET: Behind the Scenes: First day in New Orleans has a little bit of everything

Jan 11, 2020, 7:01 AM

Behind the Scenes: First day in New Orleans has a little bit of everything

I was sitting outside the door with a fellow sportswriter of a CVS in the French Quarter late Friday when a familiar voice interrupted a Clemson vs. North Carolina basketball discussion - Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney. (Photo courtesy of Clemson Football) Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you've got a really good job***

Jan 11, 2020, 7:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can’t imagine being fun following any other team. I would think

Jan 11, 2020, 7:52 AM

Even successful teams like Bama would be no fun because you’d be on pins and needles wondering when you would ask the wrong question. Lots of feel good stories regarding players on our team, lots of success obviously, and then our guys know how to have a little fun too.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah Dabo is always

Jan 11, 2020, 8:10 AM

easy going

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BgEa1K9eXI

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nowhere did I say he’s always easy going. But I’d rather follow him around

Jan 11, 2020, 8:31 AM

Then a lot of those d-bags

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yeah Dabo is always

Jan 11, 2020, 9:02 AM [ in reply to yeah Dabo is always ]

That is Dabo taking up for his team, as it should be.

Re: you've got a really good job***

Jan 11, 2020, 3:07 PM [ in reply to you've got a really good job*** ]

You missed he didn’t get no sleep and had to drive.....????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: TNET: Behind the Scenes: First day in New Orleans has a little bit of everything

Jan 11, 2020, 8:08 AM

Thanks for the glimpse into the experience. Love confirmation of the real Dabo, his wife, and their way of showing love and support to others. Enjoy the Big Easy!

Re: TNET: Behind the Scenes: First day in New Orleans has a little bit of everything

Jan 11, 2020, 8:14 AM

Great stuff. Thanks David

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2020, 8:16 AM

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

BYOG Bring Your Own Gumbo!

Well, there's a nugget I'm going to use often...

Jan 11, 2020, 8:24 AM

Tulane has more SEC championships than U of SuC.

Thanks for the write-up, David. Keep 'em coming.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Well, there's a nugget I'm going to use often...

Jan 11, 2020, 3:34 PM

Somewhere in a tiny trophy case in a cheaper athletic center with a recording studio(because you’ll never have any success here) from ‘69 with an embarrassing record in a down year from the ACC for chickens trying to peck corn a lone championship they didn’t even play for with a “mantra for next year” finishing 4-8 in 2019 after 50 years with no success over any rival.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jan 11, 2020, 8:27 AM

excellent article. I've been around Dabo a couple times. No cameras and no media. He is the same up beat personable guy you see on tv. Was at hi coaches show years ago at BiLo. No one came and went in that store without him saying hi. It didnt matter if they were there for his show or just buying milk or bread. He is the most comfortable person in his own skin I've ever seen. This genuine and down to earth approach resonates with team and recruits.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2020, 8:48 AM

Thanks, David. This kind of article is what we're all wanting to read.

Jan 11, 2020, 9:36 AM

David, great article. Thanks as usual. One issue I have is I don’t pay all this money to Tnet for you to have to drive to Nola. You should be flying first class.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2020, 10:28 AM

B9TIGER® said:

David, great article. Thanks as usual. One issue I have is I don’t pay all this money to Tnet for you to have to drive to Nola. You should be flying first class.

(pay all this money to Tnet) Got a good size chuckle from me!!! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2020, 11:18 AM

I’m glad you liked it. That was my intent. Just a little joke.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2020, 12:32 PM

Great article - one bs thing though.. says that we’re practicing at the Tulane (outdoor) practice field - I’m here, this weather is nasty as h311 today.

Meanwhile, (I looked it up), lsu practices at the Saints (indoor) facility today. Not a bad advantage, considering the weather and that the game will also be indoors and on artificial turf..

Jan 11, 2020, 1:09 PM

Should have known that the LSU tiggers was going to get as many advantages as possible, as they are representing ESECPN afterall!!! Home field advantage, practicing on the turf they will be playing on in a dry wind free atmosphere, and I'm sure of no tell unseen gifts, like 5 20mg adderalls for Monday nights game, with urine samples that were collected from every player just in case, before they left Baton Rouge!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice DAViD, nice!

Jan 11, 2020, 6:32 PM

Especially about the Swinney’s comforting a Still grieving husband.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2020, 6:56 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Behind the Scenes: First day in New Orleans has a little bit of everything ]

That’s the benefit of being the higher ranked team in the final...you get first choice. (I suppose).

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic