Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ESPN report: Deshaun Watson may have played last snap with Texans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

TNET: ESPN report: Deshaun Watson may have played last snap with Texans

Jan 17, 2021, 5:31 PM

ESPN report: Deshaun Watson may have played last snap with Texans

Things appear to be escalating between the Houston Texans and Deshaun Watson according to a multi-sourced report from ESPN Sunday. Watson's issues with the orga Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't blame him...

Jan 17, 2021, 5:55 PM

Loyalty is important...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Strange

Jan 17, 2021, 6:35 PM

So the players now get to determine who the General Managers should be? I can't see any team swallowing the balance of his 156 million dollar salary. Does this mean the team that gets him can expect him to cover his head with a towel during any pregame activities? Be interesting to see how this plays out. Sure he's endearing himself to all the Texas fans that pay his salary. Geez

Re: Strange

Jan 17, 2021, 6:40 PM

My grand dad used to say that if a man will lie, he'll cheat and if he cheats, he'll steal so don't trust him. This organization told him one thing and did another so he doesn't trust them. That's not very hard to understand. They are not an organization that operates with integrity so I would want out as well as to not waste my entire career in a toxic wasteland

No sense responding to Whisper.

Jan 17, 2021, 6:45 PM

Whisper is the lowest of the low, even by coot “standards.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: No sense responding to Whisper.

Jan 17, 2021, 7:48 PM

Whisper is the lowest of the low, even by coot “standards.”

Not Really. Attended nearly every game for 45 consecutive years and dozens more after work took me out of state. CU grad in 85. Raised in the shadow of the goal post and both parents are buried on boot hill (that's what the locals call the cemetery next to the stadium). In my world, when I sign a contract for 156 million I would feel an obligation to weather the storm of changes and attempt to follow the instructions of my employer. Yes, if it became intolerable then move on but at this point a coach hasn't even been selected. Like my employer told me, "your either part of the problem or part of the solution". I'm sure DW will land on his feet, but being a lightening rod for controversy while 20% of the country is trying to make the rent seems a bit insensitive when your making 40 million per year.

He'll still make 156 mill, just get it from another team.

Jan 17, 2021, 9:12 PM

If you can't trust your employer you should find another one. That's what he's doing.

Re: He'll still make 156 mill, just get it from another team.

Jan 17, 2021, 10:27 PM

Exactly and I'm not sure why Whisper can't understand that. My sanity is more important than money

If you really went to CU, post your real name. Prove it.

Jan 18, 2021, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: No sense responding to Whisper. ]

nm

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: If you really went to CU, post your real name. Prove it.

Jan 20, 2021, 11:42 AM

He entered his name on his profile

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately

Jan 18, 2021, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: No sense responding to Whisper. ]

we see only what the media wants to see. I cannot think of a more principled and dedicated player than DW. If he's leaving, he has very good reason. Wouldn't be surprised if Dabo hasn't received a call or two from him. The NFL is it's on microcosm-just like the NBA and MBL. The number$ seem mind boggling.Anyone in those worlds who does anything right now about money get's a bullseye painted on them. However, this isn't about money. It's about playing a sport where you feel like most people are on the same page. DW didn't ask for more money. He wouldn't complain about his lack of inclusion in the GM search had it not been said to him by somebody that he would be allowed to have some input. A GM is just like another level of coach in the business world. At Clemson, players basically picked 3 coaches. 2 of them won National Championships. The third was a great guy but just wasn't ready for the position but after horrible records-people still hated that he had to leave. Houston acted like they had a psychotic breakdown when they dumped Nuk-and for what, a RB without an OL, no secondary. Look at JJ Watts-he doesn't complain publicly-but he's their star on defense. They dumped Clowney(u can argue that one)who at least demanded a double team from time to time. So...maybe DW knows a lot more than we do. Based on his history of integrity, I'll side with him anytime.

I, too, was raised in the shadow of the goal posts(when they had 2 supports) Graduated in 84. Remember no decks, Charlie Waters, Ray Yauger and Buddy Gore-3 yds in a cloud of dust and punt. RB left, RB right, RB middle and then punt.(Not a slam on FH) Remember the 1980 team going 6-5 but you knew they were going to be REALLY good and in 81-they were pretty good.

Anyway-I appreciate your heritage. We disagree-so what? We're still Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2021, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Strange ]

I just hope the Dolphins will get DW4 to Miami ASAP.

Jan 18, 2021, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Strange ]

We have to understand one thing - a lot of what is reported is 2nd hand. We have not seen direct quote from DW4. Most of all I suspect he sees a long rebuild in Houston, wants to go where he can win, and some of the other issues rumored are used perhaps as distractions.

Making around $40 million/year is great, but endorsements can bring in a few more millions. He should be aware to maintain a positive image and control the messaging. Nick Saban can claim publicly "I intend to be in my present job" while actively looking and finalizing contracts elsewhere - DW4 doesn't seem to be that type and you get to see more of what he may be going thru.

Re: Don't blame him...

Jan 17, 2021, 7:02 PM [ in reply to Don't blame him... ]

Why in the world did he take the money if he's not happy...jezzz I'm tired of the woke ########

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There was tension before the season started, but...

Jan 17, 2021, 8:39 PM

obviously they went into a sinkhole after the season started. With recent actions, Cal McNair has to Deshaun and us local Texans fans that he is a sorry successor to his father, Bob NcNair.

Like many Texans fans, I want Deshaun traded so his new team can become my new team. The Texans will be dead to me the minute he leaves.

Cal McNair is a joke of an owner. I won't bore you with a list of things that have happened since his father died.

Much has changed since he signed that extension***

Jan 17, 2021, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't blame him... ]

Re: Don't blame him...

Jan 17, 2021, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't blame him... ]

I'm sure you are tired of the woke####### smh

of all things to want a trade over

Jan 17, 2021, 6:22 PM

"perceived organizational insensitivity to social justice issues "

wasnt on my bingo card

Re: of all things to want a trade over

Jan 17, 2021, 6:37 PM

Sounds like that racism excuse Fields used to play immediately.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2021, 7:07 PM

I thought they were cousins

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2021, 6:50 PM [ in reply to of all things to want a trade over ]

Being insensitive to “social justice issues” just means you’re refusing to go along with the current politically approved racism.

Achieving Dr. King’s dream of a color-blind society is absolutely the last thing the race-baiting grifters want. Right now, the color of your skin is the only thing that matters.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: TNET: ESPN report: Deshaun Watson may have played last snap with Texans

Jan 17, 2021, 8:40 PM

South Beach bound...????????

I mean are a total rebuild at this point.

Jan 18, 2021, 8:44 AM

They'll need about 3 to 4 draft classes to get back to par. Watt is about done and then...who ya got on that defense. (Other than Carlos Watkins of course). They have one good linebacker adn then the entire def backfield is suspect. Its a bad team. WR's are all re-treads and about 5'6"....not counting Fuller who's also about to leave b/c they didn't re-up his contract.I mean, it'll be Deshaun and nobody. DAvid Johnson has about a year or two left in that body. He plays about half a season on the reg now..

GET OUT while you still have your legs Deshaun! Will this new staff be better?? Maybe. But the team won't rebound for some years bc of the mismanagement of the last 5 years. They had a really good team when he got there but ever since then they'll slow dripped that thing into oblivion.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic