Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: All eyes on ACC in hopes of good news this week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,081

TNET: All eyes on ACC in hopes of good news this week

Jul 27, 2020, 8:01 AM

All eyes on ACC in hopes of good news this week

Is this the week we’ve all been waiting for? Sort of. Several decisions could be made this week as the Power 5 conferences meet to figure how the season will be played. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Judge Kelly still wants us to opt out.***

Jul 27, 2020, 8:13 AM

I still think it’s the right thing to do.

Jul 27, 2020, 9:53 AM

You still want us to play at all costs, because “footbawl” is more important than basically everything?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I still think it’s the right thing to do.

Jul 27, 2020, 1:39 PM

Not to defend JK......but it will be interesting. One weekend of MLB (which is not a contact sport) and we see what happened with the Marlins - 40% of roster hit.....and now cancelling some games....and it's just the first weekend for a non-contact sport.

I want to see our Tigers play but I'm thinking....you get all those students on campus....with players.....Rona petrie dishes. It's a tough challenge if you just look at what has happened already in MLB.

U ..dunno but it seems fair to give our money

Jul 27, 2020, 2:34 PM

Back or prorate..

I can't agree if clemson's, you can't go to school, can't stay in the dorm, and can't eat in the cafeterias... but we will gladly keep all your money.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Folks need to understand, some players will likely catch the virus.

Jul 28, 2020, 1:32 AM [ in reply to Re: I still think it’s the right thing to do. ]

Doesn't mean its time to panic.

Do you ever go out in public?***

Jul 28, 2020, 1:29 AM [ in reply to I still think it’s the right thing to do. ]

Lol, yet again BloodbeKeller and JudgebeOrange have a TD

Jul 28, 2020, 1:50 PM

hissy fit. What a juvenile reply.

And she'll do it again, just watch.

Re: TNET: All eyes on ACC in hopes of good news this week

Jul 27, 2020, 9:15 AM

Haven't looked up everyone but is everyone trying to bring students back at some point? Maybe start October 1, do Division plus 1 and try to get in a Championship game and something post-season. Sorry ND - not our highest priority. You chose not to be in a Conference so live with it.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2020, 1:21 PM

Yes ND, your priority is NBC over having a conference and not being left and having a game that NBC would want to interrupt their TV regular TV schedule for. I guess they could void that contract bc y'all couldn't hold up your end of the deal with quality games to play, if any. Get your real priorities straight, or stay on the outside wanting to be in!!! Nobody wants to placate you while you're stuffing your cake up your A$$ all by yourself!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2020, 11:38 AM

My hope is that football will begin in September with either no fans or no more than 20% capacity.
As for Notre Dame this season, how could including them in an ACC schedule be anything but a win? We have the best talent and best coaches in the league and originally had ND on our schedule so we had to beat them either way to play for a potential National Championship. If NBC broadcasts nationally 8 or 10 games with an ACC team playing ND, that is a great thing for the conference.

Jul 27, 2020, 12:17 PM

Was the word Placate used by Dabo concerning Notre Dame, or was that David's word concerning Notre Dame???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2020, 1:34 PM

I do care how many games we play,as long as it is safe for the players.
I do not care care about Notre Dame.
Get some balls Swoffie,and tell them to either join the Conference full time.or get the #%11 out of Dodge on the noon stage .

Jul 27, 2020, 2:00 PM

Personally I am ready to get a refund or credit for the season. No interest in attending in person. Forget Notre Dame, unless they want to be full member.

Jul 27, 2020, 7:34 PM

How about a compromise with ND. They join the conference, but keep their NBC football contract money for 5 years. Of course they wouldn’t get any of the other conference TV money. They would participate in the ACC Championship game and keep the participants share. They would also be sharing and receiving bowl game revenue as the other schools do. I realize it may result in a few games being broadcast on two channels.

Jul 27, 2020, 10:14 PM

If they keep NBC money, then absolutely not a dime from the ACC in FB, nothing, zilch, zero!!! And, any money they get from a bowl game, it is split with all ACC schools!!!!

Hope so.***

Jul 28, 2020, 12:24 AM

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,081
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic