Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stated on radio that the days of Club Football mentality is over since
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Stated on radio that the days of Club Football mentality is over since

Aug 6, 2020, 6:46 PM

players are calling the shots now & are smart enough & lawyered up enough to know they hold the Ace & $ card..

plus gotten right to transfer, get paid soon for likeness, etc.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stated on radio that the days of Club Football mentality is over since

Aug 6, 2020, 7:09 PM

Semi pro FB. It was just a matter of time. Too much money being made. Once that happened and thousands of people were getting wealthy off of the game, it was only a matter of time that the players cashed in. I Don't blame them. It is pretty much the beginning of the end of college football. If not the end, certainly it will never look the same and it will never be viewed the same way by fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope.***

Aug 6, 2020, 7:39 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as CFB remains the best path to the NFL

Aug 7, 2020, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Stated on radio that the days of Club Football mentality is over since ]

I think the paid player changes will be reasonable. Anything too severe would threaten a star athlete's chance at graduating from five or six figures into seven or eight.

And not to pretend like I know what the paid player model is actually going to look like, but everything I've seen makes me think that probably only the top 33% of CFB players are gonna see any kind of decent money. Keep in mind that anyone who pays a player is looking to get something out of it; I doubt they think backup offensive linemen or linebackers will be worthy investments. So hopefully there will still be lots of dudes who are getting peanuts or less willing to work their tails off in college to get a shot at the pros, keeping the quality of the game intact.

Maybe those things are just wishful thinking on my part. I really, really hope it doesn't ruin college football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stated on radio that the days of Club Football mentality is over since

Aug 6, 2020, 9:33 PM

players are calling the shots now & are smart enough & lawyered up enough to know they hold the Ace & $ card..

plus gotten right to transfer, get paid soon for likeness, etc.

No. The fans actually hold the money card. Both in physical attendance and ad revenue from TV

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If by smart, you mean? shallow, misinformed,...

Aug 7, 2020, 9:08 AM

easily manipulated, & of the belief they're entitled to:[any GD thing they want]; then I agree. I'd rather see CFB burned to the gd ground than more concessions, handouts, etc. be made based on fabrications & stemming from previous FAIRY TALES of social injustice-burn it all down

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic