Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Major kudos to Prisma Health in Greenville for an
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 4,166

Major kudos to Prisma Health in Greenville for an

Feb 13, 2021, 2:37 PM

extremely well run operation. Had my #1 covid vaccine today in an old kmart store. Hundreds maybe a thousand people there. Probably 150 employees. With an appt i was in and out in 30 minutes including the after shot 15 min wait period.
BTW this Kmart was the first ever kmart built outside of michigan. Had been kept open due to its history.
Hope your shot went well too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Re: Major kudos to Prisma Health in Greenville for an

Feb 13, 2021, 2:54 PM

Is that the store located on Wade Hampton Blvd? Was also one on Mills Ave not far from I85 that was open a long time but don't recall which opened first.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Feb 13, 2021, 3:05 PM

Yeah it’s the one on Mills. Near the hospital too. I could not have been more impressed. A logistician group had to have put it together.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Feb 13, 2021, 3:40 PM

Thanks. Interesting it was the first outside Michigan. Would've guessed the other one but didn't spend much time down that area growing up in the 50s and 60s.
Good to learn your shot went well and hope it's the same with others here.

Message was edited by: BerlinSPY73®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Feb 13, 2021, 4:59 PM

I think prisma closed several of their vaccine sites. I think oconee is still running, but their shipment was delayed last week. I had my second dose through AnMed yesterday at the Anderson civic center. I barely had time to sit down before it was my turn for a shot, course it being my second made it a little quicker. I think I was about 20 minutes from parking to pulling out of my parking spot.

Much better now that they have had a few weeks. My first dose last month took probably an hour total, was very inefficient.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Feb 13, 2021, 5:46 PM

Good thing you didn't go first of week. Line was wrapped around the building with hours wait. Nice that they got it under control. Have a feeling these things are going to be plentiful at retailers and everywhere in a month or two and they will be begging people to come get them.

I knew that was first Kmart in SC but never heard that it was first outside state of Michigan. The first Kmart in Anderson (now Ingles on Main St) goes way back too. I was young but remember it well. That building before it was razed for Ingles had to go back to the 60's as well as the Wade Hampton Kmart.

That operation started off rough.

Feb 13, 2021, 6:51 PM

with people arriving to receive their 2nd dose only to be told they didn't have any available and in turn not getting the 2nd dose in the window time required for the vaccine to be effective. This was less than a week ago. Seems like they're still good on getting people the first dose, though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That operation started off rough.

Feb 13, 2021, 7:20 PM

I’ve already said get your antibodies the natural way. In my house only my wife had the vaccine and had the worst symptoms of all of us. For me my normal Sunday hangover after a football game is way worse.

Sure, let's just tell all of those over 65 to just get covid

Feb 13, 2021, 9:00 PM

and build up your antibodies the natural way. Sure a lot of you will die, but most won't. It's all natural.

I can see your argument when it gets to the question of whether a 17 year old track and field athlete should get the vaccine or not. However right now it's the elderly and those with health conditions that the virus feeds off of that are getting it. Not going with your argument at the present time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sure, let's just tell all of those over 65 to just get covid

Feb 13, 2021, 9:03 PM

Then sit in your home. My point is this virus is no different than any other with the exception symptoms aren’t quite as bad if you maintain decent health. My parents are both 65+ and workout every day. They got the virus with fever and some rest needed for 2 days. Point is dont shut down the world over a headache for people who maintain themselves. Of course if you watch enough CNN you’d believe this is the second coming of the Spanish flu.

Feb 14, 2021, 12:20 AM

I think you need to widen the lense with which you see the world.
I have a friend with asthma, otherwise extremely fit. By your standards he should just man up and risk his life getting the virus?
My dad, an athlete his entire life, has had health complications after a knee replacement surgery years ago. Covid-19 would likely #### him up pretty good, by no fault of his own if he got it.

My wife has seen/treated multiple patients in their 20s & 30s who've died from covid. It certainly picks on older folks more, but us young guns aren't immune.

The antibodies aren't permanent, so we either need a high percentage effectively vaccinated in a short time to choke out the virus, or this ##### never going away.
By the end of this we're going to have more deaths from covid-19 than the spanish flu, just sayin...

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2021, 7:44 AM

I’m saying move on with life and go back to work and live life. I’m tired of hearing all the fear mongering over a political virus. When it first happened it was novel and we didn’t know what it was. We do now, it’s a virus same as any other. No need to shut the world down and print money to hand out when there is a better solution like let people go to work. No need to continue to punish kids who education is significantly worse. Luckily I live in SC and the schools are opened but for half a year it was sad how much my kids regressed in their education so I’m really sorry for the kids who still can’t get taught. This is supposed to be America where you can make your own choices... stay inside or don’t I don’t care. But don’t pretend this virus wasn’t a political weapon and I’m over it. Now having it I realize it’s even more BS to treat it different than the flu.

Feb 14, 2021, 11:13 AM

ME08, I do agree with you in that I have serious concerns about the kids missing out on both educational and socialization aspects of school.

But, I had a co-worker who had exactly your same bad attitude all last year. At some point during her 8 day hospital stay she realized that those of us who were taking this seriously may have actually known what we were talking about.

Feb 14, 2021, 11:33 AM

exactly, a chris christie moment ...

Feb 14, 2021, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Sure, let's just tell all of those over 65 to just get covid ]

you should feel blessed and lucky that you responded well to covid. And the political choices that our government made are up for debate. I was definitley not impressed with the way trump administration handled it. But anytime i see someone saying that covid is not any worse than the flu, then all i can say it that someone is badly misinformed on many levels.

Feb 14, 2021, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Sure, let's just tell all of those over 65 to just get covid ]

Then sit in your home. My point is this virus is no different than any other with the exception symptoms aren’t quite as bad if you maintain decent health. My parents are both 65+ and workout every day. They got the virus with fever and some rest needed for 2 days. Point is dont shut down the world over a headache for people who maintain themselves. Of course if you watch enough CNN you’d believe this is the second coming of the Spanish flu.

Except, you’re wrong. I’m a physician, would love to educate you further on the matter. That said, less than 1 month ago our hospital was so swamped (49% of inpatients had covid) that we were a few ICU admissions away from making some very difficult decisions.

Couple that with the fact that from the data we have seen to this point, native immunity appears to start wearing off my 3 months, and is basically gone by 6 months. So, if you are proposing getting covid every 3 months as a way to protect yourself from getting covid every three months...

Both doses I had a sore arm. Less sore the 2nd dose. Was able to work out, spread mulch, haul logs up to the street for pickup, etc. no question that the right call for older/sicker folks is to get the vaccine.

Hopefully we get the single shot product soon and can start giving it for walk-ins in the offices and pharmacies.

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Feb 15, 2021, 1:49 PM

TigerXJ, thanks for the free medical advice. Not trying to be a wise guy; just curious. If native immunity wears off, how long does vaccine immunity last? If longer than 6 months, why is that? TIA

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

ME08 you might want to do some better research

Feb 14, 2021, 1:49 AM [ in reply to Re: That operation started off rough. ]

before advising people regarding getting the shot in my opinion. There are nurses and doctors on the board here who will be happy to advise you. Either way Go Tigers

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The timing of the second dose is mostly important in terms of

Feb 13, 2021, 9:24 PM [ in reply to That operation started off rough. ]

not getting it before the necessary wait time (e.g., at least 3 weeks after first shot for Pfizer, and at least 4 weeks after the first shot for Moderna). Waiting longer doesn’t seem to be an issue. So if someone can’t get their second shot for 6 or 7 weeks, rather than the 3 or 4 weeks, it’s not a concern. The body will still remember the first exposure and make antibodies appropriately.

With that said, it would still be nice for states and municipalities to organize vaccine shots better so that people aren’t unable to get appointments scheduled.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

But they change what they think they know quite often

Feb 14, 2021, 7:54 AM

When I got my first shot on a Friday I was told that I could schedule my 2nd on or after a day only 16 days after that one. That was sooner than the 3 weeks (plus or minus the 3 days that they were saying initially for the Pfizer shot) but I scheduled mine for exactly 3 weeks to be precise. When I got there for the 2nd on Friday, the guy being processed at the table beside me had to get special approval from the lady in charge to get his because he had come in a couple of days before the full 3 weeks. Don't know what they will tell us next but I am done with it until I am told we need a third shot at whatever interval they determine is required.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But they change what they think they know quite often

Feb 15, 2021, 11:04 AM

Clover, that’s interesting. They gave us our second appointment 17 days after the first. They said as long as you were in a four day window on either side of 21 days, that was fine. Hope that’s right. We got the second they say they scheduled it so hoping we are good.

Re: But they change what they think they know quite often

Feb 15, 2021, 11:06 AM

*we got the second the day they scheduled it...

Feb 15, 2021, 10:07 AM

I didn't realize that Kmart stayed open longer for its historical value. I sort of figured it was kept afloat by families of hospital patients who needed sweatpants and toothbrushes and snack foods when they unexpectedly found themselves camping out in waiting rooms. I hope all those folks found the Family Dollar up the road.

A very easy experience at CVS in Seneca on Saturday, too.

Feb 15, 2021, 12:25 PM

My wife and I scheduled appointments online and got our shots a couple of days later. A lady met us inside, checked us in, and sent us to the back of the store where our vaccines were waiting. We were there less than 20 minutes, 15 0f which was the after-shot waiting period. Our second shots were automatically scheduled when scheduling the first shots.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

You guys let me know how it goes. I'm still in the wait and

Feb 16, 2021, 8:37 AM

see mode on this thing. Artificially altering your DNA is what had me hit the pause button. Maybe in a couple of years i'll look into it but i need to see how this first run goes through people.

Replies: 24
| visibility 4,166
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic