Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TL To Raiders?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 4,781

TL To Raiders?

Dec 27, 2020, 8:11 PM

Wonder if the Jags would take Carr and Mariota and there first round pick for Trevor? Then we would definitely have a favorite team in the NFL!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TL To Raiders?

Dec 27, 2020, 8:24 PM

Will be interesting to see if any teams offer the farm to Jags for the 1st pick...and if they take it.

Dec 27, 2020, 8:26 PM

No. They would never consider it.

Dec 27, 2020, 8:45 PM

Nope, and that's bc Trevor would turn the Raiders into a serious contender almost instantly after his 1st season with the Raiders. Almost any team in the NFL would give up their 1st, 2nd, and 3d pick to get a franchise QB with Trevors measurements and skills!!! Trevor is the typical size that NFL teams want as their QB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 10:28 PM

Trevor will cost you 3 first round picks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 11:32 PM

What ever, most teams only have one 1st pick, and I couldn't see a team giving up their 1st round pick for three years. There will be other really good QB's coming out in the 3 years, and I do understand that Trevor is a generational QB. As great as we believe Trevor is, and he is most likely that great, but he wouldn't be worth 3 1st round picks to any team, I don't believe. Not being an NFL fan, I would probably start watching the team that gets Trevor with the exception of the Jets, I've never liked any of the New York teams, and it won't start bc Trevor is with one. I will until I die wish Trevor the best of everything, but I would never wish the best for anything in NY. And,

the reason for that is this, my daddy was a hard working man that was a long distance truck driver, and right before he died when I was 9, I remember my daddy getting robbed during a layover in NY for every dime he had, plus they stole his boots that he only wore when he was driving over the road. He died from a massive heart attack two months later. It most likely had nothing to be with him being robbed at gun point, and whatever the real reason that caused his heart attack, I've always believe that it was bc of the robbery, and I've hated anything connected with NY ever since. I know the robbery probably had nothing to do with his death, but to a 9 year old kid it did, even though he had a heart attack prior to the one that killed him. My daddy was a very proud man, and even my mom thought that bc there was nothing he could have done when he was being robbed, my momma always said that she believe that it worried him to death that someone took what little he had, and without a gun, no two or 3 men would have ever taken anything from him bc, he was a bad A$$ with his fist, and I've heard that about by the people that knew him, more than anything else besides he was a good and honest man!!! So I will pray that one of ours never end up in that God forsaken place!!!!!!

IMO, I would be just fine with any Florida team that had Trevor, and I would be a fan whatever Florida team that our Trevor Lawrence played on. So here to me hoping that he lands in Florida, preferably Miami sense they were the NFL team I pulled for before I gave up on the NFL back when they brought in replacement players bc of the strikes, but I think that I'll have to be a Jacksonville Jaguar fan if he lands in Florida!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No need to wonder

Dec 27, 2020, 8:46 PM

Jags won't take that trade. Raiders have 0% chance of drafting Trevor.

It's pretty close to zero the Jags will trade the pick to anyone, even for a great package.

Re: No need to wonder

Dec 27, 2020, 10:18 PM

I think the Jets would have traded him because they need more than a QB. The Jags may be in the same boat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many teams that dont need more than a QB can afford

Dec 27, 2020, 10:23 PM

to make that kind of move? Most teams with lots of assets have those assets because they are bad and need help at multiple positions.

Re: No need to wonder

Dec 27, 2020, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Re: No need to wonder ]

Draft your franchise QB and continue to add pieces around him for 2-3 years and you'll be a contender for a decade or more.

I like the optimism

Dec 27, 2020, 10:23 PM

That would make me so happy!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 10:47 PM

IF, and it's always an IF no matter who it is, Trevor is what they project, there is nothing a team can give you to make it worth trading Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Aaron Rodgers

Right now I'm trying to figure out any way possible to get DW out of HOU. I hate that this young man is in this situation all because BOB is a boob

Exactly

Dec 27, 2020, 11:21 PM

Jags don't want to be known as the team that traded Trevor. Besides that, trading a potential generational player at the most important position would be insanely stupid.

DW4 is stuck on the Texans. Get used to it. He's the only thing that makes the Texans worth watching or following. (For the record, I live in Houston).

At least he got paid for his troubles. I take some solace in that.

Re: Exactly

Dec 27, 2020, 11:48 PM

With DW4 agreeing to a salary offered by the Texans, he put his entire NFL future, and maybe the only NFL contract that he will ever again sign. For any QB playing without an O line to protect them, their NFL future is at a great risk. Maybe DW4 figures he can run away from any serious injuries with the Texans until he has served out his contract, but that is a high risk gamble. But if he don't make it to the end of his contract, hopefully he is smart enough to make the money that he will end up getting, last him a lifetime....

Dec 27, 2020, 11:44 PM

Nobody is talking about the NFL forcing the Jets to win a few games so the London Jaguars can have a real attraction to grow the league in Europe. The NFL wants them to play half their home games over there and likely put their finger on the scale of fate to boost the Jags chances of getting TL.

Dec 27, 2020, 11:52 PM

I think that putting NFL teams in Europe will do what it seems they have been trying to do for years now, and that is to finish ruining the NFL!!!

Dec 28, 2020, 4:41 AM

Funny to watch an NFL game in Europe where the soccer, kicking oriented fans, cheer kicking extra points.

Dec 28, 2020, 6:10 AM [ in reply to Re: TL To Raiders? ]

Nobody forced the Jets to win.

If so, Jags GM

Dec 28, 2020, 5:06 AM

will be looking for a job, possibly in NY, soon thereafter. ??

Go Tigers!

Dec 28, 2020, 7:43 AM

In my mind that would be on the level of Sam Bouie picked over Michael Jordan.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 4,781
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic