Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: A New Year, a New Hope
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

TNET: A New Year, a New Hope

Jan 10, 2021, 8:01 AM

A New Year, a New Hope

David Hood: I am not one of those people who makes New Year’s resolutions. I probably should try it sometime, but I find that life tends to get in the way of the best-laid plans and you simply go about your business and make each day count as best you can. When the calendar turned over to 2021 I found myself hoping that this year is more normal than 2020 in terms of sports. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: A New Year, a New Hope

Jan 10, 2021, 8:42 AM

I too, do not make New Years resolutions ,but not because of the "best laid plans of mice and men", but because I can't remember what I planned yesterday that I didn't get done today because something came up that needed to be done before tomorrow.
Seriously ,never before have I wanted a year like 2020 to end ,but never before have I been so afraid of what the next 12 months will bring, and that including sports.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:36 AM

Here is hoping we see something that even resembles this picture in 21! Go Vaccine and Go Tigers!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 9:02 AM

:)

Re: TNET: A New Year, and a New Hopkins?

Jan 10, 2021, 10:48 AM

Bird fre?? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 11:40 AM

We won't have spring sports or a Dabo football camp.The federal government once again abandoned its responsibilities and turned the Covid vaccine over to the states, and then didn't provide enough doses. It will take the rest of this year to get people their shots. We no longer are a country that can make things happen because it's "not our job." Your resolution should be "wait 'til 2022."

Jan 10, 2021, 12:30 PM

And frankly I don't even know if turning it over to the states is a good thing.
I don't trust either to provide a safe vaccine that is just that, a safe vaccine, and not a "tracking device!
Are you reading this Bill Gates.

Jan 10, 2021, 2:36 PM

Forget about COVID, and Lord willing, one day we will start to do that but based on the sickening scenes we saw in Washington last week and the rhetoric from the last 6 months or so, we have so many problems in this country. Sports used to be, more or less, a safe haven, a source of fun and enjoyment and an outlet from life's problems but will it ever be again? I can only hope American citizens will come together for the common good and work to preserve rather than tear down our Union. It will be nice when we can again worry and be concerned about sports and getting back to whatever normal life will look like going forward.

ESPN is ruining the enjoyment we used to get from sports

Jan 10, 2021, 3:42 PM

Their political agendas have taken over the escape sports once provided. Now they try to be TMZ.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: A New Year, a New Hope ]

So let me get this correct; What we saw in Washington last week was sickening, but what we saw over the last 6 months is only rhetoric.
Care to share your definition of rhetoric?

Is this a new Star Wars movie?

Jan 10, 2021, 4:28 PM

saban could be darth vadar........

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry David, I have much less hope for 2021

Jan 10, 2021, 6:02 PM

and it has nothing to do with Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And a BIG

Jan 11, 2021, 12:53 PM

AMEN was heard throughout the valley!

Go Tigers AND Stay Well Clemson Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic