Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Uh-Oh Notre Dame students. Here comes the consequences...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 95
| visibility 1

Uh-Oh Notre Dame students. Here comes the consequences...

Nov 8, 2020, 11:22 PM

of your gathering. https://twitter.com/TMcFaddenWNDU/status/1325616921568481280

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uh-Oh Notre Dame students. Here comes the consequences...

Nov 8, 2020, 11:35 PM

this is absolutely frightening.doesn't portend well for the future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 9, 2020, 8:34 AM

hoo,

Which is more frightening, having to take a covid test or the prospect of thousand of potentially positive students going home for xmas and spreading this disease over hundreds of communities around the country ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about

Nov 9, 2020, 10:45 AM

the people who piled into the streets Saturday to celebrate that CNN thinks Biden won?

Any concerns there???

Private school. Can do what they want.***

Nov 9, 2020, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Uh-Oh Notre Dame students. Here comes the consequences... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What if they infected a bunch of the Notre Dame players...***

Nov 8, 2020, 11:38 PM

THAT my friends is the future. C'mon man, you voted for him

Nov 8, 2020, 11:40 PM

Not to mention AOC's lists. Welcome to the Biden administration. They are starting early.

Re: THAT my friends is the future. C'mon man, you voted for him

Nov 9, 2020, 12:22 AM

LOL.

Stop making things up and being divisive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, you don't find any of that letter to be an infringment

Nov 9, 2020, 12:33 AM

of your liberties in the least bit? Forced testing? Withholding student registration?

You think ol'Joe is going to shutdown the virus?

You don't think AOC meant what she said?

I'm not being divisive. You have mayors and gov's saying you can have Thanksgiving but with limits.

Re: So, you don't find any of that letter to be an infringment

Nov 9, 2020, 12:48 AM

We definitely deserve the right to infect and kill others. F the elderly and the other vulnerable people. I am not wearing a mask and I am definitely not social distancing. I have my rights and I want to infect others and kill them. Well said. We're on the same page. The liberty to kill vulnerable people comes first. It's too much work to wash hands, wear a mask, and to social distance to an extent. I am not doing it. Liberty!

Well that escalated. BTW, after this pandemic is over,

Nov 9, 2020, 12:56 AM

I still want you to stay 6 ft away.

Re: Well that escalated. BTW, after this pandemic is over,

Nov 9, 2020, 1:10 AM

I can do that.

Re: Well that escalated. BTW, after this pandemic is over,

Nov 9, 2020, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Well that escalated. BTW, after this pandemic is over, ]

Hellll, Injun, let's make it 20.

Nov 9, 2020, 12:57 AM [ in reply to Re: So, you don't find any of that letter to be an infringment ]

Thank goodness you always obey the speed limit and never selfishly endanger the lives of others.
Good boy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 9, 2020, 1:12 AM

I am with you man. Wearing a tiny mask part time to save others is a nightmare. Freedom and liberty. I think I have already killed maybe 7 people for the sake of liberty. How many have you bagged?

Nov 9, 2020, 1:18 AM

The masks 99% of people wear are totally useless and promote the spread of coronavirus by giving dumb people a false sense of security.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:20 AM

Well said, I don't believe in science either. Studies have shown that KN95 stop 95% of the spread from one's mouth, but like you I don't believe in science. Liberty! MAGA!

Nov 9, 2020, 1:23 AM

"Studies have shown that KN95..."

Irrelevant. Nobody's wearing N-95s to work or to Wal-Mart and certainly not to college football games. All people are wearing are cloth masks which are totally useless.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:29 AM

KN95 and N95 masks are common. That said, even the surgical masks stop over 60% at the least. They are everywhere. So there's that. That said, I prefer to kill people because masks bother me and infringe on my right to kill people. Also, they make my ears itch and tickle my nose. That alone gives me the right to kill almost 99 year old Joe21.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:32 AM

You be you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 9, 2020, 1:35 AM

Are you still blocking dozens of Tigernet people out of a feeble fear of being thumbed down? By the way, I give you TU almost always. Anyway, stay fearful and insecure. You be you.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:38 AM

You be you, killa. You so gangsta.

And you can keep your COVID-riddled TUs to yourself.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:41 AM

No doubt, bruh. Gangsta is all me. That's why I also block everyone out to avoid a thumbs down. Got to protect one's self. U Know what I am saying? Respect!

Nov 9, 2020, 1:44 AM

Being able to TD me seems strangely important to you. Do you ever self-reflect and wonder why this obsesses you so much?

Nov 9, 2020, 1:49 AM

It's important to you apparently. That's why you took time to block the feature. You must have had some problems. I hope you're doing better now. Stay strong.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:51 AM

^^^ you see this?
this is obsession.

I guess I should be flattered, but it’s more creepy than anything.

Nov 9, 2020, 2:01 AM

You are fascinating. I think you might be the first person on the website to be terrified of a TD. I respect that. Some people have phobias. Like I said, stay strong mijo!

Nov 9, 2020, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Re: So, you don't find any of that letter to be an infringment ]

Go to bed, man...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 1:33 AM [ in reply to Re: So, you don't find any of that letter to be an infringment ]

"KN95 and N95 masks are common."

You obviously have no idea what an N-95 respirator is. It's not a mask. And they aren't common. I've literally never seen anyone wearing one in public and neither have you.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:37 AM

KN95 mask bud and they are common. You may want to sit this conversation out.

https://www.rehabmart.com/product/kn95-face-mask-49080.html

Nov 9, 2020, 1:41 AM

LOL you actually think KN95 garbage masks are the same as an N-95 respirator. Hilarious. Dunning-Kruger effect on display.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:44 AM

LOL...You actually think someone posted about a respirator. What's it like to be you? Nah, we're talking KN95 masks, Einstein. Let me know if you're still confused.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:54 AM

KN95s are uncertified Chinese garbage. The Chinese just stamp "KN95" on worthless cloth and sell it to gullible Westerners like you. They don't stop a #### thing that's the size of a respiratory droplet that could carry COVID-19. Any "studies" you've seen to the contrary are methodologically flawed and paid for by Chinese research dollars.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:57 AM

Ok...So the one from the USA are Chinese garbage? Tell us more? Moreover, there is a link below for you. Keep yourself busy.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: So, you don't find any of that letter to be an infringment ]

Chemistry,

Again, evidence please.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:52 AM [ in reply to Re: So, you don't find any of that letter to be an infringment ]

Here. Keep yourself busy.

https://www.sciencealert.com/this-chart-shows-the-best-and-worst-face-masks-for-each-situation

Nov 9, 2020, 1:59 AM

LOL imagine believing that some zoomer reporter for Business Insider is an expert on airborne virus transmission. Google "Gell-Mann Amnesia" right after you google "Dunning-Kruger." You suffer from both.

There is zero evidence that mask mandates have done anything whatsoever to stop coronavirus transmission. Places that have strict mask mandates are just as bad off as places that don't. That's science. Some nonsense zoomer reporter article from Business Insider is not science.

Nov 9, 2020, 2:03 AM

How about the Mayo Clinic? Same info. It's universal. I am starting to think your moniker is just nonsense.

Nov 9, 2020, 2:13 AM

No one who has any professional expertise with masks and respirators would say any of the nonsense you have. You're just googling stuff and pretending to be an expert. You didn't even know KN95s are uncertified Chinese garbage.

You can tell that current mask mandates aren't effective because they literally don't have any discernible effect on coronavirus transmission rates. You can't defeat that with "but this website says they do work!" They clearly don't. If they did, then places where they have strict mask mandates would have defeated COVID-19 while places that don't would be suffering rampant infections. That's not happening because masks that are available to the general public simply don't stop airborne viruses.

Nov 9, 2020, 2:19 AM

Now you are just spewing nonsense. Do you have no pride? There are KN95 and N95 masks made in the USA as well. The rest of your post is just straight moronic gibberish. Is that partially why you got banned the first time and you had to return with this new moniker?

Nov 9, 2020, 7:31 AM

KN95 is a made up designation to confuse someone to believe that they are getting a N95 respirator and to avoid being arrested for selling counterfeit goods. Pretty funny how people now think KN95 is a real standard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I work for a company that manufactures respirators.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Re: So, you don't find any of that letter to be an infringment ]

I've been in the safety industry for more than 25 years.

There is so much misinformation about masks and respirators on the internet. I'll admit some of the memes that try to explain mask effectiveness are humorous. Most of the "experts'" articles I read who quote "science" and "studies" misinterpret or misrepresent key information.

Couple of points for consideration:

N95 is an effectiveness rating for respirators. N, R, P and 95, 99, 100 are part of an alpha-numeric rating for filter effectiveness. There is an approval process to make/sell these NIOSH-certified respirators. Respirators are required to have a "TC" number and certification with the respirators at point of sale (in box, on packaging, label, etc...)

There are two types of respirators: supplied air respirators (SAR) and air purifying respirators (APR). SARs refer to air line respirators and self-contained breathing apparatus. APRs refer to negative pressure and powered, air purifying respirators.

KN95 is a made up number to sell "masks". My best guess is it was developed by an entrepreneurial person who wanted to make a quick dollar. It sounds like N95, but is different enough to avoid legal trouble. No certification for filtering effectiveness required since it is not a respirator.

Respirators are used to protect the wearer from airborne contaminants (aerosol, particulate, vapor, gases for APRs, and in some cases for SARs - oxygen deficient environments, etc...).

Surgical masks are used in a sterile environment to protect the environment from the mask wearer.

Based on my knowledge of respiratory protection, I have professional opinions that differ from most of the information I see posted on the internet regarding overall protection. And yes, my opinions are based on science. I trust the science as I use it to provide respiratory protection to end users.

My point is this: we're doing it all wrong. The mask concept to protect everyone is backwards. Remember, masks are used to protect a sterile environment. We don't live in a sterile environment. Respirators are used to protect the wearer from harmful airborne contaminants. If you want to protect people, put respirators on them.

The only problem with respiratory protection for COVID-19 is the size of the virus. It is smaller than any particulate that can be caught in the most efficient respirator filter media with 99.99% efficiency or 100 rating.

Re: I work for a company that manufactures respirators.

Nov 9, 2020, 9:03 AM

laid-back,

I think I followed much of your post, but i have a question. While I understand that masks (not respirators) are meant to prevent germs from getting into a sterile environment, are you saying that masks do NOTHING to reduce the chance of spreading the virus to other people in general settings??

I'm saying if we want to protect people from

Nov 9, 2020, 10:00 AM

airborne contaminants we need to take the personal protective equipment (PPE) approach and use respirators.

The concept of mask wearing seems counter-intuitive. This concept says I have to rely on the effectiveness of someone else's "mask" for protection. It assumes that the environment is sterile, and the only way I can get infected is if I breathe someone else's exhaled contamination. It also assumes that everyone is a transmitter.

In a "general setting", there is no way to prove the effectiveness of a mask. I think the mask concept provides a false sense of security in that the mask provides respiratory protection. There are so many variables to account for...

My opinion: I think we were told not to wear masks in the beginning of the pandemic because the smart guys in the back of the room knew they wouldn't provide effective protection. I think mandating mask usage was a means to avoid panic with the general public. Not saying that's good or bad...

I justify wearing my mask when shopping because it makes people feel better. I don't believe a mask keeps me safe from exposure. If I'm worried about exposure, I wash my hands frequently and use hand sanitizer.

Also, I thought it was interesting to see Joe Biden's mask efforts. Without being political... I've seen pictures of him wearing a disposable N95 respirator under a mask. The respirator is there for his protection and the mask is there to show his compliance to the mask concept.

The problem with your assessment is your requirement of

Nov 9, 2020, 10:36 AM

95+% efficacy as a standard, as if 80% or something less is worthless. That's an all or nothing approach.

The efficiency rating is not a catch all.

Nov 9, 2020, 11:11 AM

It is specific to particle size filtration.

A 95 rating means the filter media is 95% effective in blocking particles that are .18 microns.
99 and 100 ratings mean the filter media is 99% and 99.99% respectively effective in blocking the same particle size.

If I have a particle that is smaller than .18 microns, I can't filter it with media that is only effective down to .18 microns. That's not to say that I can't filter it, I just don't have a test to verify. The NIOSH testing allows for a test particle size of .185 microns +/- .020. For example, a particle that is smaller than .16, the filter media is 0% effective. If the particle is larger than .18 microns, the media can be 95%, 99%, or 99.99% effective in stopping it.

COVID-19 varies in size from what I can tell. Some variants are really, really small and others are just small when compared to other viruses.

To your point, 80% protection against a virus is better than none. This is why I believe respirators are better than masks.

Re: The problem with your assessment is your requirement of

Nov 9, 2020, 5:04 PM [ in reply to The problem with your assessment is your requirement of ]

Body armor that stops 80% of bullets is utterly useless when the guy with the gun is shooting billions of bullets at you. It's the same thing with masks and airborne viruses. Anything less than an N-95 is useless and N-95s are no panacea.

I love how Carlsbad went silent all of a sudden lol

Nov 9, 2020, 10:38 AM [ in reply to I'm saying if we want to protect people from ]

Hey Carlsbad, tell this guy how uninformed and ignorant he is like you did repeatedly on this thread. Gotta love the resident know-it-all. Mr. google fingers.... haha.

For the record, great information laid-back. I do the same in wearing my mask to make others feel at ease bc i feel its the right thing to do.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: So, you don't find any of that letter to be an infringment ]

OK Chemistry,

Now you are just being irrational and contrarian. The link that Carlsbad provided clearly shows the sources of the info in the chart: Duke University, Journal of Hospital Infections, Public Health England, University of Chicago, University of Illinois.

So if you actually have EVIDENCE to the contrary, now is the time to present it. Otherwise, I have to question any connection that you have to science beyond your screen name.

Nov 9, 2020, 12:11 PM

The evidence that masks don't work is the public health data that demonstrates coronavirus is mass infecting people in places that have mask mandates just like it is in places that don't. No more evidence is needed.

There are some people on this board (like me) who have professional expertise with masks and respirators and PPE. We are all explaining to you low-information types why masks (especially KN95s) are functionally useless. The only way you could seriously impact infection rates with respiration filtration is if everybody wore N-95s or something better all the time. But there's not enough money or PPE material on the planet to allow that.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: So, you don't find any of that letter to be an infringment ]

Have you been drinking? You are normally more reasoned (even if a bit of a bed wetter) than this. The OP complaint was about the authoritarian overreach by the university, not whether or not the students actions were wise.

Nov 9, 2020, 2:43 AM [ in reply to Re: So, you don't find any of that letter to be an infringment ]

Look, the way people are wearing masks in US is an absolute joke. Protection? More like a secondary contamination to me. A piece of cloth CANNOT serves any meaningful protection. Will government supply N95 masks for free? BTW, have you worn N95 for more than 30 min?

Nov 9, 2020, 2:48 AM

Yeah I have. I fly here and there. Basic surgical masks limit the spread as well and they are no big deal. Next. You think a surgical mask is a secondary contamination piece? Really. You should step away from the conversation. By the way, you can get them free at many places now.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: So, you don't find any of that letter to be an infringment ]

Chemistry,

Evidence, please.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:15 AM [ in reply to Re: So, you don't find any of that letter to be an infringment ]

Any vulnerable person who goes to a bigtime college football game in the middle of an airborne viral pandemic is 100% at fault if they catch the Chinese plague. No sympathy whatsoever for somebody who did something that stupid. If you're an 80 year old 400 pound diabetic with asthma and COPD you don't need to be hanging out in a group of 20,000 people on a cold November night. And the rest of society shouldn't have to stop living their lives and running their businesses because you're in such bad health that stubbing your toe is likely to kill you.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:21 AM

The good news is that those people who charged the field will never see another person again after they charged the field. What's the danger? All is good.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:28 AM

Try writing that post again in a coherent fashion. Or are you literally claiming that everybody who went on the field at Notre Dame is going to instantly drop dead from coronavirus?

Nov 9, 2020, 1:31 AM

Try reading again, chemistry dude. It was coherent for anyone with the basic fundamental study of elementary English. Sorry it confused you and it was complicated for you to comprehend. Give it another shot.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:36 AM

"The good news is that those people who charged the field will never see another person again after they charged the field."

This makes absolutely no sense unless you're claiming that they all instantly either (a) dropped dead or (b) went blind. Obviously all of those people will continue seeing other human beings in their daily lives.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:38 AM

Yes, it makes it makes no sense if you are stupid. It's what called sarcasm and they will see plenty of others. What's it like to be you?

Nov 9, 2020, 1:43 AM

"It's what called sarcasm and they will see plenty of others."

Did you perhaps have a stroke this evening?

Nov 9, 2020, 1:51 AM

Nah, it's pretty straight forward. My gut feeling is that you had have someone else take your English class to graduate college, if you did.

Nov 9, 2020, 2:03 AM

Carlsbad® said:

Nah, it's pretty straight forward. My gut feeling is that you had have someone else take your English class to graduate college, if you did.

"Straightforward" is one word, not two. And your second sentence is missing a word. I'm pretty sure if one of us is an ESL, it's you.

Nov 9, 2020, 2:05 AM

You found a typo on the internet. Neat. That still doesn't explain your lack of reading comprehension. Do you always easily get confused online?

Nov 9, 2020, 1:47 AM [ in reply to Re: So, you don't find any of that letter to be an infringment ]

Chemistry Dept and Jordan Hall need to get together and have their own nattering nabob club.

I'll be honest, I don't understand what you're

Nov 9, 2020, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: So, you don't find any of that letter to be an infringment ]

saying here.

What are you saying?

Nov 9, 2020, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: So, you don't find any of that letter to be an infringment ]

Chemistry,

C'mon man. The letter itself indicates that the university is concerned about those students spreading the virus throughout their community at ND at when they go home.

ND has called on their students to follow the CDC guidelines to help allow the university to function as best as possible. Saturday night, the students violated those guidelines in a major way and the university is trying to ameliorate the damage as much as is possible.

I think most of the students will understand that.

Nov 9, 2020, 6:23 AM [ in reply to Re: So, you don't find any of that letter to be an infringment ]

I think you are missing the point.

I don’t have a problem with them requiring testing before allowing them to register and enforcing guidelines to limit spread. After all, choosing and attending a college is a privilege not a right. Therefore, the students are welcome to refuse to comply, they are just welcome to sit out a semester or choose to go somewhere else.

The issue I have, and what I think you are missing, is the University’s role in causing this mess. If their response was going to be this severe and draconian, The university never should have had students at the game to begin with. Essentially, they are violating their own rules that the plan to punish others “severely” for not following. Add in that their president contracted covid from an event where he didn’t wear a mask, and this is hypocritical as hell. Lastly, the thing I have the biggest issue with is not allowing someone to freely travel about this country. I get that this boils down to the right vs privilege thing, but it does not seem to be that big of a stretch of the imagination where your governor, or state Legislatures, or Congress, or a presidential EO finds some similar thing to prevent you from doing until you have COMPLIED with whatever they want. Can’t leave your home for groceries, can’t travel more than 3 miles from your house, can’t be out in groups.

You are being incredibly myopic and childish claiming everyone who doesn’t think like you do must automatically want to kill people. Or are racist, or homophobic, or whatever kind of -isms and -phobias there are out there. What you fail to see is your gross over generalization, some may say stereotyping, of a large group of people (perhaps 48% of this country) by your misguided beliefs or interactions with a few, is very similar to that which what you claim your political opponents are guilty. Can you not see you are becoming exactly what you pretend to be against?

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Nov 9, 2020, 9:20 AM

XJ,

First of all, I want to take your point about making generalizations about groups of other people. In the coming months, I think we all need to make an effort to reach out to people that may see things differently than us. Let us try to appeal to our better natures and open up real discussion again.

I think Carlsbad (& I) is frustrated by the ongoing refusal of so many on this board to recognize scientific expertise and be willing to do the oh so easy thing of wearing masks & social distancing. If people would have just done that from the beginning, we would be in a much better position both economically & health-wise. Stronger measures like the ones we are discussing here might be unnecessary by now.

Secondly, the university was trying to operate as normally as possible while still following the guidelines to keep everyone reasonably safe. They were trying to strike a balance between rationally dealing with the virus and allowing our lives to continue with some semblance of normality.

That includes attending a football game - with masks and social distancing. The students failed to do this and now the University is trying to limit the damage to the local and distant communities. To anything else would be the unreasonable thing.

Everything you posted is true

Nov 9, 2020, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: So, you don't find any of that letter to be an infringment ]

Even if you meant it to be a smartazs post.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Nov 9, 2020, 7:41 AM [ in reply to So, you don't find any of that letter to be an infringment ]

ND is a private club. They can place restrictions on their membership.

Nov 9, 2020, 12:20 PM

TigerKAT84 said:

ND is a private club. They can place restrictions on their membership.

Notre Dame is part of a government-run higher education cartel. There is no such thing as a truly private college anymore outside of unaccredited bible colleges and the like whose degrees aren't recognized as valid by the government or by 99% of the professional and business communities.

Any college that offers government-accredited degrees is a governmental entity even if they are nominally private.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:43 AM [ in reply to So, you don't find any of that letter to be an infringment ]

Injun,

I feel like I am bending a little bit to try to see your point of view. OK, I take note that ND's requirements are out of the ordinary. The President of the university acknowledges such in the letter.

But there is a real threat to the students, their families, and their communities. So the university is requiring that the students all take an pretty non-invasive test to assess the threat and be able to take the necessary measures to try to protect them all.

I think any suggestion that this is the beginning of some totalitarian effort is hyperbolic and unreasonable. It makes you sound like the boy who cried wolf.

Wow, so a 1 am post about a concern of overreach has turned

Nov 9, 2020, 9:33 AM

into a full political pi$$ing match.

I'll wear my mask in public. I'll wash my hands. BTW, it's really amazing that there is a huge portion of the population that don't. I am a bit of a germaphobe anyway.

When Biden says he will shut down the virus...what does that mean? He never offered an explanation. Trump was an idiot for not pressing that in the debate. The moderator never pressed him on that. The media has never pressed on that.

ND can do anything they want to their students. I don't care. But, I do have great concern with this country going forward, that the government will do anything they want to force states to comply.

It starts with a mandatory mask mandate. Seems simple enough. Then it moves to mandatory quarantines for small areas, cities, could even be states with the Federal govt forcing states by withholding funds.

Mandates will be fought in the SCOTUS. It's the slippery slope that I'm concerned about.

AOC tweeted a passive aggressive tweet about making a list of all Trump supporters and hinting of retribution.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:44 AM [ in reply to So, you don't find any of that letter to be an infringment ]

Injun,

To what AOC list are you referring. I am unfamiliar with such.

Nov 9, 2020, 10:13 AM [ in reply to So, you don't find any of that letter to be an infringment ]

A) what does this letter have to do with Biden? Trump is the current president.

B) how is this a violation of anyone’s liberties? A university or business has the right to make requirements for people who are on their property just as those same people have the right to go somewhere else.

Oh okay. Does that start now?

Nov 9, 2020, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: THAT my friends is the future. C'mon man, you voted for him ]

Because President Trump was certainly not afforded this luxury.

Nov 9, 2020, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: THAT my friends is the future. C'mon man, you voted for him ]

LOL! And the left hasn't made things up and been divisive the last 4 years? Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !!!!

Nov 9, 2020, 9:22 AM

Smack,

How do we reduce the divisiveness if all we are going to do is continue to that both sides did it. Let's work toward reducing it now.

Nov 9, 2020, 4:37 PM

TOBIAS,

You're laughable. So you're saying once now that you have what you want we should unite.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggghhhhhhhtttttttttt!!!!

Nov 9, 2020, 12:24 AM [ in reply to THAT my friends is the future. C'mon man, you voted for him ]

I'm telling u, in 2 years you wont be able to get anyone on here to admit they voted for the nutjob and the hooker. Of course, when a portion of your voters have been dead for 50 years, it's tough to ask them anything

Nov 9, 2020, 1:33 AM

People will always be proud to vote out Trump. It's all about 2024 to start over. Biden was just a stopgap. Haley will probably be our next president IMO.

Nov 9, 2020, 6:07 AM

Let me respectfully ask a question. What do you mean by stopgap? From what?

Nov 9, 2020, 7:00 AM

Biden will be 1 term. The Republicans will have a quality candidate and we will see who the Dems have in 2024. People just voted Biden to just fill the gap until 2024. He is a temporary way of dealing with a problem.

Nov 9, 2020, 7:03 AM

From the democrats perspective they does make sense.

Nov 9, 2020, 7:19 AM

From enough Republicans as well to get Biden elected.

Nov 9, 2020, 6:48 AM [ in reply to Re: THAT my friends is the future. C'mon man, you voted for him ]

My nightmare has come true. I heard Harris interview a few years ago before she was famous and had to watch her mouth. Of course , that interview is gone!! I was in complete shock at the anti American and racist evil coming out of her mouth. I had never heard anything like that. People have no idea who they’ve given power to. We will soon find out.

Sounds like BS to me

Nov 9, 2020, 8:26 AM

Things like that don't just disappear from the internet. Who interviewed her?

Nov 9, 2020, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: THAT my friends is the future. C'mon man, you voted for him ]

outlaw,

When you speak derogatorily about people just because you disagree with them, and especially when you do so just because one of them is a woman, you make it really hard for any reasonable person to take you seriously.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:36 AM [ in reply to THAT my friends is the future. C'mon man, you voted for him ]

Injun,

What is the big problem with taking a Covid test ?? It's good for you. It's good for your family.
It's good for your community. Is this really the hill you want to fight on ??

Nov 9, 2020, 12:15 PM

So are you in favor of rounding up every homosexual, drug user, and prostitute on the planet and forcing them to all have AIDS tests, then quarantining the ones who test positive until a cure can be found?

Just curious how far the public health totalitarian streak goes with you people. Because it's irrational to treat COVID like typhoid but not do the same with AIDS, which is far deadlier and far more contagious in degenerate communities.

Nov 9, 2020, 12:12 AM

Ha ha, Indian Coots aren’t that much better or, or a a at aaaall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 7:39 AM

They shot back this picture...lol kids ????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

This waas my first thought when I saw their 'social

Nov 9, 2020, 8:59 AM

distancing' in the stand. Do as I say...

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Nov 9, 2020, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Uh-Oh Notre Dame students. Here comes the consequences... ]

Yeah, that is bad. But it does not make ND's position in this matter wrong.

BTW, anyone notice all of the Trumpers not wearing masks as well.

Nov 9, 2020, 9:01 AM

That’s toooooooo bad!

Replies: 95
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic