Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Cornell Powell reflects on recent success, records: "I am having a blast”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: Cornell Powell reflects on recent success, records: "I am having a blast”

Nov 30, 2020, 5:01 PM

Cornell Powell reflects on recent success, records: "I am having a blast”

Cornell Powell walks a little taller these days, his smile is a little brighter, and the smack talk delivered to opposing defensive backs has a little more of an edge. Cornell Powell is having fun. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So would you come back for another year if you're Powell?

Nov 30, 2020, 5:04 PM

I know they get a covid redshirt for this year and He was one of DJU's favorite targets. He could be a stud next season. Then again... if you end the year with a boom and really show that you're the best WR on the team then you might get more bump in the draft this year. BC next year you'll have to contend with Williams, Ross, Ngata, Ladson for touches. I gotta feeling its this year that he'll move on.

Re: So would you come back for another year if you're Powell?

Nov 30, 2020, 5:14 PM

I think it depends on the NFL grade he gets. Most likely though he will move on

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 5:30 PM

74TIGER said:

I think it depends on the NFL grade he gets. Most likely though he will move on

5th year senior - better strike while the iron is hot!

Cornel Powell is such a Dabo and staff story! He waited and waited and waited his turn. Didn't quit. Didn't leave. Kept working and now is out there making plays - giving himself good film for an NFL franchise to consider!
That's the charterer Clemson recruits shining through!

I wish him nothing but success! We really needed his contribution as the young WR's were not ready! Sports often imitates life doesn't it? Not perfectly, of course. But, you can learn some valuable life long lessons in sports. Like perseverance. Grit. Determination. Hoping the young guys don't wait that long to come around! Hoping we finally get to see what Joseph Ngata is all about - the real Ngata. Same for Ladson!

I personally think EJ Williams has planted himself ahead of the rest with his play. Not just because the others are out.

Congrats to CP!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 9:20 PM

You said it perfectly.

Selfishly, I would love to have him back. However, his best interest is most important. If it helps himthe most to go, then fly like the wind brotha! Fly!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 5:57 PM [ in reply to So would you come back for another year if you're Powell? ]

Love this guy. Glad he stuck with it.

Re: TNET: Cornell Powell reflects on recent success, records: "I am having a blast”

Nov 30, 2020, 5:36 PM

Powell has proven to me and the rest of the world that he has what it takes and then some!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Cornell Powell reflects on recent success, records: "I am having a blast”

Nov 30, 2020, 9:21 PM

Yep. Yes he has...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 6:19 PM

Love C. Powell's chances as a mid-round selection - he's a perfect candidate for Senior Bowl if they stage one this year. Speed and Combine will matter for Powell. Whoever selects TL16 should also consider Powell and Rodgers based upon their draft grades.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 6:34 PM

I know I doubted you for the last couple of years, but you have stepped up in your play
and leadership. Wishing you continued success in the future.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 6:38 PM

Whatever you decide CP, you are the best of Clemson. Even if you did rock a UNC shirt ??

I admire your dedication and service as a Clemson man. I wish you the best and can’t wait to see you shine in the NFL!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice goin #17

Nov 30, 2020, 8:15 PM

Now go get another 100 this weekend!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 8:33 PM

I am having a blast watching you, Cornell! I wish only the best for you now, and in your promising future! #GoTigers!

The biggest take from this article

Nov 30, 2020, 10:14 PM

is his meekness and bringing attention to everyone else around him and mostly God who has directed his path and given him the ability and talent! Most impressive! Great job CP on and off the field! Keep that humility and become larger than life!

Go Tigers!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic