Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sure had high expectations for the Clemson...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Sure had high expectations for the Clemson...

Feb 25, 2021, 8:19 PM

women this year with all the players returning last season and good shooters like Gabby Elliott and Delecia Washington coming into the program but they have really hit rock bottom since starting out the season at 8-1 and since are a dismal 10-11 after tonight's loss to Virginia Tech.Hopefully coach Butler will get it turned around but things sure are not looking very good at all right now after her first season when they went to the NCAA Tournament.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny, I remember several posts last year calling for Coach Butler

Feb 25, 2021, 8:24 PM

to coach the men’s team.

Those posts didn’t age well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Funny, I remember several posts last year calling for Coach Butler

Feb 25, 2021, 8:29 PM

Yea that was mighty funny with a hint of sarcasm drizzled in

Feb 26, 2021, 2:12 AM

This shows how much those comments can really hurt some people’s feelings. The pain is apparently still fresh and raw, for some.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Not as fresh as your pain over Biden winning the election.***

Feb 26, 2021, 2:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Good Lord Judge Keller quit humping Brownell’s leg on ever post. This had nothing to do with him!

Feb 26, 2021, 12:05 AM [ in reply to Funny, I remember several posts last year calling for Coach Butler ]

Do you stalk Brad Brownell for Heaven’s sake?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right, it has to do with Coach Butler

Feb 26, 2021, 2:51 PM

and idiots here using her successful season in her first year here to unfairly criticize our men's basketball program. Those people looked pretty dumb then, and really do now.

Since her first year when she was 20-13 and 9-7 in the ACC, resulting in an NCAA Tournament berth, she is 18-34 overall, and 8-26 in the ACC.

That's 38-47 overall, and 17-33 in the ACC at Clemson. Not good.

Hopefully she will turn things around here. I thought she was a good hire, and definitely an improvement over several of the previous women's coaches. It seems like we've recruited some solid players since she's been here, and it definitely takes time to install a new system with your own players.

Feb 26, 2021, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Funny, I remember several posts last year calling for Coach Butler ]

I’d be careful on the “post didn’t age well” statement.

It’s not like the women’s coach and B.B. do not have similar track records of reaching post season play. And she has a much tougher job than he does.

1 in 3 seasons (Butler)and 2 in 10 (Brownell)seasons as far as NCAA appearances goes

Feb 26, 2021, 12:56 AM [ in reply to Funny, I remember several posts last year calling for Coach Butler ]

Let’s look at BBs accomplishments vs Butler’s. Not even close.

You're right, Brad has been far more successful at Clemson

Feb 26, 2021, 2:52 PM

than Butler has.

But what if we gave her..

Feb 26, 2021, 3:31 AM [ in reply to Funny, I remember several posts last year calling for Coach Butler ]

..11 years?!

Get outta here with that mess, ma'am.

If we give her 11 years, you'll be arguing for her

Feb 26, 2021, 2:52 PM

and against Brownell, regardless of how either of them do here. Why? Because you are determined to do anything to undermine Clemson men's basketball.

Re: Sure had high expectations for the Clemson...

Feb 25, 2021, 8:34 PM

yep have really dropped off. I saw the end of the GT game where thy lost a nine point lead in the last couple of minutes. Hard to believe it is the same team who started so well. Not sure what happened

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2021, 8:45 PM

Alot of things have happened and it's easy to see why they are are 10-11 currently.You name it it has been bad both Offensively as well as Defensively.3 things that I have seen night after night watching the games during this 2-10 record since starting 8-1 is the lack of rebounding on both ends of the court,turnovers galore and getting behind early on(POOR SHOOTING)and having to play catch up because of it

Feb 26, 2021, 12:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Sure had high expectations for the Clemson... ]

One or more "poison pills" on the roster. Had to suspend about 6 of them at one time mid-season and it was not the virus. There is some definite friction on the team and hopefully that gets squeezed out--if not Coach AB may me done at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Players are leaving. They turn the ball over far too much.

Feb 25, 2021, 9:47 PM

One player goes one on one everytime she touches the ball and another player throws up a three point shot everytime she touches the ball. They don't play team basketball.

Well on their way to two losing seasons in three years.

Five outbound transfers in three years. Recruiting is not nearly good enough.

No excuse in being last in the league in free throw percentage.

They average 18 turnovers a game with six Seniors.

Re: Players are leaving. They turn the ball over far too much.

Feb 25, 2021, 11:45 PM

I agree turnovers are killing them. They need to recruit better and play TEAM basketball.

Re: Players are leaving. They turn the ball over far too much.

Feb 25, 2021, 11:45 PM [ in reply to Players are leaving. They turn the ball over far too much. ]

I agree turnovers are killing them. They need to recruit better and play TEAM basketball.

But if she were our men's basketball coach

Feb 26, 2021, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Players are leaving. They turn the ball over far too much. ]

we would rid ourselves of the crappy Brad Brownell. That's all that matters, right?

Feb 26, 2021, 8:23 AM

That 8 win season last year revealed that those upperclassmen really weren't the most talented bunch in the conference already. Not sure why there would have been very high expectations coming into this year. Butler has to continue to bring in more talent like Elliott. I wouldn't give up on her in year 3. Clemson women's basketball has been really low for a LONG time - even lower than the men's program in recent history.

Feb 26, 2021, 9:57 AM

but if you start the season at 8-1 you would think at this point in the season your record would be a whole lot better than 10-11,just saying.I lot of those teams that they played during that 8-1 start were good too and still are good right now.Yea I agree you should give her more than 3 years but there again the last 3 coaches after Jim Davis also had seasons where they too started fast but really fizzled out by the middle to the end.It just seems like it has be curse ever since the way Jim Davis was let go and it has come back to haunt the program.

I agree, she needs more time.

Feb 26, 2021, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Sure had high expectations for the Clemson... ]

I was surprised by her first year success here, especially since we were so bad the year before she arrived. It's not uncommon to see a dip in a coach's second and third year due to recruiting misses by the previous coach as well as the transition to a new coach/philosophy. So last year wasn't surprising. At least this year has been an improvement over last year, both overall and in conference play.

Here's to more improvement next year.

Feb 26, 2021, 10:04 AM

fire butler.

Hold on, wait a minute.............

Feb 26, 2021, 1:13 PM

You're telling me Clemson has a women's basketball team?

Yes but you can't refer to them as the "Lady Tigers"***

Feb 26, 2021, 1:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Well...we did. But now men can join it.

Feb 26, 2021, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Hold on, wait a minute............. ]

We’ll see what happens.

Thanks Biden.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic