Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So....w-t-frick has happened with Powell this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,564

So....w-t-frick has happened with Powell this year?

Nov 28, 2020, 9:42 PM

Why is he playing like this? He has made a Joe Burrow type improvement from junior to senior year.. Seriously, #####? He was such a disappointment up to this point in his career and alot of us (including me) questioned why he hasnt transferred yet. Powell is playing insanely good, im just wondering why we haven't seen this in him the last 4 years. He dropped a easy TD catch last year against UNC, literally walk in TD type catch your 90 yr old grandmother could of made, thats when i gave up on him and his career at Clemson but good god almighty is he making some eye catching, NFL ready WR type catches this year. What a relief to see after so
many starting WRs being out this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So....w-t-frick has happened with Powell this year?

Nov 28, 2020, 9:45 PM

He wanting that NFL$$$! Plus I believe he just got lost in the shuffle of wr. He’s always been good, just hasn’t been able to display it with the plethora of other WR on the field. Mike Williams was the same way when Nuk and Sammy was on the field.

Nov 28, 2020, 9:58 PM

Powell hasn't gotten lost in the mix, he just hadn't produced. We've been looking for a legit threat at the 2 spot basically since Artavis Scott left. No one's really stepped up and played that spot very well until Powell the last 3 weeks.

Also Mike Williams was never stuck behind Nuk and Sammy. Nuk was gone by the time Mike got on campus and he played a completely different position from Sammy. Mike was behind Bryant as a true freshman and then took over the 9 spot with a 1000 yard receiving season as a sophomore.

Nov 28, 2020, 9:57 PM

If you remember, he could always get open but just had the drops. Now he’s catching everything. Really proud of him and how he has stepped up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2020, 11:27 PM

Honestly, something happened with a light and more so his confidence.

Some of these catches he is making are sick!!

Really really proud and pulling for him as long as he does not pull that UNC basketball bs again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2020, 9:57 PM

If you remember, he could always get open but just had the drops. Now he’s catching everything. Really proud of him and how he has stepped up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2020, 9:59 PM

I'm with you. Gladly eating crow myself. I used to cringe when I saw the ball headed his way. Not now. Really pulling for this kid and what a great story.

Perhaps its the Joe Burrow effect.***

Nov 28, 2020, 10:06 PM

Ostarine ;)***

Nov 28, 2020, 10:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2020, 10:12 PM

1) He is growing up. and has improved his skill sets, and

2) TL16 has few others to throw it to.

Nov 28, 2020, 10:13 PM

He recently stopped pulling for North Carolina.

Some people on Tnet give up on players who make a drop

Nov 28, 2020, 10:53 PM

or two, or fumble once or twice, or for what ever reason don't live up to whatever expectations may be; and people happily pile on the bandwagon criticizing these young players, labeling them in the process. Anything good they do or may have done is ignored or forgotten. Fortunately, these young men are not listening to the peanut gallery on Tnet, and they keep working and grinding, focusing on what matters. Good for Cornell Powell. Sometimes all these guys need is just one more opportunity, or the right situation. Powell looks like a man among boys this year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,564
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic