Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So with the Papa John's politically incorrect implosion..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

So with the Papa John's politically incorrect implosion..

Jul 12, 2018, 5:36 PM
Petrino.jpg(132.7 K)

L'Ville will no doubt ditch them as a stadium sponsor. Unless they really need the $$ and can't find a similar deal... I think "Papa Petrino Harley Davidson Stadium " works. Attached is an idea for the 60' tall banner to attach to the stadium

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So with the Papa John's politically incorrect implosion..

Jul 12, 2018, 5:39 PM

They might one up the coots and go 80 foot with his shirt off!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Don't forgit Coach Booby's Halloween

Jul 12, 2018, 5:47 PM

Injury make-up--ketchup, eye patch, Sharpie stitch marks, etc.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2018, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: So with the Papa John's politically incorrect implosion.. ]

His comments have no place in our society but as long as words exist people will say them because of feelings being hurt or an inside anger and then others get angry. At some point as a society we will have to learn to love and to forgive and grow.

The craziest thing is he was in training for dealing with the media when He said this, why would they use a real situation if it was training? They knew he had a problem, why even let him speak and lose the company 150 million in a day.

I’ll be surprised if they drop them after he resigned as chairman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 12, 2018, 5:53 PM

Saw some football players want it renamed to Muhammad Ali stadium, go figure.

Jul 12, 2018, 6:02 PM

"I ain't got nothing against no Viet Cong"....M. Ali

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why? He’s no longer CEO of Papa Johns.

Jul 12, 2018, 6:23 PM

The stadium is named after the company not the man.

Re: Why? He’s no longer CEO of Papa Johns.

Jul 12, 2018, 6:27 PM

That name represents a person too, who in the eyes of this politically correct world now is now poison. I don't agree with it.

Jul 12, 2018, 6:31 PM

His home town removed his name from a gym and there hall of fame. You would think he Bill Cosby'd someone or murdered some one. He made an insensitive remark and now he is damaged goods. I'm sure Peyton still got his back.

Jul 12, 2018, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Why? He’s no longer CEO of Papa Johns. ]

Crazy how it is said in most Rap songs with no problem, but soon as a public figure says it. All Hell brakes loose.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't believe still say this while being 100% serious***

Jul 12, 2018, 6:42 PM

Re: I can't believe still say this while being 100% serious***

Jul 12, 2018, 10:22 PM

It’s true

Jul 12, 2018, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Why? He’s no longer CEO of Papa Johns. ]

Well that’s just stupid. Do they not teach The nursery rhymes sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me anymore?

"Politically correct" means don't say racist stuff.

Jul 12, 2018, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Why? He’s no longer CEO of Papa Johns. ]

Thanks for confirming.

Re: "Politically correct" means don't say racist stuff.

Jul 13, 2018, 8:48 AM

It really doesnt matter. These days someone gets offended by what you say, dont say, might have thought about saying or might not have thought about saying. We're going to find something to whine about. A nation of that and it is not flattering

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am glad you can't be a racist, xenophobic, misogynistic

Jul 13, 2018, 9:13 AM

religious bigot without ramifications any longer.

Glad people are finally calling out bad behavior and shaming it as it deserves.

Re: I am glad you can't be a racist, xenophobic, misogynistic

Jul 13, 2018, 10:03 AM

Then I guess in fair play, people should quit whining that Kaepernick should get his job back or some black owned franchise should hire him...considering:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/11574968/lamarr-houston-confirms-colin-kaepernick-used-n-word-chicago-bears-win-san-francisco-49ers

Or does it not work that way when you are mixed, though raised by 2 white parents? I guess beyond a fine, some do get away with it.... Enough to become the poster boy for kneeling.

I would prefer that nobody use the word, but it's hard to

Jul 13, 2018, 10:15 AM

argue that African Americans who do are racist. As Houston pointed out in the article you posted, he wasn't offended by it.

Teams aren't hiring Kapernick because white fans don't like him, not because you think he's racist against African Americans.

Re: I would prefer that nobody use the word, but it's hard to

Jul 13, 2018, 10:36 AM

And that's the irony... He's not African American... He's mixed. Has as much white blood in him as he does black...and was raised by 2 white parents in a white culture. It's a bit different for him. But he gets a pass by African Americans for having some black in his DNA?

Yeah, that don't cut it... He said it and he's still and will always be part white, raised in a white culture by white foster parents... Should be held to the same standard by African Americans as Mr John is. He didn't just lose his half white DNA/upbringing status by having darker skin and an afro. He of all people should be sensitive to both sides... And not be using that word period, especially if he's standing up for, or should I say kneeling, for racial injustices.

Jul 13, 2018, 12:55 PM

Look, I don't wanna bust anybody's bubble, but we're pretty much all mutts at this point.

There's been a whole lotta "race-mixin'" going on since pretty much the beginning of recorded time. Always makes me chuckle some when you see tapes of some Grand Wizard of the KKK thundering on about "racial purity"...it's like: dude, that's a fine head of dark hair you got there, sir....

The Moorish invasions of Spain and Sicily a couple thousand years ago? Well, African blood got into the Spanish and Sicilian bloodlines...and those folks then intermingled with all the other Europeans. The Ottoman conquests mixed it up still more. Somewhere in there along came the Mongols and their Asian blood...even those promoters of the Great Aryan Ideal, the Nazis, averaged about 20% Asian, like all the Germans.

African slaves in America interbred with their white slaveowners far more often than anyone would care to admit.

The average black person in America, by ancestry, averages about 40% "white".

Less known is that the average white person in America, by ancestry, is probably close to 10% black. Plus if you have that German ancestry, you've got some Asian blood in there too...

That particular horse has been out of the barn for a few thousand years now, whatever. The whole idea of race, actually, is increasingly artificial. The most genetically unmixed ethnic group are probably the Aborigines in Australia because they were so isolated, but even that's changing in the modern day and age. DNA tells a much more exact story...and your genetic twin can be someone of any race...or any gender, for that matter.

FWIW.

Don't be

Jul 13, 2018, 1:17 PM

Inconvenient! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2018, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I would prefer that nobody use the word, but it's hard to ]

100% correct sir! Maybe speak about the Wormian ice age to show how causasians lost their pigmentation over thousands of years....... in this world, especially our country, any melanated blood in you results as a non caucasian, so as the poster posted above about CK being half white, society doesn't see it that way, and obviously he doesn't either.........you're speaking the real history, not what's been fed to us over the years

Jul 12, 2018, 6:47 PM

Honestly I used to love papa johns pizza. It was my go to food when I was in college. But in the last 7 years, I stopped eating their pizza when they made you pay for the peppers and stopped Including the butter sauce. Also they cut down on the size of the pizza and how much toppings they gave. In my opinion, Papa johns pizza sucks today. Give me little ceasars any day.

Message was edited by: DirtyTiger2000

It's obvious...

Jul 12, 2018, 9:35 PM

that most comments here are about what people "think" he said. When you read the whole transcript it's a non story. But once he voiced his opinion about kneeling, he became a target.... just like anyone that has an opinion right of unhinged...I hope he becomes even more popular, like when the snowflakes tried to target chick fil a...Football season already! The attack media news is exhausting.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's obvious...

Jul 13, 2018, 12:21 AM

So the persons who use the "n" word get a free pass, but the ones who discuss its use lose all their good reputations because the PC crowd quixotically pretends that nobody should admit it has ever been used.

Have we ever --not Dabo but us--disavowed Jadar Johnson's rap-style use of the word prior to our beatdown of USC in 2016? According to Kornblut, USuC's Bryson Allen Williams provoked the altercation, but Jadar told him to take his "n" back where it belonged. (BAW claimed it was probably a white lineman.)
So does Jadar deserve his reputation to be trashed, too, or does that only apply to successful conservative businessmen?

And am i going to be TDed for admitting that a Clemson player said something so disrespectful?

Jadar was not the CEO of a huge corporation

Jul 13, 2018, 1:46 AM

Say something stupid in a high stakes position (like CEO), deal with the consequences. If they kept him, there would have been fallout for the company. It's almost like they knew their customers would be ticked.

It's just the market at work. This will limit the damage and get someone less volatile in place. Kudos to the board for making a good decision.

Re: CEO of a huge corporation

Jul 13, 2018, 2:42 AM

So do you even know what he said? Do you consider the fact that you don't, but your mind is made up about his punishment, to be a real problem? I do. I consider it a cheapening of the national discourse, in spite of the Quixotes who want to purge it.

My daughter is the HR for a large corp, with a Master's in HR Law. I was discussing this with her tonight.

While she doesn't disagree with the fallout from this--to a prejudiced public, perception is everything--she agrees with me that a conference call is a poor format for PR or HR training. The number of unknown listeners, the number of persons who can (and did) interrupt the free exchange of information makes a conference call a minefield.

If they legitimately wanted their CEO to "pass" this exercise, they should have gone into a conference room with no one but loyalists and locked the door until they had coached him into passing.

I am neutral on Papa John's. I don't like that social activism is now considered to be part of the "market" but how else would we categorize it? But i regret the cheapening of our national discourse when a guy who didn't even use the "x" word pays for it as though he coined it.

Re: CEO of a huge corporation

Jul 13, 2018, 10:35 AM

yeah you would think training would be face to face. But then these days somebody always leaks something from meeting whether true or not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2018, 10:11 PM

He actually has the naming rights to the stadium and not papa johns. He holds the right to change the name if he leaves papa johns. No doubt the name of the stadium will be changing.

Jul 13, 2018, 3:37 AM

Social media chasers, political correctness police, crucifixion of whites for singing lyrics aloud to a song that has certain words, extreme liberals pushing agendas, media clickbait artists, etc., have all learned they can drive their "Likes", "Hits", or whatever but all this is doing is increasing the rate of "Pussification of America!". I am so tired of this trend and I am really worried about where we will be in 10yrs!!

Everyone makes mistakes, period! I will be the first to admit that I am not an eloquent speaker and have struggled to find the right words in conversations in the past. But if at that point if the PC police extracted that particular phrase and threw it out publically portraying it out of context, I could have been perceived as a giant hipocrytical doooshbag! Can't even type correct spelling of doooosh!

That said, I really hope this trend changes soon as it creates even further divisiveness among the population! Philanthropic people will stop using their resources for the good of needy for fear of social media driven drama! It will drive people away from the public eye even those who only want the best!

Message was edited by: TigerBigBass

Jul 13, 2018, 10:20 AM

Just throwing this out there, but I think the world would be a better place with a few more #######. ?????
You don't have to judge your self worth on a percieved level of manliness and pointless #### swinging contests, but instead on how you treat others.
Also, you #### well better be an eloquent speaker if you're the CEO of a company in the public eye. It's not like refraining from using the N-word is some kind of new rule.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2018, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: So with the Papa John's politically incorrect implosion.. ]

The only divisiveness that is being created is by people like you who constantly defend the idiocy of others for saying stupid, racist, and intolerant things.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2018, 6:20 AM

I never liked the whole sponsorship named stadiums thing in CFB , aside from the financial advantages it gives school's that choose to do so , it cheapens the experience as far as I am concerned . A stadium named for a chain of pizza restaurants or any other product or service is utterly distasteful in my opinion .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 13, 2018, 9:48 AM

Harrumph!!

Jul 13, 2018, 6:21 AM

I never liked the whole sponsorship named stadiums thing in CFB , aside from the financial advantages it gives school's that choose to do so , it cheapens the experience as far as I am concerned . A stadium named for a chain of pizza restaurants or any other product or service is utterly distasteful in my opinion .

DB23

Rename: Pop-A-Wheely Stadium

Jul 13, 2018, 9:57 AM

Works on numerous levels...yet names no one, outright.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rename: Pop-A-Wheely Stadium

Jul 13, 2018, 10:36 AM

offer free admission for attractive volleyball players too

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic