Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, what if the Texans refuse to trade Watson,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

So, what if the Texans refuse to trade Watson,

Feb 7, 2021, 12:18 PM

Watson clearly wants to go to another team. Word is that the Texans have run that franchise into the ground and it’s been a mess for years. They seem to care more about making money than winning. Deshaun wants to win. Can they make him stay and play. Would he play for a team that he’s not “All In” for?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, what if the Texans refuse to trade Watson,

Feb 7, 2021, 12:28 PM

If he plays there again, he will be injured because of lack of protection. I believe the Texans are saying that to drive up the price for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he isn’t traded he can sit out. He’ll eventually get the

Feb 7, 2021, 1:23 PM

trade he wants.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

If he doesn't report, it's 50K a day and the new CBA doesn't

Feb 7, 2021, 2:20 PM

allow teams to give that $ back like in days past...He will also have to give back 1/16 of his signing bonus for every game he misses, it will cost him millions to sit a year and he won't recoup that money

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If he isn’t traded he can sit out. He’ll eventually get the

Feb 7, 2021, 5:47 PM [ in reply to If he isn’t traded he can sit out. He’ll eventually get the ]

He violates his contract if he sits out, and they won't have to pay him if he does that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If he isn’t traded he can sit out. He’ll eventually get the

Feb 7, 2021, 6:12 PM

Of course he won't be paid. But if he has been smart . and I do mean if . .he can wait them out. How long could you last on the salary he has already made?

Feb 7, 2021, 2:36 PM

This is going to be unpopular. Watson should play if not traded. He is making lots of money to do what he loves. He signed the contract. We should all be so lucky to do what we love the most and make millions doing it.

Feb 7, 2021, 5:57 PM

DW went to the Texan with an understanding that they would do what's right by him, and they have never owned up to that. That made promises to him when they renegotiated his contract, and they flat out lied about that. When the trust value breaks down with the way that it has with DW4, and the Texans, there is no way it will work out now with DW4, and the Texans, and everybody within that franchise knows that!!! They are just trying to get the max from another team in making a trade for DW4, and the Texans know what they have, and how much DW4 is worth....

I don’t pay much attention so feel free to correct me, but painting

Feb 7, 2021, 3:04 PM

The Texans leadership as “only caring about money” and DW as caring about winning rings a bit hollow after he signs a nearly $40 MM per year contract. Was he offered $50 MM and said “No thanks, I’ll be able to provide for a family on just $40 MM per year...go out and use the extra $10 MM on some other key positions”?

It looks like he got the most money he could get for himself in that deal. Is that inaccurate?

null

I just don’t see anyway that

Feb 7, 2021, 3:24 PM

Pro sports can allow the star players to run the organization. My feeling is if you sign a contract for
Millions of dollars you are obligated to do when you are paid to do to help the team be successful. Unless there is a clause in your contract that allows you make managerial decisions you should honor your contract.

As a young man I idolized Ted Williams. Ted was the highest paid player in MLB at $100,000/yearly. He never played on a championship caliber team. If he had refused to play for the Red Sox if they didn’t meet his criteria for players and coaches he would have been forced out of the league. A lot of changes have been made in pro sports and many are very dramatic. Watson is adored by his teammates and fans. The people of Houston idolize him. The management at Houston apparently is lacking in many ways. It’s not Watsons job to fix the organization. They have shown that they want him ..,, in millions of ways! You don’t run out on your team because they aren’t winning. Now blast away!

Re: I just don’t see anyway that

Feb 7, 2021, 3:59 PM

Teams can currently cut a player and no longer be obligated to pay the contract that they signed. It should go both ways

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2021, 4:14 PM [ in reply to I just don’t see anyway that ]

I do understand that “It is what it is”, and if they refuse to trade him, he’s got to make the most of it and play. Yes, he’s getting paid a lot of money and he signed the contract. I think everyone on TigerNet can agree that he has pretty much no support on that team, though. They’ve traded away his receivers, his offensive line is garbage, and it’ll be a miracle if he makes it through the next two years there without injury. The team and the fans expect him to make plays, but how does he when they’ve stripped him of playmakers and protection? It is a bad situation. He wants out and I think he’d take less money to get out.
The Texans should just let him go, work out some good trade deals, and get a QB who wants to be there.

Not having a great support staff

Feb 7, 2021, 4:21 PM

Is a problem that most EVERY team has. What QB wouldn’t want pro bowl receivers and offensive linemen to help them win? Is that reason for all QBs to demand they be traded?

How would you look at this situation if DW was a former gamecock and was making these demands???

Re: Not having a great support staff

Feb 7, 2021, 5:11 PM

If I’d seen the said former gamecock running for his life during games and there was #### show of coaching and management going on like there is with the Texans, I wouldn’t blame him! I did say if he can’t be traded, he should play. Really doesn’t seem to have any choice.
Teams cut players all the time and conveniently release them when it’s no longer profitable, yet players are the bad seeds when they try to leave. Double standard. It’s no longer your daddy’s NFL and players have more of a voice in their careers. Some of you old farts don’t like that. The NFL chews these guys up and spits them out when they’re no longer healthy. Most players have around 5-10 years. And y’all feel bad for the multi-millionaire and billionaire owners. SMH

Feb 7, 2021, 6:07 PM [ in reply to I just don’t see anyway that ]

I don't DW4 is trying to run the Texan franchise, he only wanted what they lied about giving him, and he don't trust management any longer. The Texans screwed that up, DW4 couldn't make them stand by there word, but in the same sense, they can't make him like what they done, and they can't make him trust another word that comes out their mouth bc, to DW4, they are totally untrustworthy, and he don't want to play for them any longer, and I personally don't blame him. A person/team is only as good as their word/promises, they have proven to DW4 that their words are empty, meaningless, and he feels betrayed by the same folks he felt he could trust. Their relationship is dead, and all concerned will be better off once their dealings with each other has ended, period!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

Feb 7, 2021, 4:16 PM

Lol

Feb 7, 2021, 5:45 PM

As I've mentioned a couple of weeks ago, if they don't release, he should show up for practice and make it clear to who ever is the OC, that he will not be involved in anymore QB run plays, and tell them that he is the QB, not their RB. During practice and games, never take another hit from a defensive player from any team. If the O line can't hold up long enough to get a pass off, just throw the before a defensive player gets close enough to make a tackle/sack.

No sense in risking injury with a team that has refused, or neglected to put together an O L that can protect him for more than a couple of seconds. Tell all his teammates that He won't be risking his health by taking punishment ever again for a team that has proven without any doubts they don't care about his health, or whether his career ended with his next play. They would have to pay him, bench him, or trade him.

Also make it clear with his teammates, that he will give 100% as long as 100% don't ever put him at risk of injury with any play called by the OC. And if they still refuse to trade him, start completing more Ints to opponents, than completions to his receivers!!! He should make his game as safe as possible for himself for when he gets to somewhere other than the Texans!!! But he has to show up, and he has to play for him to continue to get paid. No show up, No play, No practice, NO pay, and it is that simple!!!

Feb 7, 2021, 6:14 PM

They even have fired the equipment people . .total purging. It has several players upset. So, this is a strange situation.

All I know

Feb 7, 2021, 6:28 PM

is that he needs to get out! his number 1 weapon (will Fuller) will not come back to that trash organization. who is left after that? keke coutee? lmao!

I think he played his ### off this year simply to showcase his skills to would be suitors. not to help the texans win, and I dont blame him. If you guys recall, he sent out some pretty cryptic texts after they traded nuk. so I think this has been going on for a good little while

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic