Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some of y'all are just ridiculous.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Some of y'all are just ridiculous.

Sep 11, 2018, 12:23 AM

First, some of you have (ignorantly or intentionally) misrepresented how many run plays were called for Bryant. Some of those were pass plays in which Bryant elected to run.

Some of you have tried to blame Elliott for the run pass mix, when actually Swinney decides whether they run or pass.

Also, you are neglecting to mention that some of those Byant runs were quite effective. He ran for more than 20 yards on one play in the 4th quarter.

I thought the 2nd down run with Bryant when they were trying to run out the clock was a well designed play. Unfortunately the poor play on first down prevented the first down.

And if you really want to whine about everything, why is Scott excluded from your criticism? I think a big, big problem in the game was the lack of a good short yardage passing game. The pass plays in the 4th quarter looked to all be low percentage plays. They really needed higher percentage throws.

And please. Don't think I mean that as a reason to go off on Scott. I'm just not getting this ire toward Elliott.

Last, this coaching staff won a national championship not even 2 years ago. Good God. You people really don't seem to deserve Clemson when you behave like you are right now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some of y'all are just ridiculous.

Sep 11, 2018, 1:03 AM

Pretty much agree with everything you say.

Short yardage passes to Artavis and Renfrow were very effective. They seem to have gone away from that. Plus the jet sweeps worked well at times.

But those coaches got us to the top of the mountain...and we're still there. They know what they're doing.

Sep 11, 2018, 10:55 AM

How is that possible? Artavis is in the NFL and on the disabled list. Could you possibly been referring to Amari Rogers?

Sep 11, 2018, 6:08 PM

I'm aware of the personnel. And when they played. The schemes they used when Scott was here....to him, and also to Renfrow a couple years ago weren't employed...at all, I don't believe...last year and certainly not this year.

The short passes to a back/wideout at the line and let him make the play. I was agreeing with the guy who posted his lament that short passes weren't being used enough. kelley is capable of hitting those.

we just want to win another natty

Sep 11, 2018, 1:08 AM

We are going to need a higher powered offense to take down Bama this year.

Dw4 threw for 400+ against bama twice in a row. We only won 1 of them.

We brought back tons of talent and want to capitalize on the opportunity in front of us. The program has been elevated, with that comes elevated expectations. There's nothing wrong with winning 12 games but we are a title contending program now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: we just want 15-0.

Sep 11, 2018, 1:49 AM

Focus!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: we just want to win another natty

Sep 11, 2018, 1:49 AM [ in reply to we just want to win another natty ]

Every defense will load the box when KB is QB until he proves he can beat them with the deep pass. We would have not beat ATM without KB for sure.

Our offense seems stagnant and we rely on the defense to bail us out.

Success breeds higher expectations; hence, why most

Sep 11, 2018, 4:11 AM

of the comments aren't surprising.

Even back in my days at CU in the 60's, loud arguments were repeatedly ongoing in the tin cans about our program, even after victories. It's typical of fans who crave greater success to strain the brain for improvements on both sides of the ball. Today, we hail Frank Howard. During my day I used to hear a lot of angst over his style of play.

Hence, why I usually give a pass to those fretting over our program unless the fretting becomes obnoxious.

Perspective, my Friends, perspective.......and GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Success breeds higher expectations; hence, why most

Sep 11, 2018, 7:32 AM

Agree wholeheartedly.

It never hurts to re-evaluate yourself and seek to improve because the competition is not sitting still either. If you do not continue to evolve and change in the right ways, you will become a dinosaur. We must keep moving and evolving. We cannot become so stuck in our ways and predictable that we are no longer effective. I call it complacency.

I start with Elliot because we have been told he is in the booth and the main play caller during games. But we should ultimately expect Dabo to fix it. And yes, Jeff Scott bears some of the criticism too as well as Caldwell and his O line.

This cannot be acceptable and Dabo knows that and I trust he will fix it.

Message was edited by: hufferbilly®

Message was edited by: hufferbilly®

problem is your use of we

Sep 11, 2018, 7:55 AM

dabo has to evaluate elliot.
the ad evaluates dabo

we are fans and our job is simple
support the team.

the coaches don't read tnet, you want your opinion heard, call the ad with your iptay number.

rambling on tnet accomplishes nothing but killing time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: problem is your use of we

Sep 11, 2018, 8:27 AM

I will give you that for sure. But if WE did not come on Tnet to have these discussions (just like we would have if we were tailgating or hanging around at a bar or get together), then Tnet would not be needed.

So why get upset at folks who want to banter about such matters?

And here is the thing, you can say that certain folks don’t read Tnet, but in some shape, form or fashion, when a topic on Tnet is hot enough and consistent enough, it gets back to the coaches. Either the media ask questions pertaining to it or the AD or a board member mentions the topic (not Tnet per se) or someone associated with or friends with any of the above brings up the topic and makes certain points they read on Tnet. So while it may not get back directly, the rumblings from the fan base do make it back in some manner.

Now whether anyone lets it effect their decision making or how they are thinking about things is another matter altogether. But rest assured, it does seep back to them in some form or fashion. Even news folks writing articles read Tnet and reflect certain points made on here.

You get the point. ??

nonsense. .we'd post about the latest pic

Sep 11, 2018, 9:14 AM

of scantily clad wimminz

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: problem is your use of we

Sep 11, 2018, 8:44 AM [ in reply to problem is your use of we ]

Well the coaches seem to know what fans are saying at times so maybe they read it more than we think.

or..they hear it from the media..who are on these

Sep 11, 2018, 9:42 AM

boards.

do you think any competent coach would ever seek advice from random people on anonymous message boards.

90% of the people here don't even donate to iptay.

Sep 11, 2018, 7:36 AM

I so agree. These that complain all the time need to get on the field and see what they can do. We got the win. GO TIGERS !!!!!

Sep 11, 2018, 7:43 AM

Just a note, it is interesting how supposedly some fans shouldn't discuss their feeling that the play calling needs to improve, directly after Swinney himself just said it.

"As far as play-calling, we always do everything we can to win the game. Part of it was we weren't as efficient as we needed to be to stay on schedule. 59 offensive plays (not good). Room to improve for all of us, including coaches. "

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Sunday-Night-Update-Swinney-talks-playcalling-injuries-and-play-of-offensive-line-17203#ixzz5QnBRYD1E

Sep 11, 2018, 8:33 AM

Folks were posting about it BEFORE he had time to review the film and make an informed statement. Many have rewatched the game 2 or 3 times by now. He didn’t have that luxury until Sunday, so it stands to reason he would wait to say this until Monday.

And he is bluntly stating the obvious, which some coaches may try to soften it. Kudos to Dabo for just telling it like it is. And him acknowledging it tells me he will be watching it like a hawk now. No more blind trust. It is going to be more of a trust, but verify climate for the O coordinators and the O line from here on out. They are on notice. ??

it is interesting how supposedly some fans shouldn't discuss their

Sep 11, 2018, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Some of y'all are just ridiculous. ]

feeling about fans discussing their feelngs ..

if..i say if...
the ad , coaches, and players are open for criticism for poor performance then the fans are as well.

Yep...

Sep 11, 2018, 9:58 AM

Funny how that works that you complain about people complaining....how ironic and hypocritical.

Maybe you should ask the coaches what they think and go by the coaches exact word and not question them...oh wait...It's right up there. Dabo thinks the play calling needs to be corrected. Hmmm...according to you and your croonies, shouldn't we not question the coaches, and go with what Dabo thinks? Or did that change when it's not about KB?

I don't think you understand what hypocrisy means

Sep 11, 2018, 10:13 AM

I have no objections to people critizing me. I don't whine about it. you criticise the players and coaches, I criticize you, you crticize me..and when we die our bodies go Into the earth so the antelopes can eat. it's the circle of life.

I fully admit I'm a 2 bit nobody with 2 bit nobody opinions. Not 1 thing I post here has any affect on clemson athletics.

my iptay donation and attendance are my contributions to Clemson athletics. .

Re: I don't think you understand what hypocrisy means

Sep 11, 2018, 10:37 AM

dude.. after clemson beat bama there were some

Sep 11, 2018, 7:50 AM

Bama fans wanting saban fired.

fans are stupid and do not live in reality

Re: dude.. after clemson beat bama there were some

Sep 11, 2018, 8:35 AM

Correction: SOME fans are stupid... not all ??

And I agree!

Sep 11, 2018, 8:17 AM

"And please. Don't think I mean that as a reason to go off on Scott. "

And yet, you managed to insert your list of weaknesses that Scott might have or that you disagree on.

Some of y'all...

:) Carry on

DW was able to overcome bad playcalling. He's a once in a

Sep 11, 2018, 9:27 AM

lifetime talent.

Also man our playcalling system sounds really overcomplicated. No wonder it ends up being so bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is Tigernet - pretty much everyone is ridiculous - that

Sep 11, 2018, 9:37 AM

is the point (at least I hope it is - because if some of you are actually serious I am a little afraid to be here)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Dabo decides if we pass or run? You mean during the game?

Sep 11, 2018, 10:11 AM

How do you know this?

Seems like an odd responsibility for the head coach during the game. I would think the OC’s coordinate the plays together in real time. Maybe you mean Dabo signs off on a strategy before the game?

null

Sep 11, 2018, 11:19 AM

I agree in having higher percentage passes, but why do they always have to be out on the perimeter? A&M utilized the back and slot receiver/tight end to upend our defense. Why can’t we do the same to other defenses.

With defenses wanting to load the box and blitz KB/TL this leaves a void in the MIDDLE of the field, yet our OC’s have yet to exploit that. I’ve only been an OC at the high school and Jr college levels, but this is so obvious to me, why can’t they (Elliott/Scott) see what I am seeing and take advantage of it?

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic