Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stats for our resident P&R racists regarding crime
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Stats for our resident P&R racists regarding crime

Oct 9, 2020, 2:50 PM

Since I see P&R's worst poster started a, "Look, black person doing a violent crime thingy!" post, and then T3, predictably, doubling down on it.

Of course, bad data was also predictably thrown in.

So let's go to the source. The FBI, who compiles these stats every year nationwide.

Percentages of whites vs. blacks ARRESTS (and this word is key) in 2019:

Homicide: Whites 45.8 percent, blacks 51.2 percent
Rape: Whites 69.8 percent, blacks 26.7 percent
Robbery: Whites 61.8, blacks 33.2
Burglary: Whites 68.2, blacks 28.8
Arson: Whites 70.8, blacks 24.7
Violent crime: Whites 59.1, blacks 36.4

Now, what do all these numbers mean? Not much when you're getting silly about race. Because we can look at the per capita numbers, and yes, blacks will be higher than whites. But of the percentage of actual white people getting arrested AND actual black people getting arrested, the numbers are very small.

That means most people, regardless of race, aren't getting arrested for violent crimes. For example, of the homicide numbers, only .0075 percent of the entire U.S. black population was arrested (again, the key word) for homicide.

There have been a few people on this board who are eager to holler about a black person committing a violent crime. That's an absurd thing to focus on. I can post a link of a white person committing a violent crime, and it means nothing. We've proven nothing.

But if you want to argue about higher rates of arrests among blacks, then let's ask the question why. Why does it exist? I've got theories and data, but it's probably going to go down rabbit holes smokepurple69 and T3 don't want to go down.

Aside from the arrest numbers and policing, exploring issues of drugs, poverty, and other socioeconomic issues have to be brought into play. It's more complicated than "black people commit more crimes!", and the "they need to get their house in order" statement doesn't hold water, either.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2019/crime-in-the-u.s.-2019/tables/table-43

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

so this proves T3 is racist?

Oct 9, 2020, 2:57 PM

I don't know the smokepurpletiger guy, but I do know T3. I don't think he is racist.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so this proves T3 is racist?

Oct 9, 2020, 3:09 PM

If he's going to fall back into the "black people commit more crimes!" argument without exploring decades worth of issues and systemic problems that might have led us down that path, along with butt-tapping a post that was made to just say, "Look! Bad black man!", well, yep, there's a problem there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

statistics on face value

Oct 9, 2020, 3:27 PM

with 76.3% white and 13.4% black in the United States seem out of balance.

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/IPE120219

But I do not disagree, that the issue is much, much more complicated that simply being the color of someone's skin.

Again, as I stated before about the thread that I assume is being talked about:

OP's subject line "Woman nearly beat to death in mall" and title of the linked article: "Man beats girl unconscious in Coastland food court after she denies his flirtatious advances" has no racial descriptives.

The article has no racial descriptives. If I was truly racist, I would assume "Bruce Gordon" was a white guy.

I would have either had to watch the video or read the fourth response in the thread to know it was about race.

Everyone has the right to assume OP's motivation. And, I guess people can assume T3's motivation.

I just saw the story and thought how terrible people are toward one another...and then the thread, IMO, turned into exactly what is wrong with our country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: statistics on face value

Oct 9, 2020, 3:30 PM

I'll admit I was probably too hasty to judge T3's motivation (although he's sure given me a lot of cause in the past), but there is no question the OP in that thread had racial motivations. He made it clear later in the thread.

Cata calling people racist. Thats so unusual***

Oct 9, 2020, 3:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing you just said

Oct 9, 2020, 2:58 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nothing you just said

Oct 9, 2020, 3:06 PM

We aren't only talking about homicide, and the thread you so eagerly jumped in to defend this board's most pathetic poster wasn't even about homicide to begin with.

But you and he argued that they commit 40-50 percent of violent crime. No, that's not true based on the data I presented. They commit 36 percent, at least in 2019.

Arrest rates must be addressed along with other issues. But by all means, tell me why you think these numbers are the way they are. Or why you and others gleefully single out one instance of a black man committing a crime.

Oct 9, 2020, 3:16 PM

Oct 9, 2020, 3:28 PM

I have no idea about other issues, but I do know that issues do not cause or excuse crime. There are plenty of poor people of all races who do not commit crime.

True, just like there are plenty of blacks who don't commit crimes. The overwhelming majority of them don't.

But you would agree that violent crime is overwhelmingly perpetrated by people in poverty, no? Or, at least, the overwhelming number of arrests and convictions, right?

Twenty-three percent of all blacks in America live in poverty. About 25 percent of blacks are arrested for violent crime.

Obviously some of a race do not speak for all of a race. There is glorification by some though of violence. Look at the dude that was shot dead by cops in DC. Nothing but videos of him waving guns around and talking about cops. It’s in a lot of the music too. Why don’t people speak out about that?

Anecdotal evidence, and there has been no evidence that music leads to violent crime. White people consume violent rap more than blacks do (I assume you meant rap but correct me if I'm wrong).

Just ignore the post if you don’t like it. If it’s over the top then RA it. Simple.

I debate posts I wish to debate. My RAs have been very, very minimal, although this smokepurple idiot earned one last week.

I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your intentions. It appeared you were rushing to defend. However, you're wrong to dismiss these other issues at play.

Oct 9, 2020, 3:34 PM

I do not know you.

Oct 9, 2020, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Nothing you just said ]

I therefore do not know whether you are a racist or not.

What I can say is that you are not a racist for believing that before a solution to a problem can be proposed, the problem has to be actually identified, and that the more empirical data one examines the more objective both the identification and solution will be. Whether you are open to all data, and to wherever all data will direct, I do not know, but I do know that you should reject a charge of racism because you lead with information.

The racist leads with emotion, and with a predetermined blame and course of action, coming from a certainty of his superiority. Let others do that. Some here do, and some of them will accuse people who disagree with them of being racist. It has happened to me. Don't let it get to you. Use such a charge to re-examine your own heart and state of mind, but don't abandon the dedication to first identify the problem, and to courageously state what you believe you see. Don't defend any starting point, but defend what you think you see.

Re: I do not know you.

Oct 10, 2020, 2:14 AM

I'll consider this open season and a nullification of our agreement.

I didn't reply to you, wasn't speaking to you.

Oct 10, 2020, 4:01 AM

The request to not address anyone in any thread you created was yours, not mine. All I proposed was to not address each other. Your decisions are your own. Fine.

I'll never address you on this board, no matter what you do. You do what you want.

Your numbers for robbery don't match the FBI data

Oct 9, 2020, 3:00 PM

found here:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2019/crime-in-the-u.s.-2019/topic-pages/tables/table-43

which says 44.7% of arrestees were white and 52.7% were black. Just FYI

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're correct; I mistyped the wrong line.***

Oct 9, 2020, 3:02 PM

Re: You're correct; I mistyped the wrong line.***

Oct 9, 2020, 9:53 PM

You miss on a lot.

Re: You're correct; I mistyped the wrong line.***

Oct 10, 2020, 7:37 AM

Lol

Cata, you sound like a statistics nerd

Oct 9, 2020, 3:05 PM

that has no COMMON SENSE....

I am a proud statistics nerd

Oct 9, 2020, 3:06 PM

The ones lacking common sense here are the ones who throw around sloppy numbers and arguments.

Re: I am a proud statistics nerd

Oct 9, 2020, 3:11 PM

It's so incredibly uncomfortable watching people try to justify their racism and prejudices.

Oct 9, 2020, 3:14 PM

I've had conversations like this with similar people in person, and the sad part is, they really earnestly argue they don't have any racial hang ups or issues. Then they'll go right back to hammering on their prejudices.

And I think that's the real issue. They don't believe or realize they have prejudice. And pointing it out makes them angry or defensive. It's hard to fix this in our society. We can dismiss the openly racist skinhead who knows what he is. It's the average Joe who harbors the prejudice but refuses to acknowledge it.

Oct 9, 2020, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: I am a proud statistics nerd ]

Oct 9, 2020, 3:31 PM

OMg not enOugH Innernet points!!!!

WILL A GROWN ADULT PLEASE HIT A LITTLE THUMBS UP BUTTON FOR ME?!$%

This guy says I need 'pulse points'!

Oops wrong button

Oct 9, 2020, 3:41 PM

Re: Oops wrong button

Oct 9, 2020, 3:44 PM

Check the IPs kiddo, I'm the one and only.

Does your significant other know how proud you are of your tigernet points? Do they know your pulse is 100%!!!!

WOOOOW!!!!!

Very impressive! Make sure you mention how you owned all the libs online today and that you have the pulse points to back that up!

Oct 9, 2020, 3:49 PM

Oct 9, 2020, 3:49 PM

Check whatever you need to, princess

Re: Stats for our resident P&R racists regarding crime

Oct 9, 2020, 3:18 PM

No rocket science is needed to determine there is a problem when 51.2% of homicide arrests are committed by about 14% of the population. Keep trying.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think if we can get the guns out of the hands...

Oct 9, 2020, 3:29 PM

of responsible gun owners.

Re: I think if we can get the guns out of the hands...

Oct 9, 2020, 9:55 PM

that is the first thing we need to do and give them to all the felons across America.

I love it that we have the racists labeled

Oct 9, 2020, 3:22 PM

in the general boreds

can I get a list? also get me a list of the molesters while you are at it

tanks

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: I love it that we have the racists labeled

Oct 9, 2020, 3:32 PM

also get me a list of the molesters while you are at it

Bruh, this isn't Fighting Gamecocks Forum.

Put me on the list. Been labeled a racist.

Oct 9, 2020, 5:24 PM [ in reply to I love it that we have the racists labeled ]

If you're not, you're not trying.

I've only labeled two, olemike and smokewhatever

Oct 9, 2020, 7:27 PM

, the POS who from earlier today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2020, 3:25 PM

This is a GREAT EXAMPLE of why the left is crazy stupid.

The Catahoula quotes a bunch of stats that are all 100% diametrically opposed to the point he is trying to make.

If there were an intelligence litmus test to vote, you would not make it.

Oct 9, 2020, 3:57 PM

Going from the numbers Catahoula referenced at FBI site...

Take homicides (total number of arrests):
whites, 3650
blacks, 4078

Per capita that makes:
whites, .0016%
blacks, .0090%

Compare the rate
black-to-white: 0.009/0.0016 = 5.78

Conclusion: blacks are arrested for homicide at a rate almost 6x that of whites

Now how will you try to spin this?

If you repeat the calcs for other categories, you will get similar results. Robbery is higher (6.1x), but rape (2.0x) and arson (1.8x) are lower multiples.

I am very glad that you are using good data to draw your conclusions. So now you see what facts mean.

Oct 9, 2020, 6:01 PM

Since I came to the P&R bored, the Lefties continue to skew the data to fit their agenda, like no one is smart enough to figure it out. It's not hard to get the whole truth. I need to find that turnip truck and get back on it. ??

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's just saying that earlier today those stats

Oct 9, 2020, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Stats for our resident P&R racists regarding crime ]

were exaggerated and much higher than they actually are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2020, 3:38 PM

In the United States, men are much more likely to be incarcerated than women. More than 9 times as many men (5,037,000) as women (581,000) had ever at one time been incarcerated in a State or Federal prison at year end 2001. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, males experienced higher victimization rates than females for all types of violent crime except rape or other sexual assault.

In 2014, more than 73% of those arrested in the US were males. Men accounted for 80.4 percent of persons arrested for violent crime and 62.9 percent of those arrested for property crime. In 2011, the United States Department of Justice compiled homicide statistics in the United States between 1980 and 2008. That study showed the following:

Males were convicted of the vast majority of homicides in the United States, representing 89.5% of the total number of offenders.
Young adult black males had the highest homicide conviction rate compared to offenders in other racial and sex categories.
White females of all ages had the lowest conviction rates of any racial or age groups.
Of children under age 5 killed by a parent, the rate for biological father conviction was slightly higher than for biological mothers.
However, of children under 5 killed by someone other than their parent, 80% of the people that were convicted were males.
Victimization rates for both males and females have been relatively stable since 2000.
Males were more likely to be murder victims (76.8%).
Females were most likely to be victims of domestic homicides (63.7%) and sex-related homicides (81.7%)
Males were most likely to be victims of drug-related (90.5%) and gang-related homicides (94.6%).

2011 arrest data from the FBI:

Males constituted 98.9% of those arrested for forcible rape
Males constituted 87.9% of those arrested for robbery
Males constituted 85.0% of those arrested for burglary
Males constituted 83.0% of those arrested for arson.
Males constituted 81.7% of those arrested for vandalism.
Males constituted 81.5% of those arrested for motor-vehicle theft.
Males constituted 79.7% of those arrested for offenses against family and children.
Males constituted 77.8% of those arrested for aggravated assault.
Males constituted 58.7% of those arrested for fraud.
Males constituted 57.3% of those arrested for larceny-theft.
Males constituted 51.3% of those arrested for embezzlement.

OMG Men are so scary and dangerous! Men really have a problem in this country, can you believe it!??!

49.2% of the people commit 80.4% of all violent crimes!!! THAT IS CRAZY!!!! WE SHOULD NOT LET MEN IN OUR NEIGHBORHOODS!!!! MEN WILL RUIN THE SUBURBS!!

I'm willing to concede the point vis-a-vis crime stats if

Oct 9, 2020, 3:55 PM

the racists would just come out and say what they're proposing. The statistics are only relevant if someone's proposing a solution to a problem.

I think T3T's point was that he doesn't care if cops murder unarmed black people because black people commit more violent crimes than white people. That still doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but at least you can begin to have a discussion about it.

Re: I'm willing to concede the point vis-a-vis crime stats if

Oct 9, 2020, 4:01 PM

Your solution to crime is for people to not commit crimes?

Oct 9, 2020, 4:33 PM

Seems a little overly simplistic, but you're doing a good job of illustrating my point by coming out and saying what your opinion is instead of posting a news story or a statistic and running away like that candyass smokepurpleliveorange69.

Re: Your solution to crime is for people to not commit crimes?

Oct 10, 2020, 8:57 AM

Murcielago

I'll tell you what the solution is to the black culture of crime...fix the culture and the no. 1 step to that is to accept responsibility to fix it because no white person or white system can fix this without the blacks understanding the problem.

A thought experiment. Say all 150M conservatives all of a sudden got woke, along with the 150M libs, and everyone agreed on 100% of all matters with respect to race. And, every statue, photo, paper referencing anyone who owned slaves or said anything racist was wiped off the face of the earth. No flags, no KKK, no nooses, etc.

What happens next? Well, the crime, poverty, and black culture remain regardless of the rest of the stuff happening in the woke community. Black people will still be hurting. They are largely dependent and do not have skills needed to break out of the cycle of the culture.

The fix starts with educating youth and eliminating the thug culture at the elementary school level. It has to go. It cannot be "cool" to not care about school. It has to be cool to be first in the class. This is not an easy task to pull off - will take uber amounts of coordination and commitment from public and private sectors.

This same idea has to go into middle school and high school.

Not-for-profits should only qualify for tax breaks if they include some amount of self-help in their charitable programs. Teach them to fish, do not give them fish. We can give them fish for emergencies, but it cannot be continued for generations. Education is the priority. We need tutors sitting with black kids instead of white people feeling good about themselves giving money and backpacks. Material items help, but they should not be the focus.

There needs to be a massive and long-term PSA on kids education touting the same ideology. I mean massive and long. A five or ten year plan hitting all media modes. Pervasive and persistent.

The economy has to work hand-in-hand to pull blacks out of the current culture and dependency mode. Jobs have to be available (locally too) and blacks have to understand what at starting wage is and how that wage can turn into a living wage as you keep showing up and doing good things. Thus, starting and running businesses has to be easier - less bureaucracy, less taxes, less of a barrier to entry for blacks.

If the USA had a plan like this and executed it for a few years, this system will eventually feed itself and the taxpayer investments can be reduced and eliminated, say, in 15-20 years.

What will happen? Democrats will continue to claim racism to get votes to stay in office. They will continue the real systemic racism by making it too easy for blacks to get on the gov't dole and stay there. The losers - the black community & conservatives who continue to be attacked as the bad guys. The winners - democrats who keep their cushy public jobs.

Re: I'm willing to concede the point vis-a-vis crime stats if

Oct 9, 2020, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm willing to concede the point vis-a-vis crime stats if ]

First don't do the crime, second don't resist arrest, third obey police commands. Do these three things we have not problem. A man passed out in a Wendy's drive through should go to jail. I don't want him on the road but maybe some of you do. If he resist arrest, steal a taser and fires it @ police they should use deadly force. One police officer was already knocked out and if the second is tased the drunk drive has free access to both officers firearms. I cannot believe we have to defend the police officers.

That's all horseshat from the git-go.***

Oct 9, 2020, 5:30 PM [ in reply to I'm willing to concede the point vis-a-vis crime stats if ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Oct 10, 2020, 7:51 AM

I agree with your overall point that most people regardless of skin color are not out committing crimes.

However, there does seem to be a cultural issue in the black community that glorifies gang violence and drug use. Blaming it on what white people did centuries ago is not going to help.

Oct 10, 2020, 9:12 AM

Buddy2018

I appreciate your low key approach to this, but man you are hitting it dead on. See my post just above.

I have had 3 kids go through public schools. I live less than a mile from an elementary, middle, high-school campus. My wife and I were heavily invested and active in the kids school lives. It paid off for them, and we also have seen a lot of chit that goes on in schools. We've been through bullies, bad teachers, great teachers, athletic teams, college applications, PTA, AP classes, SAT/ACT tests, etc. I've tutored black kids. My kids have tutored kids.

Glorifying gang violence is a part of what I call above the "thug culture." Sagging pants, rap music with horrendous lyrics, etc. has to change. Black kids cannot call other kids "whitey" if they make good grades. This is a freaking serious problem. Peer pressure from the black culture points kids in the wrong direction.

If people think suggesting the culture is a problem is racist, then f-them. They are the problem.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic