Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swine Flu stats;
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Swine Flu stats;

Mar 16, 2020, 11:22 AM

Time from WHO declaration of a pandemic for the Swine Flu and Obama's declaration of a National Emergency­-135 days

Time from WHO declaration of a pandemic for the China Virus and Trump's declaration of a National Emergency-­2 days

60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million)

274,304 hospitalizations (195,086-402,719)

12,469 deaths (8868-18,306) (282 children)

Thanks, Obama, for screwing that one up!! The MSM covered for you, sadly.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does the Mar-A-Lago Virus have to do with football?

Mar 16, 2020, 11:26 AM

I guess it's no longer "fake news" or a "hoax."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What does the Mar-A-Lago Virus have to do with football?

Mar 16, 2020, 11:56 AM

I didn't start this politicization of the virus debate on T-net; unhinged liberals did. TYVM

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The old "but Little Jimmie started it" rationale.

Mar 16, 2020, 12:14 PM

Good stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The old "but Little Jimmie started it" rationale.

Mar 16, 2020, 12:31 PM

but, but I enjoyed closing my eyes for 8 years and he was not mean, and he was this well spoken man of not white color who was really good at reading from a screen. And it was so nice to not have to hear negative news on the Big 3 news organizations every night, because they arent racist so they only talked about his wife and her lettuce field

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude!

Mar 16, 2020, 12:39 PM

You're giving the game away!

Re: What does the Mar-A-Lago Virus have to do with football?

Mar 17, 2020, 1:38 AM [ in reply to Re: What does the Mar-A-Lago Virus have to do with football? ]

Are you kidding?? Repeatedly I saw Republicans saying it's a hoax by the Liberals and media.
There's some unhinged folks on here but a majority are #45 supporters.
(For the record I hate politics)

Re: Swine Flu stats;

Mar 16, 2020, 11:32 AM

Please don't muddle peoples feelings with facts.

Expect some knee jerks to your post...

Mar 16, 2020, 11:58 AM

Agreed. Facts, logic and common sense can be elusive on T-net. Like right now.

Mar 16, 2020, 12:58 PM

In your attempt to sensationalize this opportunity to deflect from your savior Trump’s mismanagement of this current crisis, you should clarify that number listed are not for the US and have absolutely nothing to do with Obama. Nice try though.

I have corrected your “alternative facts” for you and those that are easily misled by reading or hearing something from the internet and automatically thinking it must be true.

in April, H1N1, also known as Swine Flu, breaks out and quickly spreads to more than 70 countries. The Centers for Disease Control reports that between April and October, 22 million Americans had contracted the virus, 98,000 required hospitalization, and about 3,900 people died from H1N1-related causes.

https://www.infoplease.com/science-health/health/major-us-epidemics

Mar 16, 2020, 1:07 PM

Here's one review about infoplease site:
"
mikeg36
Mike G.
33 reviews
74 helpful votes

Message Follow

This site has been on the web over 10 years
April 22nd, 2012
This site has been on the web over 10 years. They're generally easy to use and have evolved by featuring more almanac information that's gained through their business group. The company, infoplease, evolved from a radio show many years back. This site is a subdivision of the large media and education company, Pearson, from the UK. Though they're not featured and linked as frequently like the big 800lb gorillas in this field, they're timely and useful as a entryway for further research. I still use the site.
"
from here:
https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/infoplease.com

Mar 16, 2020, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Swine Flu stats; ]

Are you implying that Barack Hussein Obama did something good in the infection of swine flu?

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Mar 17, 2020, 1:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Swine Flu stats; ]

Thank you. It wont age well due to #45 's clan on here.

But but but Obama is the new 'but but Hilary'***

Mar 16, 2020, 1:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2020, 7:16 PM

Can you please tweet this to DJT and CNN and MSDNC

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Mar 17, 2020, 3:24 AM

60 million cases for Swine Flu and 12 thousand deaths. That’s a death rate of 0.02%. Covid-19 has a death rate literally 100x higher around 2.0%

If 60 million people had Covid-19, we’d expect 1.2 million deaths.

But don’t let math get in the way of a good story.

Mar 17, 2020, 6:57 AM

You do realize they are currently only testing those who get extremely sick from the virus. Many who get it stay home and recover like normal or don’t have any symptoms at all. Therefore the true numbers are skewed.

The media didn’t latch on and start attacking Obama before the swine flu hit like the big 3 did to Trump. They were attacking him for closing travel to China and now say he didn’t do enough. Talk about speaking out both sides of their mouth.

Mar 17, 2020, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Swine Flu stats; ]

Not necessarily true. From stats I’ve seen the death rate is dropping the more people get infected.

(ahem) from Snopes.....

Mar 17, 2020, 8:05 AM

"The excerpt also claims that Obama “declared a public health emergency on what was already a pandemic” in October 2009. But this is also wrong. Obama declared a national emergency, not a public health emergency, in October 2009. The Obama administration declared a public health emergency in April, months before swine flu was declared a pandemic. At the time that the Obama administration declared a public health emergency, only 20 confirmed cases (not over a million) of H1N1 existed in the United States."

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic