Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody got the lowdown on Spurlocks new DC?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Anybody got the lowdown on Spurlocks new DC?

Feb 9, 2015, 11:32 AM

What were his Defenses like?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought they were going to keep Ward.***

Feb 9, 2015, 11:32 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Co-DCs, I believe***

Feb 9, 2015, 12:04 PM

Clemson

The problem with $CU's defense wasn't coaching....

Feb 9, 2015, 11:39 AM

it was primarily due to talent or the lack thereof.

They simply have not been able to recruit well enough to replace the defensive players they've lost with equal or better talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Anybody got the lowdown on Spurlocks new DC?

Feb 9, 2015, 11:43 AM

He hasn't coached in college since 2001 when he was Florida's DC for Spurrier. Seem to recall Florida fans considered him a step down form Bob Stoops, but I don't think he was hated or anything.

Spurrier has wanted him since 2004, but hard to tell what he will bring from his last decade plus as an NFL position coach. He started out with Capers in his 3-4 system which featured zone blitzes, and then moved to working with Lovie Smith, a Tampa 2 guy. He did end up on Trestman's staff, but I can't imagine he take much from that stint.

Feb 9, 2015, 12:56 PM

Thanks for the insight. I really appreciate it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spurrier's Discussion with Ward and Hoke

Feb 9, 2015, 11:45 AM

;0)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spurrier's Discussion with Ward and Hoke

Feb 9, 2015, 12:06 PM

Ball Sack is simply trying to go back in time which we all know cannot be done. He hired a friend from his past glory days who was umemployed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2015, 12:10 PM

college football has changed alot in the last 10 years. Has he even coached against a high tempo spread offense?

Feb 9, 2015, 12:19 PM

Hoke was in charge of the worst pass defense in the NFL last season. He will be USCJR'S new DB coach and in charge of the pass defense while Ward will be in charge of the run defense. Look for their defense to be about the same this coming season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2015, 12:22 PM

Is it me or does this remind me of Lou's final year and the hiring Rick Minter? Team full of JUCOs and the only people he can hire are the ones he had a successful working relationship with in the past. I think he will have a one year stint at USuC so he shouldn't quickly unpack all of his furniture yet. If Spurrier was serious at staying for more than five years I think he would have found a successful DC already and I believe he tried going that route but they all knows he won't stick around for long and turned him down. So the ole sac is left to hire friends. The end is near!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure that all the time away from the college game is a

Feb 9, 2015, 12:57 PM

detriment, he could've kept current with X-Box or PSII.

That's how I stay up to speed.

Re: Not sure that all the time away from the college game is a

Feb 9, 2015, 1:20 PM

Brown screwed up the Fields decootment. The decision was made a while back.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's face it, USCjr's defense for about a 3 or 4 year span

Feb 9, 2015, 3:34 PM

was an aboration - you know kind of like putting 1000 monkeys on a 1000 typewriters for 1000 years - one of them will eventually come out with a Shakespeare manuscript. In this case a defense once in every 122 years. It just happened that Clowney hit right when some other players happened to mature and turn into pretty good players. It's not something we are likely so see again in our lifetimes!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic