Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stats you don't hear
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Stats you don't hear

Apr 10, 2020, 9:30 PM

A local talk show morning host in the Pee Dee gives these stats. I've not fact checked them but if true : One tenth of 1% in U.S. have the Virus. Of that one-tenth of 1% 32% have no symptoms at all. 60% have mild flu-like symptoms. Only 8% are seriously ill and they are ill of other issues as well. So that means we have shut down everything for 8% of 1% of the population. It is something to consider. Granted though most who actually have the virus don't know they have it so the number is low overall but you see the math here. Of course if you or a family member is part of that 8% of 1% it is very real.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stats you don't hear

Apr 10, 2020, 9:38 PM

if we hadn't shut things down, wonder what the percentage would be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2020, 9:40 PM

A valid point as well. I understand the other argument too.

Apr 10, 2020, 9:46 PM

I also know that we have fought 2 wars in the Middle east on the pretense of liberating people when the main point was keeping the oil supply open thus not hurting ours or the world's economy. These wars cost young lives but we were forced to balance cost vs.economics and our way of life. At least this time the debate is more transparent.

I don't think you "know" what you "know"...***

Apr 10, 2020, 9:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2020, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Stats you don't hear ]

There are always two sides and the one who can argue the best is usually the winner. Selling the argument whether they are right or wrong. I taking the side of caution on this one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2020, 9:54 PM

To be honest I'm really not taking a side here. Just thought I would throw out some figures that you really don't hear from really any media outlets including Fox. There needs to be an honest debate without being rude and disrespectful of another opinion.

Apr 10, 2020, 10:07 PM

I know you're not and just sharing facts on something you heard. No harm done on my end.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

Apr 10, 2020, 11:28 PM

Key word in this post, "I have not fact checked". so posting is taking a side.

So maybe no proof but to look at that side of the coin:

Apr 10, 2020, 11:42 PM

330M Americans
Roughly 505K positive tests, that’s 0.16% of the population
Roughly 18K deaths, that’s 0.0051%
Obviously there are a lot of people that are positive that haven’t been tested and many who will be positive and many more will die. But if you look at point of original post and not nitpick it the main idea holds.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So maybe no proof but to look at that side of the coin:

Apr 11, 2020, 6:50 PM

Those stats may not be accurate though. That's why we really can't fact check it. They could be though. Who knows?

Re: So maybe no proof but to look at that side of the coin:

Apr 12, 2020, 9:08 AM [ in reply to So maybe no proof but to look at that side of the coin: ]

It would be much higher if restaurants and sporting events were open. Ofcourse it would still not he a very high percent of death but if 1-2% of our population would have died from this it would be worth shutting it down to keep it as low as it is right now. Only when somebody you are very close to dies from this will most people believe we are doing the right thing as a Government. I wish my wife could work right now and my hours were not cut but if it keeps our parents and grandparents alive it is worth it imo. I just don't think Trump and our Govs would have shut this country down for no reason.

Apr 11, 2020, 4:21 AM

2000 people dying a day in the USA, I think we need to stop bringing up the percentages.

Apr 11, 2020, 4:25 AM

Do you know how many die in this country every day from something other than coronavirus? Day in and day out, year after year and nary a peep?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 11, 2020, 6:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Stats you don't hear ]

Your "blue-ish-ness" is showing.

Apr 11, 2020, 6:48 AM

Now that was a dumb comment.

Apr 11, 2020, 10:47 AM

As I recall, his majesty was bragging about test 2+ million people yesterday. Considering there are 367 million of us out there, that really didn't impress me.

Apr 12, 2020, 1:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Stats you don't hear ]

Couldn't be a worse way to express yourself. .dumb comment.

Apr 11, 2020, 6:45 PM

That sounds reasonable. I think the wife had it in January headache, and fever w chills at time and coughing with a lot of naps. We tested symptoms. I caught it from her. Mild headache go a few hours and some coughing and burning eyes. Hers lasted totally about a month. Mine several weeks. Never saw a Dr. about it. She was a lot worse off than I was, but we got well. We pretty much stayed home while SICK. FWIW.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic