Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some people seem dumbfounded at the rise in covid19
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

Some people seem dumbfounded at the rise in covid19

Jul 1, 2020, 6:52 PM

Cases around th state. Shocker. Might want to ask all the tigernetters who brag about not wearing masks and doing whatever they choose like its no biggie. And there is alot more like them.

The ones trying to do the right thing are now dealing with more covid, probably a cancelled football season too because of these airheads. Nice job geniuses!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If your death is the cost of my freedom, the price is not too high.

Jul 1, 2020, 7:07 PM

That’s pretty much what I hear from anti-maskers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If your death is the cost of my freedom, the price is not too high.

Jul 1, 2020, 9:48 PM

The freedom not to wear a mask to help protect your fellow Americans is a pretty ########### form of freedom.

Re: Some people seem dumbfounded at the rise in covid19

Jul 1, 2020, 7:10 PM

If I wear a mask then I must be a democrat! So I do not wear one!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 8:21 PM

dumbest logic ever

Jul 1, 2020, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Some people seem dumbfounded at the rise in covid19 ]

SF,

I guess you belong to the Idiot Party, then

No, no, no. Politics today has nothing to do with Our Side vs. Your Side.

Jul 2, 2020, 12:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 1, 2020, 7:13 PM

The actual rise in Covid 19 has nothing to do with social distancing or mask wearing, It's mostly due to the FACT that most of the people catching Covid 19 are young people. The tests are free.and drive up.
Therefore when a young person tests positive they are told to go home and sit by themselves for 14 days. So after about 7 days or until the next Friday or Saturday night they drive to one of those free drive up testing centers to get tested again (may they could be negative.) But when they get tested again, they test positive AGAIN.

Therefore since the testing is free and drive up they get tested multiple times and multiple times they are tested as NEW Covid 19 CASES.

I had am absolutely ok with the testing being free and drive up but you should be required to show a picture ID just like they ask you to do when you vote.

Dear lord. Please stop posting about this. You're only

Jul 1, 2020, 7:27 PM

spreading misinformation. You honestly think that cases are up ACROSS THE ENTIRE SOUTH because "young people," are just deciding to get tested?

You don't think it's because all these southern states were in a rush to open? You think "young people" just decided to start getting tested Memorial Day weekend? And THAT'S the reason for more cases?

I can't believe you know how to operate a computer. Do you have a "young person" do it for you?

Re: Dear lord. Please stop posting about this. You're only

Jul 1, 2020, 7:42 PM

It's MOSTLY because youg people insist on getting tested MULTIPLE TIMES and therefore are reported as NEW CASES. It's actually a COMBINATION of everything you stated and what I stated.

But like MOST LIBERALS you always jump to conclusions.

And before anyone says this should be posted somewhere else remember this Covid 19 spread is DRECTLY PROPORTIONAL to if there will be any football in S.C,

You said the rise in cases had NOTHING to do

Jul 1, 2020, 7:58 PM

with "masks and social distancing." And you're accusing me of playing politics? Come on, man.

Jul 1, 2020, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Dear lord. Please stop posting about this. You're only ]

bill,

Do you have ANY evidence to support this re-testing theory of yours ??

Yeah, that's absolute ########***

Jul 2, 2020, 12:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Dear lord. Please stop posting about this. You're only ]

Re: Yeah, that's absolute ########***

Jul 2, 2020, 9:08 AM

It was so hard to read, it was such nonsense. I just can’t anymore.

Jul 2, 2020, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Dear lord. Please stop posting about this. You're only ]

WOW!

Jul 1, 2020, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Dear lord. Please stop posting about this. You're only ]

Minority communities are way overrepresented in both positive cases and deaths. You know who has higher percentages of minorities? That's right, southern states. Perhaps if they would follow the guidelines, the rest of us wouldn't still be forced to wear masks. Why don't you crawl back under your rock and stop trying to blame the rest of us for their lack of concern?

there is a legitmate question about the number of unique

Jul 2, 2020, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Dear lord. Please stop posting about this. You're only ]

cases. Most people that get a positive result get tested multiple times that can easily drive the number. These positives are being reported by test result, not person.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there is a legitmate question about the number of unique

Jul 2, 2020, 1:10 PM

This is incorrect. It's true that a large portion of the numbers recently have been from younger people, but it's not true that they're counting as multiple positive cases. My friend's 22 year old cousin had it. She took one test which was positive, and 2 weeks later took a 2nd test which was negative which is what cleared her as recovered.

That 2nd test wasn't some random test counted among the negative tests of people who never had it at all. It's not like they test a random people and have no idea who the person is. They keep track of those things. A 2nd positive test would only keep that case open instead of moving that person into the recovered category.

Jul 1, 2020, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Some people seem dumbfounded at the rise in covid19 ]

This is from The State--posted a few hours ago:

"More South Carolinians are being hospitalized as a result of COVID-19, with that figure surpassing 1,000 for the first time on Monday.

On Wednesday, DHEC reported 1,160 of the 7,815 hospital beds in use now are occupied by COVID-19 patients, another new record."

Is this also because "young people" just decided to start getting tested more?

Read, man...it won't hurt. I promise.

Guess what? We had 412 hospitalized

Jul 1, 2020, 7:49 PM

Re: Guess what? We had 412 hospitalized

Jul 2, 2020, 12:49 PM

T3Tiger® said:

due to COVID-19 back when we reopened in May. The free hospital beds has remained about the same because they have added and taken away elective procedures patients as needed.

What he’s saying about the younger people is true. It’s reflected in the data. The age of cases has dropped considerably while the age of death has stayed the same, around 76...2 years before normal life expectancy.

If this was the same situation as back in March, we’d be putting 20-25% of cases or 300+ people per day in the hospital. We are not.

On top of it being younger people, many experts believe the virus has mutated to a less deadly version. On top of that, they have learned a lot about treatments....treatments that don’t involve ventilators.

But that's the problem, we are right back where we were in April and May. The young don't practice social distancing or wear masks. That has to change or our economy will never open back up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Some people seem dumbfounded at the rise in covid19 ]

NO

Jul 2, 2020, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Some people seem dumbfounded at the rise in covid19 ]

billhuds said:

The actual rise in Covid 19 has nothing to do with social distancing or mask wearing, It's mostly due to the FACT that most of the people catching Covid 19 are young people. The tests are free.and drive up.
Therefore when a young person tests positive they are told to go home and sit by themselves for 14 days. So after about 7 days or until the next Friday or Saturday night they drive to one of those free drive up testing centers to get tested again (may they could be negative.) But when they get tested again, they test positive AGAIN.

Therefore since the testing is free and drive up they get tested multiple times and multiple times they are tested as NEW Covid 19 CASES.

I had am absolutely ok with the testing being free and drive up but you should be required to show a picture ID just like they ask you to do when you vote.

You are right, it is a FACT that most new cases are among the young. But that has everthing to do with not wearing masks and not social distancing. Where did you think the young people got it? And what about their parents and grandparents.

People who claim a "right" not to wear a mask need to be introduced to the speeding ticket. You have the freedom to drive as fast as you want, but society has a right to protect itself from your recklessness and pull you over, write you a ticket or take you to jail.

Same thing with masks. You have a right not to wear them, and we have a right to protect ourselves from your recklessness and ask you to wear one. I don't think people should go to jail for not wearing a mask, but I do think they should get a ticket. Our economy CANNOT open back up until the virus is tamped down. Worldwide, the experts agree. Social distancing and wearing masks will prevent the virus from having anywhere to spread, so it dies. It's working in Europe and it can work here.

Jul 1, 2020, 7:15 PM

Or how bout this. I have a 17 and 14 year old I’ve let them go ahead from the get go. They haven’t hugged their grandparents in in months.

One day they will, hopefully..

Jul 1, 2020, 7:33 PM

Just hang in there at least they are not old enough to be 'party animals. Hopefully they can be vaccinated for this by the end of this year. Now we'll have to get 2 shots. One flu and a Covid 19 shot.

Jul 1, 2020, 7:19 PM

You do realize the point of wearing a mask is not to protect yourself but to protect others if you are sick from catching what you have right? Therefore if none of these Tnetters are sick or have been sick please tell me how they are contributing to the “spread of covid”?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2020, 9:28 AM

At my office where we monitor temperatures daily, one department is strongly against being regulated or wearing masks. One asymptomatic person came in without a mask and has spread it to the majority of that department who are all now quarantined at home. The patient zero never had a fever and only minor congestion that they had attributed to allergies. A mask would’ve prevented that.

Jul 1, 2020, 7:21 PM

The percentage of football players that have it, is much greater than SC as a whole. Call Dabo and whine about it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 8:12 PM

It is my belief that the cause of the increase in cases is because of the Memorial Day weekend. Two weeks after that, the cases exploded. You will see the same thing two weeks after the July 4th holiday. Hope I'm wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 8:15 PM

Protest ?

Jul 1, 2020, 8:54 PM

Seemed like not the best timing but you know. The world is coming apart at the seams

Shhhhhhh! We aren't allowed to talk about those.

Jul 2, 2020, 11:06 AM

As long as you protested (rioted,) you were somehow immune.

Nah, there's NO WAY tens of thousands in the streets yelling and aerosolizing droplets into the air possibly caused a rise....it was ONLY people going back to work.

Jul 1, 2020, 8:21 PM

Haven’t seen any people start a thread on here Bragging about not wearing a mask. I have seen you and others get on here and act like tools trying to down talk individuals who choose not to wear one. I will say this for you, you did take a couple days off with out doing so ( hats off to you ). This virus sucks and I hope it goes away and no one else dies from it, however I choose not to be Gullible to the media as to think the numbers are as bad as they say. I listen to the nurses and people that laugh at the numbers that are being giving out.
We all know that you want everyone to wear mask for every and ever, so no need to keep blasting others on here like a weak little man. You wear your mask and enjoy your life, being a tool is not a good look.

Jul 2, 2020, 9:53 AM

So where do these nurses you know work at? How would they know anything about numbers beyond whatever hospital or office they happen to work at?

Jul 2, 2020, 10:35 AM

GHS, Saint Francis and Spartanburg Regional . However the one at Regional is acutely still in School and doing Clinical's there currently. All will tell you the virus is very real obviously and not pleasant for some people and causes Death for some. But all will tell you that the numbers that are being pushed Dailey by the Media and Government are far from reality. None wear mask outside of work except where forced too. Yes I know this does not mean all Nurses and Dr etc feel the same about the numbers or mask, they are humans as well and can be manipulated just like others.

Based on this?

Jul 1, 2020, 8:48 PM

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/05/26/cdc-says-possibly-less-than-half-of-positive-antibody-tests-are-correct/#155f8ef2391b

Re: Based on this?

Jul 1, 2020, 9:01 PM

What do you mean?

Jul 1, 2020, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Based on this? ]

Jul 1, 2020, 11:11 PM

" generally bad science and recommendations " ?

Do tell . Who's supplying you with better information about a matter of public health ?
The rest of us sure would like to have some of that too .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 2, 2020, 12:48 AM

Jul 1, 2020, 9:27 PM

What you fail to realize (as do most younger folks) is that we have to develop immunity by spreading the virus. This has ALWAYS been the case. Remember 15 days to “slow the spread” was to keep hospitals from being overwhelmed. Now we need to keep vulnerable (older and/or with other health issues) safe while younger, healthier people get and recover from Covid-19. Most will not even know they had it. This is how it has always worked and it is the ONLY way it will work now.

There have been 12-13 other coronaviruses and we have no vaccine for any of them. Know why? Because we didn’t shut down the world and people developed immunity quickly. Over the summer it dissipated and work on vaccines ended. We need a good treatment (check out Distributed Bio). Once we have that a vaccine is not necessary. A recent poll found 54% of people wouldn’t take the vaccine anyway. Pass it around healthier people. Treatment. Herd immunity. Those are the plan whether anyone will admit it or not.

Jul 1, 2020, 10:54 PM

Hogwash.

Jul 1, 2020, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Some people seem dumbfounded at the rise in covid19 ]

Ok coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Lord that is some idiotic horse-shit***

Jul 2, 2020, 12:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Some people seem dumbfounded at the rise in covid19 ]

Covid19, the most overhyped & over-politicized germ ever. 1

Jul 2, 2020, 2:04 AM

thousand hospitalizations in a state of 5.1 million. 13 deaths per 100,000 with half of that coming from retirement home incidents. This virus is now weaker than the seasonal flu.

Re: Covid19, the most overhyped & over-politicized germ ever. 1

Jul 2, 2020, 5:28 AM

Weaker than the flu? Really?

Where is your evidence of this? I find that hard to believe.

Re: Covid19, the most overhyped & over-politicized germ ever. 1

Jul 2, 2020, 9:37 AM

Latest CDC estimates are that it has a mortality rate of .26% for the entire population but its far less than that for everyone who isn't of nursing home age. The normal mortality rate associated with the flu is around .1% so, for 90% of the population, Covid is no more deadly than the flu.

Jul 2, 2020, 9:21 AM

People are going to take this statement as racist (anybody who knows me knows I am not) you cannot expect the numbers not to rise with the whole country having controlled protests it should have been expected.

Jul 2, 2020, 10:01 AM

Yeah, people packing beaches, lakes, restaurants, bars, shopping malls, etc... has nothing to do with it. It's all due to that protesting.

There’s plenty of people here that are dumbfounded

Jul 2, 2020, 11:02 AM

In general

I'm just curious - what does the OP wish to accomplish by

Jul 2, 2020, 11:16 AM

bringing up this mask conversation for the millionth time on the TigerNet Football board? At this point do you think anyone is going to change their stance regarding masks? Are you just bored and looking to argue the same stuff that has already been discussed ad nauseum?

Perhaps do us a favor - if you find that you just can't stop yourself and you have to bring this meaningless discussion up yet again on TigerNet - at least post it somewhere other than the football boards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably a self-absorbed millennial who thinks his opinion

Jul 2, 2020, 12:16 PM

is MUCH more important than anyone else's. He probably got bored of annoying his friends on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat, so he decided to crap all over the Tiger Bored(s).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

You deserve so many more TUs***

Jul 2, 2020, 12:29 PM [ in reply to I'm just curious - what does the OP wish to accomplish by ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

that tends to happen during mass rioting and protesting***

Jul 2, 2020, 11:21 AM

Let me throw some simple math at 'ya...

Jul 2, 2020, 12:37 PM

67% of the people who have read your banal post disapprove of it. Perhaps they are tired of your constant berating and condescending attitude. When you consider posting another with the same topic, you probably want to reconsider.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jul 2, 2020, 12:46 PM

Your handle should “Snowflake”. Buck up buttercup. And quit your whining. Cases are not a problem. Deaths are a problem and they are down almost 90% from the peak.

Jul 2, 2020, 1:24 PM

The deaths have dropped, but how do you figure 90%? The daily deaths in the United States was running between 2,000-3,000 at the peak. Yesterday there were 676 deaths in the US, so I'm missing how that comes out to 90%. Also, it's too early to tell what the impact of the increased number of cases will have on deaths. Hopefully the deaths remain down.

In any case however, I'm confused as to how the person wearing a mask while out in public is the snowflake in this situation. Is it really that big of a deal to put on a mask for 5-30 minutes while you're in a store? I'd argue that the person who finds that too much to ask is the one being a snowflake.

Jul 3, 2020, 8:47 AM

Wearing a mask does not qualify you as a Snowflake not does not wearing one. What does is wearing one and looking down upon people that choose not to. Pretty confident that Cornflake walks around with his mask and shakes his missable head and mumbles things to people not wearing mask like a weak puny man. I don’t wear a mask but I don’t think bad of a person that chooses to do so and will say hello and treat them with respect. I also won’t get on here and talk bad about a mask wearer, if I had something to say to one i would not hide behind a keyboard doing so. That’s where the SNOWFLAKE comes into play.

Go out in public

Jul 2, 2020, 12:47 PM

and berate the sans maskers, call them names like idiot, genius, or airhead and see how long you keep a mask on your face.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic