Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Speaking of Covid ...... Bretfsu ....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,950

Speaking of Covid ...... Bretfsu ....

Jan 7, 2021, 11:32 AM

Do you ever listen to the Larry Williams Dubcast?

The week before the FSU game, per usual, Larry interviewed a beat writer for the other team. That week he hosted Corey Clark from Warchant.com

It was a really great interview, but holly Nostradamus, Clark said, in a nutshell, as bad as FSU is this year the coaching staff can not afford Clemson hanging 80 on them for morale and recruiting purposes and it wouldn’t shock him if FSU used Covid as an excuse to dodge Clemson.

Then it happened!

FSU’s own homer website guy threw it out there before it happened. Then Dabo gets persecuted by the national media for his comments. Too bad he didn’t know about the Larry Williams interview. Imagine Dabo playing those comments in a press conference. I can see Dabo now playing those comments then stepping back saying , hey, don’t shoot me, I’m just the messenger. FSU’s own guy saw it coming!

Do people in Tallahassee know about that interview?

I’m sure Clark said itt in jest, but I can imagine the blowback if the coaching staff and university knew about those comments. Clark would be persona non grata in Tallahassee!

You will find the first half of the podcast especially interesting because Larry interviewed David Hale about his feature story on the collapse of the FSU program. It would be a great book.

https://clemsondubcast.podbean.com/e/david-hale-and-corey-clark/

For Clemson fans that are not hip to Larry’s podcast you are missing out. It really is d@mn good!

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speaking of Covid ...... Bretfsu ....

Jan 11, 2021, 12:20 AM

Yes, I heard Cory talking about it during the week leading up to the game. Cory is definitely an FSU guy. He is employed by the largest FSU website on the net (Warchant, which is the Rivals site for FSU.) They have 4 on air personalities, including the owner (Gene Williams) who was a pioneer in websites. Warchant.com was successful long before Rivals even existed. All four five very honest answers and analysis of just how bad the FSU program has been the past few years, including this year.

They were talking, half-jokingly, about how FSU should use COVID as an excuse not to play the game. "Just call them up and tell them not to come, we have COVID." But, all four blasted FSU for cancelling the game 2 hours before kickoff.

They were very serious about how bad FSU was gonna get beat. They were saying that FSU should use COVID as an excuse to miss the embarrassment, but none of them expected FSU to actually do it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speaking of Covid ...... Bretfsu ....

Jan 12, 2021, 11:58 AM

How has that gone over in Tallahassee?

I would assume based on your info these guys have enough juice to call it like it is and screw what FSU thinks!

Norvell doesn't have the balls or clout to pull a Steve Spurrier and throw them out of press conferences and ban them!

It is interesting that Dabo got pilloried for his comments by the national media while those guys got ignored. But as we know the liberal atheists hate Dabo. And unfortunately for you it also shows how irrelevant FSU has become when such comments get ignored given the current political climate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I accidentally TUd this post.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:53 AM

Sorry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Moran***

Jan 12, 2021, 11:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,950
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic