Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Clemson allows fans in the stands in any capacity but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

If Clemson allows fans in the stands in any capacity but

Jul 29, 2020, 10:02 AM

completely disallows tailgating for the entire season, would that be a dealbreaker for anyone?

OSU announced yesterday that they're doing this--20% capacity and NO tailgating.

If you just get to drive up an hour before kickoff, sit in a 1/5-filled stadium and leave, would anyone just rather not go at all?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking entirely for myself...

Jul 29, 2020, 10:08 AM

I'd still go the games even if tailgating was not permitted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

My guess is absolutely some people won't go, but...

Jul 29, 2020, 10:10 AM

I think every single week, we will sell out those 16K tickets.

Heck, there's probably 5K students who would be willing, another thousand parents, recruits, and such...

You don't think we can find 10K Clemson fans willing to show up?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you’re saying only 25 people will be allowed in ESSO Club parking lot?

Jul 29, 2020, 10:28 AM

Geez..

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Students would...total enrollment =+/- 20% of capacity

Jul 29, 2020, 10:39 AM

in DV. Make 2020 season students and staff only; no tailgating necessary. Refund season ticket orders or roll them over to 2021.

Message was edited by: dsgriff®

Re: Students would...total enrollment =+/- 20% of capacity

Jul 29, 2020, 10:57 AM

Notre Dame early on said they would give priority to students and school staff.

I could see many schools go that way in order not to have offend a subset of fans (who gets tickets and who does not) as well as avoiding having fans come in from areas outside of Clemson.

Plus with no students and no staff, there is no school

Jul 29, 2020, 11:01 AM

Should be easy to get necessary medical waivers from students and staff, too. Would be a cool memory for my son, who is a senior (and maybe my daughter, who is a grad student). I have been advocating this approach for a couple of months.

Definitely not perfect, but something maybe worth discussing.

Totally on board with this.***

Jul 29, 2020, 6:01 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they wanted to take that approach

Jul 29, 2020, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Students would...total enrollment =+/- 20% of capacity ]

they wouldn’t allow any fans at the games. They are trying to get some revenue from in-person attendance. Students don’t provide any, don’t stay in hotels, etc etc

Then what are you suggesting they would do if allowed 20%

Jul 29, 2020, 1:43 PM

capacity? Ignore the students altogether and get what they can for the limited seats? My son bought a season ticket, too. Are we just letting seats go auction style to the highest bidder now?

Of course Clemson doesn't WANT to forego season ticket revenue for this year, but there are a lot of factors to consider. IPTAY members will likely not be happy regardless of what is done. And players do not want to play in an empty stadium. Just an idea. As I said, without students and staff, there is no school.

The program can still make a chunk off the box and corporate

Jul 29, 2020, 8:19 PM [ in reply to If they wanted to take that approach ]

levels, though on the other hand those areas are prime indoor incubation zones, windows and AC cranked or not, for up to four hours at a time so may be a no go at the start.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Students would...total enrollment =+/- 20% of capacity***

Jul 29, 2020, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Students would...total enrollment =+/- 20% of capacity ]

Re: Students would...total enrollment =+/- 20% of capacity

Jul 29, 2020, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Students would...total enrollment =+/- 20% of capacity ]

Not a bad idea

Re: If Clemson allows fans in the stands in any capacity but

Jul 29, 2020, 10:40 AM

How do they enforce no tailgating? Do they go around snatching beer and sandwiches out of your mouth before you consume them?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Close off parking lots***

Jul 29, 2020, 10:41 AM

Does it matter? Iptay has our money.

Jul 29, 2020, 10:41 AM

If we cancel we lose our seats..

I'd hate it if I can't tail gate but I paid so I'm going

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Does it matter? Iptay has our money.

Jul 29, 2020, 12:08 PM

Well, they sent this in an email a few months ago...
"Refund Policy for Altered Season

- Should the 2020 season be cancelled, you can be refunded the cost of your tickets, or receive a credit for the 2021 season.

- If we play a shortened schedule, you will be refunded a prorated amount for the tickets to cancelled games.

- If the season is altered, IPTAY will reach out in a later communication with options regarding your IPTAY commitment."

They will have and probably already have a plan in place for the people who don't feel comfortable attending games this year. For the people who call and tell them that they are not comfortable attending games this season, I feel pretty confident that they will allow people to opt out of this season, but still keep the rights to their seats for next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sweet.. and you would keep your seats?***

Jul 29, 2020, 5:46 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: sweet.. and you would keep your seats?***

Jul 30, 2020, 11:01 AM

Yea, from what I've been hearing that will likely be an option. Either defer paid money to next year, or receive a refund, and keep your rights to your seats.

It's going to depend what they decide about number of fans, but I'd be surprised if they allow full capacity... in which case, they'll be looking for people willing to give up their seats for this season. If that's the case, I can't imagine they'll punish people for it by making them give up their seat rights for future years.

We should know for sure within about 3 weeks.

Jul 29, 2020, 11:12 AM

NO

I gave it up years ago and don’t regret a thing

Jul 29, 2020, 11:14 AM

Not as great as game day in Clemson. However, home has some serious advantages. AC, my own bathroom, hang with whoever I want, replays, watching recorded to FFWD through half time, food during the game, etc

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did NOT give it up years ago and don’t regret a thing

Jul 29, 2020, 1:37 PM

Best gameday in America! However, at stadium has some serious advantages. Fresh air, not peeing for 4 hours, hanging with over 100K of the GREATEST fans in America, replays on jumbotron, enjoying the halftime show from THE Band that shakes the Southland, tailgating food before & after the game, etc.

Not sure I answered the OPs question, but...

Go Tigers AND Stay Well Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

I would

Jul 29, 2020, 11:26 AM

I was never a huge tailgater anyway. The game is the event for me.

Good Lord, screw tailgaiting***

Jul 29, 2020, 12:03 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2020, 12:13 PM

Tailgating seems safer to me than attending the game in a lot of ways. At least at my tailgate I can control who is there. At the game, I will likely be sitting beside people I don't know very well. I guess they could require masks in the stadium, but about 50% of people don't wear them correctly anyway (and that's not even getting into the argument whether they work or not).

I enjoy tailgating just as much or more than the actual game (which I can also watch at my tailgate), so I'm not sure what I would choose to do if there was no tailgating this year.

If for whatever reason, there's no tailgating but full capacity, I would probably not go to games, as traffic would be absolutely brutal both before and after games.

it's simple....

Jul 29, 2020, 12:13 PM

any football is better than none and putting lives in jeopardy for money is just wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2020, 12:32 PM

If they issue me a ticket and open the gate, I will plow you over running to my seat!

Jul 29, 2020, 12:52 PM

I don’t see how any of these “rules” can be enforced. It will be practically impossible to police regulations regarding tailgating, mask,distancing etc. Will there be officers walking thru the tailgate areas saying no eating, wear your mask, don’t get to close? How about at the game. Will I be forced to leave If I get to close to the person nearest me?

I sure hope we don’t resort to putting cardboard fans in the Valley ... like MLB has done.

Jul 29, 2020, 1:04 PM

Can you imagine what the coot cardboard fans would look like if a true representation of the fan base?

I shudder to think about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's be honest, a significant portion of fans at the games

Jul 29, 2020, 1:08 PM

are there for the tailgating and social aspect, much more than they are football.

With only 15,000-20,000 tickets, we would surely sell out, even without tailgating. But there is no way the stadium would be close to full on a consistent basis if the 80,000 seats were all available but with no tailgating.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Let's be honest, a significant portion of fans at the games

Jul 29, 2020, 1:29 PM

when I was doing some of my traffic studies back during the bowden days, there was at least one tailgater per but in the seat when factoring vehicle loads and traffic counts. Often it would approach 1.75-2.5 tailgaters per seat for BIG games (factoring in pedestrians, randoms). We had to engineer solutions for game traffic that would rival Cootlumbia's rush hour. I can't believe how it would be now...

And if you saw weirdos wearing green asking how you got to campus during the mid-2000s, one was likely me.

IN***

Jul 29, 2020, 5:49 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll eat before the game at home/Restaurant...***

Jul 29, 2020, 6:51 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic