Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Students Denied Auburn Tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 102
| visibility 1

Students Denied Auburn Tickets

Aug 29, 2017, 6:14 PM

Apparently they ran out today in the ticket lottery. It's a sad day at Clemson University when students cannot go to the games. We want "Clemson Loud " and we want high student rankings, value tradition yet the kids just got sold out by the Athletic Director.

It's wrong. And it isn't Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't have many students compared to other

Aug 29, 2017, 6:19 PM

Big football schools. A ticket should be available to every student that wants one (not every student will want one). That's how it should be at Clemson, we are different than the massive schools.

Re: We don't have many students compared to other

Aug 29, 2017, 6:53 PM

The problem with that argument is we didn't run out for Kent State. If this was a regular problem then yes we need to rethink number of tickets available. Since it is not, we need to rethink what makes a student eligible for tickets for big games. Yes we want every student to have the opportunity to attend, but we also need students who want to attend for all games not just the big ones.

null

Amen***

Aug 29, 2017, 8:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know a student who didn't get a ticket for Kent.***

Aug 29, 2017, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Re: We don't have many students compared to other ]

Re: I know a student who didn't get a ticket for Kent.***

Aug 29, 2017, 9:31 PM

Mine could only get one for Kent State .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: I know a student who didn't get a ticket for Kent.***

Aug 30, 2017, 6:55 AM [ in reply to I know a student who didn't get a ticket for Kent.*** ]

I know a senior who pays the extra student fee to get first dibs on the tickets (and has all 4 years) who did not get a ticket for Kent or Auburn. She was online watching the tickets fly away while continuing to get pushed back in the cue. She is really upset about it, as her parents are. She pays out of state tuition and doesn't really want to buy a ticket on stubhub after all her other expenses. This is really unfair.

Paying for something you don't receive. Sounds like fraud

Aug 30, 2017, 7:15 AM

and a lawsuit. I imagine that ALL students pay money toward football tickets, most of which apparently can't receive.

the fact is, the big games are going to be a more attractive

Aug 29, 2017, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: We don't have many students compared to other ]

ticket. That's the same for everyone, not just students. You really think it'll only be students who don't pack Death Valley for the FCS type of games? Of course not. Season ticket holders will take a week off too sometimes.

Clemson's enrollment is not big enough to bar students from going to any game. Plus like I said there are a number of students who do not wish to go to any game at all, so making tickets available for 80-90% of the student base should not be something impossible.

Aug 29, 2017, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: We don't have many students compared to other ]

That's a crock of s hit

Re: Some students didn't get Kent State either!******

Aug 29, 2017, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: We don't have many students compared to other ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Give priority for Auburn to those who buy for Kent St.***

Aug 30, 2017, 6:44 AM [ in reply to Re: We don't have many students compared to other ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, no youre not***

Aug 29, 2017, 8:50 PM [ in reply to We don't have many students compared to other ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

What about

Aug 29, 2017, 10:36 PM [ in reply to We don't have many students compared to other ]

all faculty members?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 29, 2017, 10:53 PM [ in reply to We don't have many students compared to other ]

"Not every student will want one"

Well even the ones who aren't planning to attend will want one just to sell it, unless they've come up with some way to prevent that since I attended.

Aug 29, 2017, 11:38 PM

When I attended, student tix were a specific color and you needed to show student ID to get into the game.

Not everyone can go.

Aug 29, 2017, 6:21 PM

I don't really see your point. Unless they drastically cut back but I don't see them doing that.

There were several games I didn't get a ticket for when I was in school.

Re: Not everyone can go.

Aug 29, 2017, 8:12 PM

if you are not in school any longer, why do you have the FREE R? Have you not let the mods know you are no longer a student? just saying.....

JGT®

Whoops***

Aug 30, 2017, 12:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Students Denied Auburn Tickets

Aug 29, 2017, 6:23 PM

Time to re-assess ticket allotment. Over the years I've read how students fail to show up for the start of games, in some cases leave early and frankly don't take advantage of their opportunity to enjoy Tiger football. Alumni, fans and donors would love extra tickets!

Perhaps Clemson needs to reach out to all parties to arrive at a suitable solution short of adding new seats.

Go Tigers!

Aug 29, 2017, 6:36 PM

You mean like the FANS who leave early or only come To big games and scalp their tickets and parking spots to opposing fans? Hmmmm

Aug 29, 2017, 6:41 PM

I notice this isn't about running out of tickets for the Kent State game...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2017, 6:50 PM

Exactly. The students seem to be okay for Kent State. Guess the super fans can't make that one and space is available.

I would have to believe

Aug 29, 2017, 8:20 PM

There are less students asking for tickets for Kent. I can't prove this, but I can say students have historically been much more guilty of leaving at half and only wanting to show out for this big games than the paying alumni and donors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tuition doesn't cover tix?***

Aug 29, 2017, 9:10 PM

Re: tuition doesn't cover tix?***

Aug 29, 2017, 9:57 PM

Although this doesn't have anything to do with what I said, students are not garunteed tickets. There are not enough allocated seats.
In a perfect world this would be great. It would also be great if all students attended every home game.

This did get me thinking- A cool system might be that if I'm not using my season tickets for some reason, I could donate them to the students and get a small IPTAY bonus for each ticket. Might discourage folks from selling to opposing fans.

Re: tuition doesn't cover tix?***

Aug 30, 2017, 11:29 AM

We Students actually do pay a ticket fee that got added to our tuition. So in a sense, we do pay for tickets.

Re: I would have to believe

Aug 29, 2017, 9:23 PM [ in reply to I would have to believe ]

You are fos

Aug 30, 2017, 7:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Students Denied Auburn Tickets ]

> Exactly. The students seem to be okay for Kent State.
> Guess the super fans can't make that one and space
> is available.

So now that I've done my research- here's the facts.
The university has the same allotment of tickets for EVERY GAME (10,500).
That means more students want to go to AU than Kent... when "super fans"
Choose not to go to a game- they do not give their tickets to students.... they sell them
or give them to friends.

Sooo, as I suspected, the students have the same opportunity for ALL games and more
chose to get tickets for AU than Kent....

Aug 29, 2017, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Students Denied Auburn Tickets ]

I pay a lot of money for my tickets! I can do anything I want with them and leave at any point in the game I wish. I have been going to games since the late 1950's. How long have you been going?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Students Denied Auburn Tickets***

Aug 29, 2017, 7:30 PM

Re: Students Denied Auburn Tickets***

Aug 29, 2017, 7:35 PM

If you have been going since the 50's then you remember the down years when it was mostly students and faculty. You CAN do what you want and go or not go, sell or whatever you choose.

Those stating that students don't deserve seats forget (or weren't affiliated with the University) and want in now. The kids are at least as loyal as the general fans as far as showing up.

they have the least distance to travel

Aug 29, 2017, 10:06 PM

and the easiest tailgating setups.

stumbling to the stadium from the quad isn't that tough compared to loading a ton of stuff and driving from CHS

Aug 29, 2017, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Students Denied Auburn Tickets ]

> I pay a lot of money for my tickets! I can do
> anything I want with them and leave at any point in
> the game I wish. I have been going to games since
> the late 1950's. How long have you been going?

Your long time support is fantastic. My father supported Marshall Football from the early 1950's and continued until his mid 80's (too many night games and his night vision made leaving the stadium quite an ordeal.) He was there, with me, during the dark days before and after the crash, when a first down was cause to celebrate and the crowds were thin.

After 35 years of donations and season tickets, he was bumped about 30 yards closer to the end zone. Many of the old faithful were bumped by new donors. IPTAY has it right, with points rather than current year donation only.

We need to remember without support from long time IPTAY members we wouldn't be where we are.

By the way thanks for your service.

Aug 29, 2017, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Students Denied Auburn Tickets ]

Since the 50s ?I guess you got tickets when you were in school ? Freshmen had to go now they can't. Why not give your tickets to students before you sell them to another teams fan just to make a buck

Money's all that matters. Haven't you heard?

Aug 29, 2017, 6:27 PM

They couldn't get students to pay for their tickets last year.

So they just cut 'em out of the picture.

I know a brother and sister who both didn't "win the lottery" and will be sitting home watching the game.

[Another] sad day in Tiger Town.

Re: Money's all that matters. Haven't you heard?

Aug 29, 2017, 6:35 PM

It's a short sighted approach. In four years, they get jobs and Clemson will expect money in the form of donations. Maybe the AD isn't planning on staying long term?

Yes, but people who only see money can't see anything else.

Aug 29, 2017, 8:48 PM

Even that which is self evident.

May As Well Derail This Early

Aug 29, 2017, 6:30 PM

The Fratty boys getting drunk and blocking seats then not showing up are to blame.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: May As Well Derail This Early

Aug 29, 2017, 6:49 PM

Lol. The "fratty" boys drunk and otherwise turn into IPTAY donors later. The kids not getting in are underclassmen.

Aug 29, 2017, 6:40 PM

This argument would hold a lot more water if the hill was full during games vs. FCS opponents.

Aug 29, 2017, 8:33 PM

How about a point system. Based on who uses their tickets. Scan IDs and log attendance. Those who attend events other than the major sports get points and priority for tickets to major sports.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

That is how USUC does it......***

Aug 29, 2017, 9:06 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Aug 29, 2017, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Students Denied Auburn Tickets ]

Don't we do that already? I would have sworn they were doing that a few years ago when I was a student. Maybe it was just for blocks or something.

That's how they do it

Aug 29, 2017, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Students Denied Auburn Tickets ]

It's a $40 IPTAY membership. The more events you attend, the more points you earn, the higher priority status you receive.

Stub hub?***

Aug 29, 2017, 6:54 PM

Time to enlarge the stadium to 90,000. That would only

Aug 29, 2017, 6:57 PM

be 8,500 more seats. I know its an age when attendance across the country is not not exploding due to comforts of home. However, we can sustain 90,000 and we won't have a problem like this. I agree with you, we need the loud ones in the stadium and the students are the loud ones.

I say we enlarge to 90,816. The last three numbers include an 81 and a 16, the two years we have won national championships.

Student body is getting larger too. We can support 90,000***

Aug 29, 2017, 7:13 PM

We rarely fill up the stadium we have.***

Aug 30, 2017, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Time to enlarge the stadium to 90,000. That would only ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Aug 29, 2017, 7:00 PM

Ahh, the adverse effects of success. Perhaps if we return to mediocrity (cough-gamecocks-cough), then perhaps there would be plenty of empty seats available.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I used to support the students' plight.....

Aug 29, 2017, 7:15 PM

but if the last 4-5 years can't get them to show up for games, nothing ever will. I gave up on them. Every week just about, a large chunk of the upper deck student section is totally barren. I make special effort to look at every game. They can't be bothered to show up for Syracuse or GT, so why listen to them complain about Auburn tickets?

I just don't feel sorry for them anymore.

For the record, I missed ZERO home games as a student. Noon game, Fall Break, didn't matter. You only get to experience it a precious few times.

Re: I used to support the students' plight.....

Aug 29, 2017, 7:55 PM

It is unfortunate that some diehard students won't get in for Auburn, my oldest (a Sr) being one of them. She's been a loyal Central Spirit member for 3 years and due to a ROTC commitment wasn't able to log in within the first hour and the tickets were already gone. To add insult to injury, her photo (painted up for Central Spirit at a game 3 years ago) has been used by the university in marketing materials from a 5ft poster at the Main St Greenville Clemson recruiting office, to last year's recruiting brochure sent all over the world. Not a penny or anything for them using it.

I think it's a good learning lesson. Life isn't fair and sometimes those deserving don't receive the spoils, while those not necessarily so deserving fall bass-ackwards into a great situation. My youngest (a Freshman 8 days into her Clemson experience) got her Auburn ticket no problem. Had my oldest made other arrangements she might have got a ticket.

The oldest is lucky her Mom cannot travel with me from NH that week, so she gets her mom's ticket. Not as much fun for her sitting with her old-man, but I'm sure she'll bail on me and go join her friends during the game.

There are missiles flying all over Asia...These are small problems, my friends. SPOT THE DARN BALL!!!

GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad that your daughter is getting a ticket after all.

Aug 29, 2017, 11:44 PM

Safe travels from NH, you are a true fan!

Re: I used to support the students' plight.....

Aug 30, 2017, 7:36 AM [ in reply to I used to support the students' plight..... ]

100% this

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Seeing green on the hill during a game is unacceptable.***

Aug 30, 2017, 12:23 PM [ in reply to I used to support the students' plight..... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tu from me.. not sure what a valid disagreement is going to look like.***

Aug 29, 2017, 7:23 PM

null

Tu from me.. not sure what a valid disagreement is going to look like.***

Aug 29, 2017, 7:23 PM

null

no worries there will be plenty of room in the student

Aug 29, 2017, 7:24 PM

section by the third quarter

Re: no worries there will be plenty of room in the student

Aug 29, 2017, 9:31 PM

Nope

Aug 29, 2017, 7:39 PM

The combination of a growing student population and increased interest is testing the ticket allotment.

Schools with larger enrollments have been using a lottery for years. Unfortunately for those missing out on the lottery, the demand for tickets has never been greater.

Clemson isn't cutting the allotment of student tickets.

Or, Clemson cuts down on the mandatory athletic fees in tuition

Aug 30, 2017, 12:55 PM

and sells season tickets to students.

Aug 29, 2017, 7:45 PM

I'm confused by all this. What exactly changed. I graduated in May and haven't been able to get full story. Last year student IPTAY members got first dibs on Sunday at 12:00 pm. Yeah i do remember that if you don't get tickets in time on Sunday you would miss out. You then had to try again on the day allotted for your grad class. No not everyone were able to get tickets. Its been that way for years. Even when we had to stand in line. So what changed. Why the outcry this year?

The outcry is from a "fan" with a 65% pulse

Aug 29, 2017, 7:51 PM

aka coot troll

Aug 29, 2017, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Students Denied Auburn Tickets ]

Perhaps because they don't have control over it? When you had to physically camp out for tickets, you had control over getting them - arrive to camp out earlier and you're guaranteed tickets. It was actually a ton of fun.

The big difference this year is that they took away block seating. That leaves a bunch of student organizations (club sports, frats/sororities, etc.) that no longer get a set number of tickets for their members. Those students now have to do the lottery like the other students have had to do, and I guess it's not going well for them. When I was there, I was a member of the water ski team and our underclassmen always appreciated being able to join the block to make sure they got a ticket to each game and could sit with the rest of the team.

Aug 29, 2017, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Students Denied Auburn Tickets ]

It's the same. My oldest didn't get online in time and by the time she went online they were already taken by the student IPTAY members. No surprise for the Auburn game. My youngest, a freshman, got online Sunday and she's in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2017, 8:42 PM

My son is an IPTAY member, not in a block and didn't get tickets today.
Last year, they were short South Carolina tickets and had "internet problems".
There are student "fair weather fans" and non student "fair weather fans" All pay dearly for the experience.

It's wrong.

This isn't the Atlanta Falcons. It's a University where students are required to pay athletic fees. And some came because we were ranked highest in the nation for "students pack the stadium., beat town gown relations, happiest students, career center and intrmurals. Also highly ranked in academics.

It's a VERY special place year round AND on football Saturday's when the kids give up their campus and paid parking spots to thousands of people who show up 8 times a year.

Ask Dabo what he thinks about the student impact on games....

Clemson students do not pay athletic fees

Aug 29, 2017, 8:51 PM

for tickets and the number of free student tickets (10,500) has not changed in years. No, every student does not get a ticket. Most games, it's not an issue.

Students voted against student athletic fees***

Aug 29, 2017, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Students Denied Auburn Tickets ]

Aug 29, 2017, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Students Denied Auburn Tickets ]

Hey a fellow Coastie. You still active or retired?

There's outcry every year***

Aug 30, 2017, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Students Denied Auburn Tickets ]

Aug 29, 2017, 8:05 PM

Sorry but it aint the Clemson Alumni/ Fan / IPTAY Football Team.

It is the Clemson University Football Team. It's the students team, students paying $100,00 for a degree. Sorry but every student that wants a ticket should get one. At todays tuition, asking the students to pay for a ticket is nuts. It should be part of the package.

I know I was a student a long time ago, but section GG was for freshman "overflow' and seniors got good seats. If you can't handle all the students either you stadium isn't big enough, your student population is too big, or your priorities are wrong.

Don't get me wrong, long time IPTAY / season ticket buyers have been the backbone, and it's appreciated. Yet the students come first.

Let's not lower ourselves to the sec.

Best Ticket Situation in the ACC

Aug 29, 2017, 8:15 PM

I may be wrong, but doesn't every other ACC school charge for tickets, yet none have the experience Clemson students get for free. With two students paying out of state tuition the bill isn't going to be $100,000 (as mentioned by another post) it is going to be about $100,000 PER YEAR. When it's all said/done, it makes sense to add $140 for 4-years of IPTAY Collegiate Club which gets them a foot in the stadium, guaranteed for all games other than the really big ones.

Message was edited by: OrangeCoast®

IPTAY Collegiate Club doesn't guarantee anything. It just

Aug 29, 2017, 8:38 PM

provides a shot at the lottery on Sunday against all other IPTAY club members. Still a very tough ticket.

Re: Best Ticket Situation in the ACC

Aug 30, 2017, 12:41 AM [ in reply to Best Ticket Situation in the ACC ]

I would gladly pay for tickets for my son, so long as tuition was the same as UNC's.

Re: Best Ticket Situation in the ACC

Aug 30, 2017, 12:45 AM

Oh, and my son, a Collegiate Iptay Member and week-old Freshman, scored lower deck tickets last Sunday...

Out of state tuition is $33,000 a year

Aug 30, 2017, 7:08 AM [ in reply to Best Ticket Situation in the ACC ]

which is a boat load of money. What happened? My kids had to stay in state at NCSU. Almost 1/4 the cost and slightly higher rated engineering school. There was no way that I could justify the additional cost. Even if they wanted to borrow extra to pay for it, I wouldn't have let them.

Oldest is at Wake in MBA program. Tuition is $38,000 a year. Her employer is paying most of that, but geez, Clemson is right there with them.

Aug 29, 2017, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Students Denied Auburn Tickets ]

Yeah, let's just let nothing but students in. I'm sure that football stadium and all the costs associated with running the program will just pay for itself. Nevermind the fact that the students don't even fill up their sections for most home games.

Aug 29, 2017, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Students Denied Auburn Tickets ]

Pssst...without Alumni there is no football team

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#MCGA!!!***

Aug 29, 2017, 8:29 PM

Aug 29, 2017, 8:35 PM

My daughter who is a senior did not get tickets but my son who is a freshman did... not sure how it works but thankfully she can use one of mine.

Aug 29, 2017, 8:40 PM

In the 80's every student was guaranteed a ticket up to the end of the first quarter. These included all sports (including basketball).

I realize the school was not as large then. But we had crowds larger than 85k numerous times. Why does the stadium hold less now?

and if she got her own, where would your extra go?

Aug 29, 2017, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Students Denied Auburn Tickets ]

face value to an alum?
face value to a student who got shut out?
scalped price to a "fan" who wants in and subsidizes your IPTAY donation?
free to a friend from T-Net?

Add me to the "Every undergrad should get a ticket" crowd.

Aug 29, 2017, 8:38 PM

It's their team. I graduated twenty years ago and was a season ticket holder and IPTAY donor for most of those 20 years, but to me the students have to be the priority. And that's true if they show up late, leave early, only show for big games, etc. I'm not on board with demanding some loyalty demonstration before a student gets a ticket.

Just one alum's opinion.

null

Re: Add me to the "Every undergrad should get a ticket" crowd.

Aug 29, 2017, 8:50 PM

Why limit the number of students. We used to let in every student. I know the school is larger but when did not guaranteeing tickets end? Is there a limit for how many can fit on the hill.

yep.

Aug 29, 2017, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Add me to the "Every undergrad should get a ticket" crowd. ]

this isn't Ohio State or Texas A&M where 50,000 students cant realistically get in. Leave the lotteries and barely any students getting to go to those massive schools.

That's not Clemson, no matter how big the football program is now. The day the football program gets bigger than the students is the day we need to re-evaluate what Clemson is as a university and reshape priorities.

that's why you pledge and let someone get your tix

Aug 29, 2017, 8:50 PM

in the fraternity block.

to hail with all that trying for my own tix mumbo jumbo

Fraternity/Sorority blocks are no longer.

Aug 29, 2017, 11:55 PM

Which is why I expect this complaining to continue all season long.

NEVER DESTROY FUTURE LOYALTY

Aug 29, 2017, 8:56 PM

It was, is, and has to be one of the primary building blocks of Clemson graduates. Of course the students have to show up but never not have a place for those who want to be a part of the Clemson experience. Expand the loudest stadium in creation if you have to but make sure OUR students have a seat!

Go Tigers!!!

exactly

Aug 29, 2017, 9:01 PM

and Clemson is unique having the advantage to do that. Unlike ANY other school thanks to the relatively low enrollment compared to the massive stadium.

We shouldn't get away from this unique feature of being a Clemson student

The Clemson student isn't living up to their end of the deal***

Aug 30, 2017, 12:26 PM

Students put themselves into this by not showing up,

Aug 30, 2017, 7:14 AM [ in reply to NEVER DESTROY FUTURE LOYALTY ]

coming late,leaving early,even protesting the student discounted tickets.If 20,000 students had been showing up for every home game, they would still be made available. Now,after years of empty student section, Clemson is THE hot ticket and students are now wanting theirs.

They don't fill the ones they get.

Aug 30, 2017, 12:25 PM [ in reply to NEVER DESTROY FUTURE LOYALTY ]

Saying that, I think part of the problem is block seating. Ditch that. Let the most passionate (the ones who would show up at 6 am to wait in line for a ticket) the best seats.

Didn't Dabo say he was pushing to finish the horseshoe?

Aug 29, 2017, 9:00 PM

Things have been good and continue to get better in Tiger town. More seats need to be and will be added shortly.

i always loved a good pushing in the horseshoe

Aug 29, 2017, 9:07 PM

nomsayin?

Aug 29, 2017, 9:03 PM

0/10

some info from Greenville News

Aug 29, 2017, 9:20 PM

In 2017, Clemson students are the only students in Division 1 athletics to have access to completely free tickets to football games, according to Joe Galbraith, associate athletic director for Clemson University. Galbraith said 10,500 student tickets are made available in lower deck seats, on the hill and in top deck seats. That's about 13 percent of the 80,000 seat stadium. Those tickets are available based on class status. Seniors take precedence over underclassmen. IPTAY Collegiate Club members also have a better shot at tickets since they have access to an earlier online ticket window ahead of each game.

There are more than 23,000 students enrolled at Clemson University, so 10,500 student tickets means more than 12,000 students will not have free tickets to any given game.

When it comes to the removal of block seating, Galbraith said, "The athletic department, ticket office and ITPAY staff does not set the rules for student ticketing. We are the provider and facilitator of the ticket distribution, but those policies are set by the Student Government to maximize the student ticket allotment. Student Government informed the athletic department and ticket office they wanted to do away with block seating this year, and we are fulfilling the request of the students."

As for whether the ticket process has become a lottery, Galbraith said that 3,500 of the 10,500 student tickets are reserved for IPTAY members. IPTAY members who do not receive a ticket through the collegiate club are still eligible to receive tickets during their regular class ticket window as well.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2017/08/29/clemson-students-football-tickets/611289001/

Aug 29, 2017, 10:02 PM

I was student from 1984 to 1988 (good old Danny Ford years). During my freshman and sophomore years, I sat in the upper deck student section. My junior and senior years I sat in the lower deck student section. We had about a 15,000 student body at the time and each game week there was a designated day for students to get their football ticket (i.e. Seniors on Monday, Juniors on Tuesday, Sophomores on Wednesday, Freshman on Thursday). All you needed was your student activity card and the person issuing tickets would "punch" the appropriate number on the card and give you a ticket. There was never a time in my 4 years at Clemson that I was not able to get a football ticket nor do I know of any student that was denied a ticket who wanted to go to a football game. I'm saddened to hear that this is no longer the case for students regardless if we are playing Kent State or Auburn...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2017, 10:44 PM

I was a student 98-02. Tickets were never a problem, mainly bc one of my roommates parents gave us their tickets on the 50 yard line while they sat in the presidents box. We had it made.

Some games were harder than others for some of my friends to get tickets. I never thought the block seating was fair. Why did fraternities and sororities end up with better seats and more tickets than the GDI's?

I'm glad they got rid of block seating and put everyone on an equal footing. Just my 2 cents.

Years ago

Aug 29, 2017, 10:47 PM

students were allowed discounted date tickets as well.

There was a plan floated a few years back for students to buy heavily discounted tickets.

It did not fly.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Raffles for big games isn't something new

Aug 30, 2017, 1:04 AM

I won my upper deck tickets to the 2005 Miami game as a freshman in the lottery. Several basketball games were lottery (Duke in 2007 or 2008 was lottery I remember, as I didn't get a ticket). It's been happening at least since 2005 for the really big games in football and basketball, though it wouldn't surprise me if the basketball was no longer the case.

I was a Fr in the late 80's, if you were a Fr and didn't get

Aug 30, 2017, 9:07 AM

block or weren't in line early enough, you didn't get ticket for some games. A lot of this is more whining entitlement non-sense if you ask me. There have not been enough tickets for the entire student body for decades and the supply is fixed but enrollment keeps going up. I do think they need to revisit the priority system as it appears something is not going quite right with that. Also, I understand using tech instead of the lines but you have to make it more flexible or done at a time when people won't have conflicts with school required classes/events. Seniority and school spirit rewards(attending other athletic events) should get priority. The $40 IPTAY fee is kind of dumb-- not a lot of $ there. Just up the entire activity fee by $15 for all and cover that cost-- it doesn't pay for the value of the seat anyway. Also, they could guarantee each Fr -Jr 1 big game if they wanted to --- Auburn or FSU. Srs have ability to get both. If there are more left, then use Jr priority and down the line.

on down years, this is really not a problem-- the problem is we are at a high point of Tiger football- even the kids who normally wouldn't go want to go now and be a part or they know they can use their seniority to get a ticket and sell it

Aug 30, 2017, 11:56 AM

My daughter is a senior and in IPTAY.

She didn't get a ticket in the IPTAY lottery and tried again at the senior time slot. She waited in the queue and when it was her turn, the screen just turned to jibberish. By the time she got back logged in of course all the tickets were gone.

And the same basic thing happened to her boyfriend (but he got a different error msg - it said something about the server could not be found).

That's messed up that seniors in IPTAY can't get tickets.

Bernie would have solved all of this. SMH***

Aug 30, 2017, 12:54 PM

Replies: 102
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic