Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
List of platforms that have banned Trump. Kind of funny.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

List of platforms that have banned Trump. Kind of funny.

Jan 9, 2021, 3:16 PM

https://www.axios.com/platforms-social-media-ban-restrict-trump-d9e44f3c-8366-4ba9-a8a1-7f3114f920f1.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's as if they have a monopoly on social media.

Jan 9, 2021, 3:29 PM

It's as if we don't have antitrust laws. I'm not talking about one guy, I'm talking about the 88 million people who followed him. I don't do twitter or anything but Tnet but what about those who wanted to hear what Trump had to say? Fuckthem? Really, Mao?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's as if they have a monopoly on social media.

Jan 9, 2021, 3:33 PM

Yeah they are private companies and they don't want a traitor promoting violence on their platforms. Believe me, they would have preferred to keep him. They ban scumbags all of the time, whether liberal or conservative.

So what happens when they ban moderates?

Jan 9, 2021, 4:36 PM

They purged twitter, facebook and youtube yesterday. You think 'Hey, I'm on your side,' ever worked in NAZI Germany, The USSR, NOKO or China?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So what happens when they ban moderates?

Jan 9, 2021, 4:37 PM

You're really ####### dumb.

Jan 9, 2021, 4:42 PM [ in reply to So what happens when they ban moderates? ]

They won't ban anyone that isn't out of control. Trump was on there for years. It came down to the insurrection he created. Look at Trump's followers on Twitter. There are tons of conservatives. It's not about being conservative or liberal. Sean Hannity is on there. Rush Limbaugh was on there. I don't think you get the issue.

Jan 9, 2021, 7:58 PM [ in reply to So what happens when they ban moderates? ]

Look, Twitter, Facebook, etc. are in the business of making money. The more people on their sites - the more money they make. Trump and some other lying extremists are causing so much social damage, that this guys have decided to make a little less money for a while (granted they have oodles already) to keep the whole shittshow from going down the toilet.

We may all need to discuss how we can control damaging misinformation going forward, but right now let's put out a few of the fires tight in front of us.

Jan 9, 2021, 9:38 PM

You all are pathetically biased and ignorant. Those companies are monopolies and you are full of chit if you don't admit it. Keep playing dumb and pretending these private companies are being fair and balanced. I hope you are among the first to highly regret your ignorance at some point in the future.

Jan 10, 2021, 10:07 AM

NC,

First of all "those companies" are competitors so i don't think monopoly is the concept you are looking for.

Secondly there are a large number of social media platforms out there, so there is even more opportunity for competition.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/248074/most-popular-us-social-networking-apps-ranked-by-audience/

Thirdly, I can agree that the sites I mentioned dominate the market - and perhaps we might all be better off with a more equitable competition among them. But that is an issue other than the one I think is central here.

These companies are just that - companies. And they do not want to be associated with the anti-democratic violence that they witnessed this week - nor the misinformation and inflammatory language that preceded and accompanied it. Any company has the right to distance itself from any associate who they think brings them into disrepute.

The unusual circumstance here is that the nature of social media platforms connects them with millions of "associates" many of whom have come to think of these platforms as a public good belonging to all of us. At the current time, they are not. Perhaps an argument can be made that they should be treated and regulated in this way going forward, but right now they are not.

Facebook, twitter, et al do NOT want to be associated with what happened in DC this week. And they certainly do not want to be responsible for any possible future escalation of this kind of violence. So they are trying to distance themselves from this anti-democratic reactionaries in the only way that they can - by suspending their accounts or adding warning labels to questionable claims.

The dissemination and believing of misinformation is the greatest single, long-term threat to our American democracy. The people cannot govern themselves when empirical evidence and rational thinking are subsumed by unfounded innuendo, suspicion, and rumor.

It seems to me that we should be able to agree on what is factual and what is not. THEN, we can have a healthy discussion on what that means and how we should move on from there.

Jan 9, 2021, 3:38 PM [ in reply to It's as if they have a monopoly on social media. ]

Imagine thinking that the President of the United States needs social media to get a message out. I guess deep down you know how weak of a leader he actually is.

Jan 9, 2021, 3:41 PM

He also will never have another tv show again from any established network. I am sure that bothers him as well. He was supposedly considering the apprentice again. He is going to have to start his own social media platform or tv network.

I wonder if GoFundMe will let him do a thing...?***

Jan 9, 2021, 4:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wonder if GoFundMe will let him do a thing...?***

Jan 9, 2021, 9:37 PM

Re: I wonder if GoFundMe will let him do a thing...?***

Jan 9, 2021, 4:34 PM

https://onlyfans.com/REALDONALDTRUMP

He can finally host daddy/daughter shows like he always dreamed of***

Jan 10, 2021, 10:32 AM

He won't need it - his followers support his post election grifting

Jan 10, 2021, 10:31 AM [ in reply to I wonder if GoFundMe will let him do a thing...?*** ]

He's siphoning millions from those gullible morons.

Jan 9, 2021, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: It's as if they have a monopoly on social media. ]

Carl,

I wouldn't bet on that. If he brings along enough viewers, some station will cave for the cash.

Jan 9, 2021, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: It's as if they have a monopoly on social media. ]

Hello, I think we should make a rule going forward - Presidents cannot get on twitter. The President should have more important things to do (if he is doing his job!)

Also, the President should have more meaningful things to say to the country than can be expressed in 240 characters.

TikTok banned Trump before Trump banned TikTok.

Jan 9, 2021, 3:59 PM

Also, we should let him have pinterest, that #### would be funny.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIL that it violates several TOS

Jan 9, 2021, 9:14 PM

to attempt a coup d’etat.

#themoreyouknow

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic