Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Burrow is a system QB if I have ever seen one.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Burrow is a system QB if I have ever seen one.

Dec 31, 2019, 11:11 AM

Convince me otherwise.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So...are you saying...

Dec 31, 2019, 11:16 AM

you don't think Burrow will be a successful NFL QB?

Most "system QB's" aren't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: So...are you saying...

Dec 31, 2019, 11:21 AM

He's plenty big and has a big time arm. Seems to move pretty well. I don't know, looks NFL ready to me. But what do I know? I honestly didn't think Action Jackson would be a good enough thrower for Sundays. Sometimes, great college qbs don't make it and lesser ones become terrific NFL stars.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 11:35 AM [ in reply to So...are you saying... ]

Try telling that to Tom Brady!

Notice I said "most" not "all"***

Dec 31, 2019, 12:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 31, 2019, 11:36 AM [ in reply to So...are you saying... ]

Whatever...the system works.

Joe’s stance is revealing

Dec 31, 2019, 11:19 AM

Body language experts say the way he holds his jersey collar during interviews displays hidden feelings;

Body Language Category: Arousal, Lying or deceptive body language or dishonesty Nervous, Stressful body language, Nervous energy.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joe’s stance is revealing

Dec 31, 2019, 11:22 AM

And your conclusion Doctor?

Dec 31, 2019, 11:28 AM

He’s showing “false bravado” playing the part of “Super Heisman QB” while he’s really fearful of being exposed by Clemson D in the Natty.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These pictures show some definite problems.

Dec 31, 2019, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Joe’s stance is revealing ]

Dec 31, 2019, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Joe’s stance is revealing ]

Have you not seen Trevor hold his pads in exactly the same way ??

What did he do Last Yr? Or while at OSU?

Dec 31, 2019, 12:36 PM

When I ask what he did prior to Joseph Brady arriving - I say: "yes, he is a system QB"! But, was he just in bad offenses?

To me, it's hard to say. Heck of a system they have for sure. If the next LSU QB has similar stats the NFL team who picked him might be regretting picking him.

Most QB's if put in the right "SYSTEM" will do well. And, if they are working with people who know how to effectively communicate what they need to do in order to be successful. If you have that - sky is the limit for most. As the QB and WR know where they are going and the defense has to react.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't care...

Dec 31, 2019, 11:24 AM

...as long as Clemson wins the NCG.

Re: I don't care...

Dec 31, 2019, 11:30 AM

Me either. I could care less if he is the next coming in the NFL. I don't watch that crap. At all. I would rather see a good episode of Barrett-Jackson auto auction that watch an NFL game. Stand for the pledge and support our country or get the hell out.

Re: Burrow is a system QB if I have ever seen one.

Dec 31, 2019, 11:44 AM

I think you are right and wrong.

You are right in that he is successful in a spread tempo system, and he was less successful in a more traditional offense.

His “system” though, is changing the call before the snap and sometimes even after the snap. And when the play breaks down, he has an almost symbiotic relationship with his receivers that gets them in the right place after he eluded pressure. Just watch the play we call Joe 3:17 against Texas, or that completion after slipping three tackles against Okie. Or watch him walking off the field while the ball is in the air because he knows he scored.

Lawrence is an amazing QB. Burrow is too. I am very sure your coaching staff isn’t underestimating him. I’m certain we are not underrating Lawrence.

He's impressed the heck out of me this season, which

Dec 31, 2019, 11:54 AM

for Joe has been a personal triumph after his transfer, I'm sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That completion again OU was a great escape, but he

Dec 31, 2019, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Burrow is a system QB if I have ever seen one. ]

just threw that ball up...happened to land in the receivers lap. The ball almost hit the #### roof.

Put Burrow on any other team in the country and he is still a top 10 QB most likely. But no where near the gaudy numbers. Unless Mike Leach is the coach. Put Lawrence on any other team in the country and he is still the best QB in the country. It isn't even close.

I have a ton of respect for what LSU has accomplished this year. And we may very well lose this game. Wouldn't surprise me and I wouldn't be ashamed. But Burrow is a flash in the pan that threw for 57% last season and couldn't beat out Tate Martell at OSU. He struck gold with Brady and an incredibly talented OL.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Burrow is a system QB if I have ever seen one.

Dec 31, 2019, 12:28 PM

Well, from what I can see, its a hell of a system.

BTW, I couldn't give a ratsass if Joe makes it in the NFL. We've got to beat him in college.

Every QB plays in a system

Dec 31, 2019, 12:34 PM

But if you think he's like a Mike Leech air raid guy that's just putting up huge yards because he's throwing 50-60 times a game, you are sadly mistaken.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic