Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: As injuries mount for Clemson defense, Swinney says they have "to dig in a little bit"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

TNET: As injuries mount for Clemson defense, Swinney says they have "to dig in a little bit"

Oct 27, 2020, 12:22 PM

As injuries mount for Clemson defense, Swinney says they have "to dig in a little bit"

Clemson’s defense could potentially be down as many as three starters when it takes the field Saturday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: As injuries mount for Clemson defense, Swinney says they have "to dig in a little bit"

Oct 27, 2020, 12:40 PM

Stinks, but it happens. Look at Alabama and Waddle, Wisonsin and Mertz (wonder if Fred and Ethel are related?).

Re: TNET: As injuries mount for Clemson defense, Swinney says they have "to dig in a little bit"

Oct 27, 2020, 1:45 PM

Yes, injuries are part of the game. Hate it for all these young men. Selfishly, I especially hate that Skalski will be out. What a hitter! I also sure miss Ross and his ridiculous skills! Next man up. Beat BC!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2020, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: As injuries mount for Clemson defense, Swinney says they have "to dig in a little bit" ]

Yep, this happens. We may see a few more games like last week where we need to score more points but we are built to do that and no reason we can't against BC. Just get folks back for ND where the going will be much harder for the offense so we need to be at our best to keep that score down on their side.

Oct 27, 2020, 3:32 PM

I don’t really understand all of the Jake Venables praise. He was all over the place against Syracuse and we allowed 150 yards on the ground. Personally, I’d like to see more of Levonta Bentley. He cracks like Skalski and always seems to be where the ball is when the whistle blows.

Oct 27, 2020, 6:09 PM

CUYankee said:

I don’t really understand all of the Jake Venables praise. He was all over the place against Syracuse and we allowed 150 yards on the ground. Personally, I’d like to see more of Levonta Bentley. He cracks like Skalski and always seems to be where the ball is when the whistle blows.

Well, everyone sees things differently, for the most part.
I see Jake Venables as doing a very good job in Skalski's place. It was not just Jake to blame for the 150yds on the ground. There was a large chunk where Charleston couldn't catch that Syaracuse player on the way to the end zone. I watch Jake and look for Tyler, and they both hustle to get to the ball. Our defense is better for having them.

Oct 27, 2020, 10:33 PM

https://youtu.be/1PfR9NM6TZM

6:09 - literally has no clue where the ball is.

7:48 - crashes right instead of staying at home, gets blown out of play, huge gain for Syracuse

9:38 - over-pursues, gets eaten alive by TE, huge gain for Syracuse

19:35 - bites on the reverse, too slow to recover, HUGE gain for Syracuse.

I’m sorry but the proof is in the tape. He’s constantly moving but most it is just that - movement. He’s either dropping back in coverage, losing sight of the ball, or can’t shed his blocker. With Mike Jones day-to-day and Skalski out, this concerns me, particularly in the next two games. Through this past weekend, Notre Dame is 15th in rushing offense (we are 41st!).

Swinney isn’t kidding. We need to dig in & tighten up, especially at LB.

Oct 28, 2020, 7:18 AM

Looked to me like he was setting the edge on and playing to an assignment. But I'm not a D coordinator or FB coach. My guess is that he'll be ready. Let's watch this week and see if he improves his play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2020, 12:31 PM

Zero improvement so far. Jake isn’t good.

Oct 28, 2020, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: As injuries mount for Clemson defense, Swinney says they have "to dig in a little bit" ]

It's hard to "break down film" without knowing the defense. You have no way of knowing what ANY of them are supposed to be doing. Coach Venables rolls the dice some and players arent usually "staying at home". I feel like our coaches are playing the best guy. I also think Coach Venables would be very cautious and attentive to his son's performance because he would never want to be seen as playing favorites for his kid.
He's probably even harder on him. He would want it to be OBVIOUS to everybody on Defense that he's the best guy to have in there so he doesn't lose their respect.

Oct 28, 2020, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: As injuries mount for Clemson defense, Swinney says they have "to dig in a little bit" ]

You saw what I saw!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad we're playin' at home. Will help a little bit.***

Oct 27, 2020, 6:42 PM

Oct 27, 2020, 9:26 PM

Scalpel and groin in the same sentence makes me cringe...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2020, 9:53 PM

Hold em if we don’t need them..... that’s what they’ll do

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic