Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How did Nuk introduce himself tonight?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 115
| visibility 1

How did Nuk introduce himself tonight?

Oct 20, 2020, 12:29 AM

I know he’s always said Daniel High School instead of Clemson University. He said earlier this year that it is because Clemson used racist names like Calhoun and Tillman.

Now that the names have been addressed by the university, did he say Clemson University?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: How did Nuk introduce himself tonight?

Oct 20, 2020, 1:04 AM

Before that, it was because he felt slighted by Sammy Watkins getting more attention than he did while at Clemson. A shame to see how crushing all that has been to him in life. He’s really had it rough.
Maybe he needs to pan handle to make ends meet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2019, 1:25 PM

He had to sell weed in high school to eat and clothe himself. So, yeah; he probably had it tougher than you.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Nuk was a drug dealer in high school?

Oct 20, 2020, 2:54 PM

That's quite the accusation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: So Nuk was a drug dealer in high school?

Oct 20, 2020, 2:58 PM

That’s not an accusation. You have to do what you have to do to survive. I wasn’t suggesting Nuk is at fault; I was suggesting the commenter who effectively eluded to his (non-existent, 100% self-earned) privilege.

Probably should try to walk a mile in his shoes... or at least show some level of understanding.

Stating that Nuk was a drug dealer in high school

Oct 20, 2020, 6:06 PM

is an accusation, unless you have proof that he did so.

Re: Stating that Nuk was a drug dealer in high school

Oct 20, 2020, 6:48 PM

Would him being a personal friend of mine in HS count?

Oct 21, 2020, 5:04 PM

I don't think a "personal friend" would say things like that about him be it true or false. Being on the internet does not make it OK to post everything that pops in you mind. Have some class.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 5:08 PM

It’s in reference to TigerSurvivor suggesting Nuk has had a pampered existence...like life has been all rainbows and dandelions. I respect his story.

“A shame to see how crushing all that has been to him in life. He’s really had it rough. Maybe he needs to pan handle to make ends meet.”

Regardless, you can go kick rocks. “Have some class” is getting real old with all the unintelligible, crotchety conservatives on this site. Surprised you even know how to hook up to your dialup in the trailer.

Oct 21, 2020, 11:46 PM

You’ve never been a friend. Tell the truth. I bet he couldn’t call you out in a group of 3

Oct 22, 2020, 6:50 PM

You’re right. But, maybe in a group of 2.

Oct 20, 2020, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Stating that Nuk was a drug dealer in high school ]

Oh, and I respect the hustle by the way. Have to do what you have to do. Dog eat dog world out there beyond the television screen, Keller.

Oct 21, 2020, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Stating that Nuk was a drug dealer in high school ]

Any thoughts, Clown Keller?

I don’t really know what to say.

Oct 21, 2020, 11:30 PM

You’ve stated with authority that Nuk was a drug dealer in high school. I don’t personally feel that stuff like that should be posted online, whether true or not.

Regardless, I can’t “respect the hustle” since dealing drugs is illegal. If someone truly can’t have food on his table or a place to sleep at night, there are other options to (legally) obtain assistance. But I wasn’t there, so I can’t comment beyond that.

Thankfully, Nuk has used football to make an amazing life for himself and his family. Hopefully he is now able to see how integral his Clemson experience was in order to help him achieve what he has, to the point that he won’t continue to publicly disparage the university.

Re: I don’t really know what to say.

Oct 22, 2020, 6:19 PM

Actually, dealing illegal drugs is illegal. You’re correct. But, doing what’s necessary doesn’t always end up on the ‘right side’. I don’t pretend to be the judger of men. That’s just life. I’m sorry you choose to live in a box.

Maybe they should send him a thank you card for his service to the university?

Oct 21, 2020, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: So Nuk was a drug dealer in high school? ]

I guarantee you Nuk would never want to walk a mile in my shoes. And for the record, I worked all through high school and paid for my own college education. I was also a Clemson athlete and aside from a uniform, was never was given a dime for it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2020, 12:25 AM

You're a sucker for working an actual job like 98% of poor high schoolers. Should have just sold drugs to kids like this morons hero who supposedly had it so bad he couldn't get hired anywhere.

Oct 22, 2020, 6:49 PM

It’s about efficiency. Somehow this guy didn’t get hired somewhere, but trained his way to earning about $200 million. Guess he won that round or life, bruh.

Wake up. ‘Working’ like an ‘honest man’ isn’t a thing. That’s something ‘they’ made up to control conventional, moldable worker bees like yourself.

Yeah. Shame on Nuk for maximally leveraging his talent. He would have been much better off selling his time for $7 an hour.

Maybe you should have considered ‘working’ less and taking a few more risk(s)?

Oct 22, 2020, 6:15 PM [ in reply to Re: So Nuk was a drug dealer in high school? ]

Maybe you should have been a better player? Less time at work, more time developing your craft. Work smarter, not harder. It’s obvious you are upset that you weren’t given money to play a sport in college, but that doesn’t mean Nuk is entitled, he was just valued more. It’s not his fault his sport and skill set are valued more than yours were.

But, I’ll bow out from this. You guys obviously don’t get the point. He doesn’t owe Clemson sh*t. You can thank him for his service to the university. He has undoubtedly earned and contributed more than any of you to Clemson simply by playing football.

It doesn't matter at all.

Oct 20, 2020, 3:46 AM

Nuk was a beast at Clemson and has done more for Clemson University than those that get butt hurt when he doesn't say Clemson in his NFL introductions. Wish him and his family nothing but the best and I'm glad he feels like name dropping Daniel High School on his introductions. There are plenty of top notch football players that have gone to that school and I'm sure the ones there now are thrilled that their small school in Central, SC gets mentioned on Monday Night football by one of their alumni.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A little disrespectful (and maybe racist?) to call him a “beast”...don’t ya think?

Oct 20, 2020, 7:23 AM

My gosh, man. He’s a human being!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I saw the word “beast” used, racism never even crossed

Oct 20, 2020, 7:42 AM

my mind. My first thoughts were his talents and amazing catches. Nuk and Tee Higgins are two of my favorite all time Clemson receivers. I thought Nuk was better than Sammy. Just my opinion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When I saw the word “beast” used, racism never even crossed

Oct 20, 2020, 4:30 PM

You can call me a beast MyfavOrange®

Im at a loss for words***

Oct 20, 2020, 6:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When I saw the word “beast” used, racism never even crossed

Oct 20, 2020, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Re: When I saw the word “beast” used, racism never even crossed ]

Was it something I said? I always tell people I went to Clemson whether they ask or not.

Sounds more like you have the issues there, bud.***

Oct 20, 2020, 8:13 AM [ in reply to A little disrespectful (and maybe racist?) to call him a “beast”...don’t ya think? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A little disrespectful (and maybe racist?) to call him a “beast”...don’t ya think?

Oct 20, 2020, 8:20 AM [ in reply to A little disrespectful (and maybe racist?) to call him a “beast”...don’t ya think? ]

Do you know how to read? He was pointing out all his positive aspects.

Re: A little disrespectful (and maybe racist?) to call him a “beast”...don’t ya think?

Oct 20, 2020, 9:44 AM [ in reply to A little disrespectful (and maybe racist?) to call him a “beast”...don’t ya think? ]

I got your sarcasm...

You’re ahead of the curve, buddy.***

Oct 20, 2020, 2:18 PM

LOL! Good one!***

Oct 20, 2020, 9:50 AM [ in reply to A little disrespectful (and maybe racist?) to call him a “beast”...don’t ya think? ]

Oct 21, 2020, 11:45 PM [ in reply to A little disrespectful (and maybe racist?) to call him a “beast”...don’t ya think? ]

How in the heck is that racist??? Dang sheep

It does matter.

Oct 20, 2020, 9:11 AM [ in reply to It doesn't matter at all. ]

He is one of our most successful former Tigers ever, based on his NFL performance. It’s good for Clemson to have such a superstar be proud to say Clemson.

He publicly called out his alma mater for being racist. That’s a big deal. Clemson swiftly responded in a wonderful, inclusive way. The reasonable conclusion would be that Nuk is no longer ashamed to say that he went to Clemson.

Nuk’s requests were met, and I assume he should be satisfied. He is getting another chance to show respect and appreciation for the coaches, administrators, and professors who helped him get where he is today.

So I’ll ask again, since you didn’t answer the question: did Nuk say Clemson or not?

It doesn’t

Oct 20, 2020, 9:48 AM

And you feeling like you personally need some kind of validation in your choice of schools is borderline pervy. Like it’s your fetish. I know exactly what he said. If it was important to you, you should’ve watched it.

LOL wut?

Oct 20, 2020, 10:01 AM

Personal validation in my choice of schools?!?

His actions have zero effect on my status as a Clemson alum and fan.

I’m giving Nuk another chance. He acted like a whiny, entitled little boy refusing to say that he went to Clemson. Then he went to social media to whine about it and calling Clemson racist. He created the issue.

Hopefully he can move on now that his concerns were addressed.

Re: It does matter.

Oct 20, 2020, 11:38 AM [ in reply to It does matter. ]

He is one of our most successful former Tigers ever, based on his NFL performance. It’s good for Clemson to have such a superstar be proud to say Clemson.

He publicly called out his alma mater for being racist. That’s a big deal. Clemson swiftly responded in a wonderful, inclusive way. The reasonable conclusion would be that Nuk is no longer ashamed to say that he went to Clemson.

Nuk’s requests were met, and I assume he should be satisfied. He is getting another chance to show respect and appreciation for the coaches, administrators, and professors who helped him get where he is today.

So I’ll ask again, since you didn’t answer the question: did Nuk say Clemson or not?

I'll answer..

No.. They don't do that on MNF just NBC Sunday night..

They're not doing it this year bc of COVID...

Thank you.***

Oct 20, 2020, 2:16 PM

Oct 20, 2020, 4:36 AM

Don't care. I stopped watching pro football, basketball & now baseball when they started disrespecting our flag, country, those who serve & have died in service.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 6:40 AM

Those who served and died for our country, died to protect freedom, no?

Well, these days are not much different than the old days when a black person can be locked up or even killed just for being black. There is no justice, no real freedom in a country where they get locked up and stay in prison because they are poor and can not afford bail.

This is their freedom to exercise and you judge it.

Besides, I’m sure the NFL, MLB, and NBA really miss you.

Lol.***

Oct 20, 2020, 7:12 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 20, 2020, 7:14 AM [ in reply to Re: How did Nuk introduce himself tonight? ]

I love pretty much all professional sports, but ratings are down.

This thread probably needs to be moved to P&R forum

Oct 20, 2020, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Re: How did Nuk introduce himself tonight? ]

There definitely needs to be police reform. No sense in traffic cops carrying AR-15s. The velocity of the 223/556 bullet fires @ 3x that of a 9mm. Most are ex military and trained to kill. And African Americans are targeted (literally) more than whites. That is not acceptable

It is odd though that no one mentions there are roughly 60 murders in Chicago on any given weekend. 90% are black on black

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: This thread probably needs to be moved to P&R forum

Oct 20, 2020, 7:37 AM

It's been mentioned at nauseam.

When do people start protesting about those numbers?***

Oct 20, 2020, 1:48 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: This thread probably needs to be moved to P&R forum ]

That would be ad nauseam ??

The downvoters, who disagree with my opinion on a traffic cop carrying a 9mm and an AR-15. Please tell me why a traffic cop needs an assault rifle on a traffic stop? Ever shot one, or seen a 223? It's a different ball game. 223 from an AR will cover over 10 football fields in one second.

I'd love to hear an explanation as to why we need them at

Oct 20, 2020, 4:04 PM

football games as well

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: This thread probably needs to be moved to P&R forum ]

Traffic stops are one of the most dangerous things a cop can do. You never know who you’re pulling over and what they’re up to, how many people will be in a car, etc. so saying a traffic cop shouldn’t be as armed as other police units is asinine.

I have multiple AR15s. It really isn’t that big of a deal like the uniformed gun dumb media makes them. A 223 round on avg (there are many different speeds for many different weighted bullets) is around 2500 FPS. A 9mm (again, different speeds for different weights) is about 1200 FPS. While the 223 is much faster, it is WAY lighter and smaller than the 9mm, which is why it relies on speed to do its damage.

The 223 round is peanuts compared to most rifle rounds. It is the same diameter of a 22 caliber bullet (they use almost identical bores). It is a smaller, less impactful round than EVERY deer hunting round. Shooting an AR15 is almost like shooting a 22.

And a 223 round wil not cover 10 football fields in less than 1 second. I’m sure you heard that on CNN or MSNBC, but that’s simply false, just like it’s false that you can shoot 30 rounds in under half a second and that ARs are automatic.

So yes, traffic cops need to carry rifles due to them not knowing what they’re going to run into, they need every advantage they can get to fight crime. The AR isn’t some big bad scary killing machine, it’s a great tool for self defense and the defense of others.

Oct 20, 2020, 4:42 PM

A 223 generally rolls around 3100 fps. That's a great if you're a sniper. But any pistol at close range is sufficient. A taser is just as efficient

Oct 20, 2020, 5:26 PM

That is not true. Some smaller grained 223 can travel that fast. But heavier rounds avg between 2500-3000 FPS, and are more typically used for self defense.

*i mistyped when I said 223 on avg travels 2500 FPS. I meant to type 2800 FPS)

Oct 20, 2020, 6:13 PM

300 blackout.

Oct 20, 2020, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: This thread probably needs to be moved to P&R forum ]

Now now, an AR is not an assault rifle and while the velocity reference is comparing a 9 to an AR, you have to speak apples to apples with regards to ballistics and round size. Comparing a semi auto .22 is a closer comparison.

Oct 21, 2020, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Re: This thread probably needs to be moved to P&R forum ]

Ask the cop that killed yesterday You moron

Lol***

Oct 20, 2020, 9:34 AM [ in reply to This thread probably needs to be moved to P&R forum ]

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 21, 2020, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: How did Nuk introduce himself tonight? ]

NYT reports television viewership is down 50% across all pro sports. When they list potential reasons, they totally overlook political activism as a cause.

The leagues are taking a bath this year without fans in attendance but yet playing players’ salaries (full salaries in some sports, partial in others). Television contracts are their saviors, but with viewership down so much the networks will have to renegotiate if lockdowns continue into 2021.

If viewership stays down advertisers will abandon the broadcasts and broadcasters will have to lower rates to fill the spots. Advertising contracts are much more short-term than the deals between networks and sports leagues.

Oct 21, 2020, 11:54 PM [ in reply to Re: How did Nuk introduce himself tonight? ]

You poor little sheep

Oct 21, 2020, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Re: How did Nuk introduce himself tonight? ]

What part of history are you talking about. Sheep

I hope you feel the same about Captain Bone Spurs

Oct 20, 2020, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: How did Nuk introduce himself tonight? ]

The man is a disgrace to anyone that has served this country and far worse than any athlete.

He's turned into an entitled ahole

Oct 20, 2020, 4:49 AM

He was great at Clemson. He's currently the best receiver in the NFL. Clemson gave him everything. A 100k education. Tutors, nutriionaliist, among many other things.

He's become extremely self entitled with all the money, fame, adulation he receives. His reality isn't yours or mine.

I can say I'm growing tired of professional sports. It's even drifting down to the collegiate level for me. These athletes are so adored and priveledged on so many levels and a majority of them just ##### about how they are mistreated and used.

Pat Mahomes is what 23-24 and just signed a half BILLION dollar deal to throw a football. I'm all for capitalism, but sports are out of control. What does a marine make? Not much. Things are out of whack.

Does that apply to actors and musicians?***

Oct 20, 2020, 5:34 AM

Re: Does that apply to actors and musicians?***

Oct 20, 2020, 8:09 AM

For me it applies more to actors and singers for 2 reasons. First the athletes tend to be organized. It is not an individual spouting off but a group. Second, there tends to be a particular topic, and regardless of how one feels about the degree of existence or the means of improvement, it is tough to argue against police reforms.

For the record I do not think that there is a systemic problem, but do think that more can be done to weed out some of the bad apples before problems surface. If you feel more strongly about it that is fine. If I ever meet you in person we can talk about it all you want, but I don't care to debate it here.

As for actors and musicians, I feel that they try to push their opinions on me about a variety of subjects. If they want to switch positions for a month or two, then I will listen. Until then I don't much care what they think.

A Clemson education is nowhere near 100k***

Oct 20, 2020, 8:03 AM [ in reply to He's turned into an entitled ahole ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: A Clemson education is nowhere near 100k***

Oct 20, 2020, 8:16 AM

Are you saying it doesn’t cost that much, or it’s not worth that much?

Instate 4 year tuition is about $61,000, while out of state 4 year tuition is about $154,000. Factor in another $13,000 per year for room, board, and books. That comes to $113,000 for instate and $206,000 for out of state.

For my undergrad and masters degree my total tuition

Oct 20, 2020, 11:58 AM

cost around 65k. I had no idea tuition ballooned like it had.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For my undergrad and masters degree my total tuition

Oct 21, 2020, 9:33 AM

Yeah. It's crazy how much it has gone up in the past decade or so. I was there from 1998 to 2005 between grad and undergrad and it cost about $50K for tuition. With room and board and books, probably another $25k. So all-in it probably cost $75k. To think that the cost more than tripled for out-of-state students over the past 20 years is insane.

*edit* I just found this site that documents the tuition increases since from 1998 to 2019, and it's eye opening. In 20 years the cost of tuition has increased between 4X - 5X.

https://www.chronicle.com/article/tuition-and-fees-1998-99-through-2018-19/

Wanna bet ????***

Oct 20, 2020, 8:19 AM [ in reply to A Clemson education is nowhere near 100k*** ]

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I would have taken that bet 3 hours ago

Oct 20, 2020, 12:01 PM

and lost big time. I can't believe a land grant public institution costs that much.

Crazy, right ? And if you are out of state - which A LOT

Oct 20, 2020, 12:06 PM

of our football players are, the admissions office has a nice, colorful brochure they will give you that says to prepare for almost $49,000 a year for all expenses, including books and $200 a month pizza money (I'm paraphrasing - but the dollar amount is correct).

And this is as a normal, general population student.

And this is the number they were handing out to my family in 2018 . . . it has gone up since then.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

It's $133K for in-state if you believe Clemson's website.

Oct 20, 2020, 9:22 AM [ in reply to A Clemson education is nowhere near 100k*** ]

Some estimations in there, but it could be $8,200 less a year and still be over $100K. Factor in the higher cost of an athlete's peripherals (prepared meals, transportation, medical care, ect.) and I believe it. These kids' tuition ain't our tuition.

For the record, I support facts, not the whiney posters looking for attention by complaining about Nuk.

YOUR MISSING THE BIGGEST PERK OF ALL

Oct 20, 2020, 10:21 AM

thousands of kids are turned away every semester and denied acceptance to these universities. These students work hard to build impeccable academic resumes to get accepted.

Yet, they are rejected while other kids with 400 SAT scores get full rides.

Re: YOUR MISSING THE BIGGEST PERK OF ALL

Oct 20, 2020, 10:43 AM

The role of universities goes beyond strictly education of traditional academics. Athletics, obviously, is a large part of that. It's also a huge part of the college experience that makes many of these universities desirable.

And 400 SAT is reaching...a lot. There are still limitations, even for stud football players.

Doesnt change the fact that more qualified

Oct 20, 2020, 11:29 AM

Kids are rejected by institutions of higher learning every year because they cant sports.

Meanwhile kids who can't school are given full rides.

400 is not a stretch at all...it is the minimum.

Re: Doesnt change the fact that more qualified

Oct 20, 2020, 12:24 PM

400 is not the minimum. It’s not even close to the minimum.

https://www.ncsasports.org/recruiting/how-to-get-recruited/college-eligibility-requirements

D1 uses a sliding scale now

Oct 20, 2020, 2:21 PM

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Student_Resources/DI_ReqsFactSheet.pdf

Clemson’s requirement for football players is generally considerably higher

Oct 20, 2020, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Doesnt change the fact that more qualified ]

than the NCAA minimum, but still significantly lower than the non-football playing Clemson student.

I’m guessing the athletes who want “equality” aren’t willing to be evaluated equally to the general student body when it comes to academics (even though that would be the most fair way to do it).

Lol. I just wrote a check ..1 yr... 28k

Oct 20, 2020, 9:38 AM [ in reply to A Clemson education is nowhere near 100k*** ]

For my daughter. In state. That includes dorm and meal plan

That's 112k for 4 years and will likely be higher by the time she graduates.

That is a regular in state student.

No stipend, no free gear, no tutors or travel, no perks.

But she gets nutritionists and people making her smoothies

Oct 20, 2020, 9:55 AM

for her and a world class gym with instructors that "force" her to stay in top shape - physically, emotionally, spiritually - right ?

And she gets world travel options THAT ARE FREE / PAID FOR to do work abroad - right ?

And world class, top level companies coming in to talk to her & maybe 10 or 15 of her friends for several days and aligning internships & plans of action once she graduates, right ?

I asked .

Oct 20, 2020, 10:15 AM

They told me to pound sand.

Re: Lol. I just wrote a check ..1 yr... 28k

Oct 20, 2020, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Lol. I just wrote a check ..1 yr... 28k ]

For my daughter. In state. That includes dorm and meal plan

That's 112k for 4 years and will likely be higher by the time she graduates.

That is a regular in state student.

No stipend, no free gear, no tutors or travel, no perks.

Your daughter attend Clemson?...

Can't believe Clemson is that expensive.***

Oct 20, 2020, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Lol. I just wrote a check ..1 yr... 28k ]

Re: Can't believe Clemson is that expensive.***

Oct 22, 2020, 12:05 AM

When in the hell did you attend. In the 70s or 80s

So . . . .

Oct 20, 2020, 10:00 AM [ in reply to A Clemson education is nowhere near 100k*** ]

tigerdrummer®

Were you saying it is worth WAY MORE than $100K . . . . and then when you add in the FOOTBALL perks, it is probably pushing closer to $300K value ? ? ?

A few years ago some 1 put together a good

Oct 20, 2020, 11:54 AM

Summary and itemized all the financial perks of a clemson student athlete.

It came to about 60k a year back then.

If you can't afford a pizza on a Friday night, you really are not managing your money well... especially considering a little ceasar pizza is $5.

I had no idea tuition went up that much. That's ridiculous***

Oct 20, 2020, 11:57 AM [ in reply to So . . . . ]

Re: He's turned into an entitled ahole

Oct 20, 2020, 8:16 AM [ in reply to He's turned into an entitled ahole ]

I'm not sure why so many people need to continue to hear this...supply and demand. Very simply. There are not many people on the planet that can do what Mahomes can do. There are millions of people that will pay (directly or indirectly) to watch him do it. That's why he's worth what he's worth.

Lol..here we go again..the absolute law of supply

Oct 20, 2020, 10:17 AM

And demand..

The 11th commandment..unbreakable.

Re: He's turned into an entitled ahole

Oct 20, 2020, 7:07 PM [ in reply to He's turned into an entitled ahole ]

gville76 said:

He was great at Clemson. He's currently the best receiver in the NFL. Clemson gave him everything. A 100k education. Tutors, nutriionaliist, among many other things.

He's become extremely self entitled with all the money, fame, adulation he receives. His reality isn't yours or mine.

I can say I'm growing tired of professional sports. It's even drifting down to the collegiate level for me. These athletes are so adored and priveledged on so many levels and a majority of them just ##### about how they are mistreated and used.

Pat Mahomes is what 23-24 and just signed a half BILLION dollar deal to throw a football. I'm all for capitalism, but sports are out of control. What does a marine make? Not much. Things are out of whack.

The reason why this hypothetical "cost" argument is eternally stupid is because it never considers that the value is not a one way street. The relationship between Hopkins and Clemson is symbiotic, not Clemson taking on Nuk as some charity case. Hopkins already "paid" Clemson equal or more value by his significant contributions in making Clemson an on field winner. How many times has it been said that 4th and 26 was the catalyst to the dynasty? Clemson to this day uses Nuk as a marketing and recruiting tool. How about helping Clemson be ranked and getting better TV slots and exposure?

Its not one way value as you want to argue.

It was 4th and 16

Oct 21, 2020, 10:37 AM

I don't know about symbiosis but clemson is a means to an end for everyone

1 of my best friends and clemson alumnus doesn't care 1 bit about clemson. You ask him and he will say "I needed a degree, I paid tuition, went to class, and got a degree. I don't owe them anything, they dont owe me anything"

Sports are nothing more than entertainment... people need to relax about their choice of entertainment.

Which is true

Re: It was 4th and 16

Oct 21, 2020, 12:08 PM

I don't know about symbiosis but clemson is a means to an end for everyone

1 of my best friends and clemson alumnus doesn't care 1 bit about clemson. You ask him and he will say "I needed a degree, I paid tuition, went to class, and got a degree. I don't owe them anything, they dont owe me anything"

Sports are nothing more than entertainment... people need to relax about their choice of entertainment.

Which is true

Yes. It was 4th and 16. I keep getting the Eagles 4th and 26 play stuck in my head. Or was it the Packers? Anyway, you're right.

Your friend has the right attitude. Hopkins doesn't owe it to Clemson to big them up on his Sunday Night football profile. And fans don't have to pull for Hopkins just because he went to Clemson.

I didn't see anyone here say that Nuk owes Clemson anything.

Oct 21, 2020, 3:36 PM

He doesn't have to ever acknowledge Clemson if he doesn't want to.

HOWEVER...

Nuk took it upon himself to make a big deal about not mentioning Clemson because he viewed it as racially oppressive.

Nuk decided to go on social media and criticize Clemson, and ask for building names to be changed because they are racist.

As a result, it's not unreasonable to ask if he is happy now that his request was honored.

I for one don't appreciate anyone publicly criticizing our school. Especially someone who used his Clemson experience to reach his life dreams and make a totally new life for himself and his family. Does he have a right to be ungrateful, entitled, and childish about this? Of course he does. But I have no problem calling him out for it, and asking if he has changed his tune now that the ridiculous situation he created has been handled.

As I stated in another post, it's amazing to me how star athletes seem to get a free pass. If a non-football star disowned Clemson and publicly called Clemson racist, people here would go nuts calling them all sorts of names. But a great football player like Nuk does it, and it's not only okay, but it's encouraged - to the point that anyone who disagrees with him or even questions his current opinion on the matter is a "hater" or is "disrespecting" him.

You can't make this stuff up.

Oct 20, 2020, 5:58 AM

I watched the first Monday Night Game because I was jonesing for football but they said they were not doing live intro's like normal due to Covid. I forget who played but there was a Clemson rookie that I wondered if he was starting so I paid attention to Intros. So I didn't watch tonight but I assume they are still under same policy????

Thank you.***

Oct 20, 2020, 9:15 AM

Oct 20, 2020, 6:33 AM

Maybe you have forgotten. Nuk is a part of the Clemson family. If he feels the need to say Daniel High School that's his choice. You are doing a disservice to him and to the rest of us by whining about it.

I wasn’t whining about anything.

Oct 20, 2020, 9:21 AM

He publicly called out Clemson for being racist, and said that was the reason why he doesn’t say he went to Clemson. Nuk is the whiner here, not me.

Now that Clemson has addressed his complaints (quickly, I might add), he should be proud to claim Clemson now, right?

I’m not doing him a “disservice” by wanting to know if this is resolved. LOL.

Re: I wasn’t whining about anything.

Oct 20, 2020, 4:27 PM

Sure sounds like whining to me. Plenty of NFL players have said their hometown or their high school. I seem to remember one saying his elementary school once even. I call it whining because you seem to think that he owes Clemson or something for having attended school here. Would I live to hear him say Clemson? Sure would. But then I'm also not calling him out about it either way. I'll give you this much. If there was no other intent involved in your question than to see if he supports how Clemson has changed things then fine. As far as him whining? Sounds to.me like he was asked a question and he answered it. No whining there.

The double standard some of you are applying here is ridiculous.

Oct 20, 2020, 6:33 PM

If someone, anyone else besides a former star football player refused to acknowledge Clemson as their alma mater, and publicly called the school racist, they would be burned in effigy. They would be called a traitor and expelled from the Clemson family.

But because it’s a star football player? Oh then that’s perfectly fine. He’s one of ours!

And based on this thread, anyone who questions that player is accused of whining and not supporting that player.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Re: The double standard some of you are applying here is ridiculous.

Oct 22, 2020, 12:13 AM

He also said he felt like a SLAVE at Clemson. So f nuk

Oct 20, 2020, 7:46 AM

Does anybody know the answer to the question? I don't care much either way, but I am curious now that JK brings it up.

I JUST HAVE ONE REPLY

Oct 20, 2020, 8:48 AM

4th and 16 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

kinda of dated but.....

Oct 20, 2020, 8:50 AM

https://www.espn.com/blog/houston-texans/post/_/id/307/hopkins-touts-awesome-clemson-intro

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Over 20 replies, but no answers to the question.

Oct 20, 2020, 8:59 AM

Reminds me of politics.

No kidding.***

Oct 20, 2020, 9:08 AM

Oct 20, 2020, 9:14 AM

"High, I'm Nuk!"

Oct 20, 2020, 9:57 AM

Nuk never said he refused to acknowledge Clemson in his intro because of racism or the use of racist names.

He has stated before that he wants to make sure Daniel HS gets recognition because he loves his high school.

Yes he has said that he didn't like that Dabo tried to get him back for 1 more year because he knew he was ready to leave.

Yes he said he felt disrespected and ignored at times because of Watkins.

He has also mentioned 100s if not 1000s of times that Clemson is great, that he loves Clemson and that he and Dabo are on great terms and he owes a lot to what he received while at Clemson.

You are trying to make something out of nothing.

It's not disrespectful for Nuk to mention Daniel instead of Clemson. Clemson has lots of players in the NFL to mention Clemson and Daniel has very few (Nuk is the one people will pay attention to).

It's quite possible that Nuk is very proud of both Daniel and Clemson at the same time, which he has said many times.

I stopped reading after your 1st sentence - because it is

Oct 20, 2020, 10:02 AM

100% incorrect.

Re: I stopped reading after your 1st sentence - because it is

Oct 20, 2020, 10:33 AM

Actually the quote you are mentioning from June says "oppressive figure". It never specifically mentions the use of racists names.

So while "oppressive figure" can be inferred to mean racist, the best you can do is say I am 50% incorrect and you would still be wrong.

Actually he never used the phrases that I said were untrue, so to quote him as saying such is irresponsible.

If people don't like Nuk, just say it, but don't change his quotes in an attempt to make him seem like a bad guy.

Lots of people are sensitive when Nuk talks because he is willing to say things people don't like to hear. He uses whatever real or made up disrespect he has encountered to drive him.

All athletes have something that drives them. Whatever he believes helps to make him great.

It's your problem if it offends you.

Uhmmmmmmmm . . . .

Oct 20, 2020, 11:54 AM

June 9, 2020 at 10:58 am

. . . . .

Arizona Cardinals receiver DeAndre Hopkins revealed Tuesday that he doesn’t represent himself as a product of Clemson University in pregame NFL introductions because of the school’s continued promotion of a pro-slavery politician from the 1800s.

Posting to his Instagram account, Hopkins asked followers to sign a petition for Clemson to rename its honors college and remove mentions on campus of former United States vice president John C. Calhoun.

“As we watch everything happening in the world, I want to bring up something that has been bothering me for a long time in my community,” Hopkins wrote. “Clemson University still honors the name of well known slave owner and pro-slavery politician John C. Calhoun on its buildings, signs, and in the name of its honors program. I felt this oppressive figure during my time at Clemson and purposely do not mention the University’s name before NFL games because of it.

“I am joining the voices of the students and faculty who have restarted this petition to rename the Calhoun Honors College. I urge all Clemson students, football players, and alumni to join us, so the next generation of young Black leaders can be proud of the institution they graduate from. Now is the time for change.”

https://arizonasports.com/story/2304688/deandre-hopkins-explains-why-he-doesnt-rep-clemson-in-nfl-intros/

1. So you are saying the above DOES NOT DISPROVE your statement "Nuk never said he refused to acknowledge Clemson in his intro because of racism or the use of racist names."

Wow - that is what he said. So - to you - if the IDENTICAL words are not used, then he didn't say he isn't acknowledging Clemson due to names on buildings that honor slave-owning, racist people of the past?

2. I got no horse in this race - I don't know Nuk - I have met him - in the concourse of Phoenix stadium during the National Championship and he was amazingly friendly & accommodating to all of the Clemson Family - took a picture with him and my family, etc. He was an incredible player at Clemson - got baptized on the practice fields and Clemson got a lot of words typed about it in the media.

3. Per your words - "He uses whatever real or made up disrespect he has encountered to drive him." So it is OK to CREATE disrespect and be vocal about it as long as it is being used for motivation ? Wow.

Re: Uhmmmmmmmm . . . .

1. I incorrectly read what was being shown as a quote, but was obviously paraphrased. I am in fact incorrect in my statement and he did omit Clemson due to connections with slave owners.

2. My experience with Nuk has been similar to yours on the few occasions I have been around him. He is very eccentric but seems like a nice person.

3. The real or made up disrespect I am talking about was from an interview with Nuk several years ago where he discussed his drive to be great where he mentioned Dabo suggesting that he return and being 2nd fiddle to Sammy.
I say "real or made up" because I think it's ridiculous but if he used it as motivation and he thought it was disrespect and it worked to help drive him when he needed a boost then that's fine. I would feel different if he constantly harped on it, but it was a response to a question and he was positive about everything Clemson related between that interview and this summer when he put his name in the group trying to make changes to aspects of the University that he did not agree with.

Likewise, you should also say that it’s Nuk’s problem if building names

Oct 20, 2020, 6:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I stopped reading after your 1st sentence - because it is ]

on Clemson’s campus bother him.

But I won’t hold my breath that a football star would be held to that same reasonable standard.

Oct 22, 2020, 12:15 AM [ in reply to Re: How did Nuk introduce himself tonight? ]

Where you getting your info ???? Cause it’s wrong

He's an "angry young man" that looks for things to be angry

Oct 20, 2020, 9:57 AM

about, as opposed to DW4 who's a "joyful young man" who looks for things to be joyful about.

They're just two different types of people.

Hopefully one will change one day.

Re: He's an "angry young man" that looks for things to be angry

Oct 20, 2020, 10:36 AM

Finding things to motivate you is hardly being an "angry young man".

He makes statements about things he does not like, but he is far from someone who walks around mad and angry all of the time.

You don't know him and yet you pretend to know how he lives his life.

If Nuk is a happy, positive person he is doing an awful job

Oct 20, 2020, 2:21 PM

conveying it.

Can you imagine Dabo whining about not being thrown enough passes years earlier, or going on social media to call his alma mater a racist institution due to freaking building names?

Happy, positive people focus on the good. They practice gratitude.

He needs to learn how to spell "Nuke".

Seriously?

Oct 20, 2020, 3:44 PM

"Nuk" is a brand of pacifier, which is where the nickname comes from. It's spelled correctly.

The nickname is fitting, because he comes across like a baby.***

Oct 20, 2020, 6:39 PM

Re: The nickname is fitting, because he comes across like a baby.***

Oct 21, 2020, 11:17 PM

Judge K,
I appreciate your question and applaud you for asking it. I have no problem with Nuk’s success,
good for him. I have great respect for his immense talent and enjoy watching him play. However, don’t intentionally ignore and bash the school that gave you the springboard to success. Clearly Clemson was a win for him no matter what negatives he encountered. Remember Dabo’s motto: “Every life will have adversity, it’s what you do with it that makes the difference.” A little gratitude goes a long way.

"Hello, I'm Nuk?"

Oct 20, 2020, 12:40 PM

:(

Replies: 115
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic