Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: A sweet soul: Tyshon Dye was more than a football player
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

TNET: A sweet soul: Tyshon Dye was more than a football player

Jul 7, 2019, 8:01 AM

A sweet soul: Tyshon Dye was more than a football player

I was driving early Friday evening when the text came across the phone with the news that former Clemson running back Tyshon Dye drowned during a family outing near his home. Dye was 25 years old, too young to be yanked out of our lives. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What an awesome story

Jul 7, 2019, 8:06 AM

RIP Tyshon, you'll be missed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Thank you for sharing such a great story

Jul 7, 2019, 8:11 AM

Really highlights a great young man and those memories are what should be his legacy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: A sweet soul: Tyshon Dye was more than a football player

Jul 7, 2019, 8:46 AM

Wonderful story, David. I never met Tyshon but I sure wish I had. I really missed out. Prayers for his friends and family

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2019, 8:48 AM

That was a heartfelt story that's always good to hear

Jul 7, 2019, 8:51 AM

David...you captured a special relationship between Koty and Tyshon. Thanks for sharing. Nancy Allen

Jul 7, 2019, 9:02 AM

That was a tough read. Onion cutting ninja's around here someplace.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2019, 9:12 AM

Thank you David Hood for showing us who Tyshon Dye really was, not just a running back at Clemson. Prayer for his family, may God reveal all of His mercy and grace on you.

Jul 7, 2019, 9:29 AM

AWESOME !!!!! ____________________that is what "THE CLEMSON FAMILY" is all about*

R.I.P. Tyshon ___ In Jesus Christ name I pray,AMEN

Jul 7, 2019, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: A sweet soul: Tyshon Dye was more than a football player ]

Yes it was! Thanks for sharing!!!

Jul 7, 2019, 9:43 AM

Thanks so much for sharing this, David. I’ve been touched over the past 24 hours by the outpouring of love for Tyshon and his family. I knew it was a reflection of the Clemson family but also the kind of person Tyshon was. You just gave us a beautiful testimony to what that looked like in the day to day. I pray that Tyshon’s legacy will continue to point your son to our Creator that made Tyshon who he was.

Prayers to the entire Dye family and to those friends like your son that are hurting right now.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heartfelt story...really, really strong

Jul 7, 2019, 10:27 AM

Onions, too!

RIP, Tyshon...stay strong, Koty!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2019, 10:43 AM

Thank you for sharing this sweet story. It helps us to understand why Ty Dye was so loved. I feel so sorry for his family, they must be devastated.

"A sweet soul" with eyes so full of hope . . .

Jul 7, 2019, 11:15 AM
IMG_1318.PNG(88.2 K)

Thanks for the inside look that most of us would never see without your reflections . . .

"old man crying" is not a pretty look, yet here I am . . . still

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thx David for sharing Koty & Ty's friendship story..

Jul 7, 2019, 12:22 PM

and of course giving a Nikki-type emotional "Confetti" moment too.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2019, 12:39 PM

Thanks for the story, David. Truly a life story.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2019, 1:01 PM

What a great story. I hope his family hears it so that they can, once again, hear how theirs changed someone's world. That is the best any of us can do.

Jul 7, 2019, 1:53 PM

This is a sad reminder that when we, all of us as college football fans regardless of school, jeer or yell at (rather than for) a young man on the field, we could be yelling at someone like Tyshon. When a player drops a pass or fumbles the ball, we should remember that they probably hated that worse than we did anyway. And, expressing anything other than disappointment in the event, not the player, is inapproptiate. Most of us never have the chance to get to know a player the way David Hood or Dabo Sweeney do. So, we never know when we may be jeering someone of similar nature to Tyshon. Tyshon will be missed terribly, but let's all cherish the person he was. Not for his skill on a football field, but for his skill at life. Prayers for his family and all who loved him!

Jul 7, 2019, 1:54 PM

This is a sad reminder that when we, all of us as college football fans regardless of school, jeer or yell at (rather than for) a young man on the field, we could be yelling at someone like Tyshon. When a player drops a pass or fumbles the ball, we should remember that they probably hated that worse than we did anyway. And, expressing anything other than disappointment in the event, not the player, is inapproptiate. Most of us never have the chance to get to know a player the way David Hood or Dabo Sweeney do. So, we never know when we may be jeering someone of similar nature to Tyshon. Tyshon will be missed terribly, but let's all cherish the person he was. Not for his skill on a football field, but for his skill at life. Prayers for his family and all who loved him!

Jul 7, 2019, 5:22 PM

CUTigerJAM has made a reminder to all us to love the players, our friends, our enemies and our neighbors as we would want to be loved and as absolutely incredible creations made by God an each with gifts equally as important to the purpose God made us for, to beautifully shine & reflect His Glory and truly how individually special Gods Love and kingdom are.

Tyshon will be missed by all the Forever Clemson Family! Praying we all get to shine with Tyshon in God’s Glory in Heaven! May we all see the Love of God that is special in everyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

??***

Jul 7, 2019, 9:11 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic