Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So what did y'all think of the first week of COVID CFB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,899

So what did y'all think of the first week of COVID CFB

Sep 8, 2020, 9:23 AM

with few to zero fans?

It's going to take some getting used to for me. Very odd. It is kinda nice hearing all the chatter from the players and the bench, but the BYU/Navy game, for example, was just weird with all the relative silence. Even the other games I saw that bands, cheerleaders and some fans were uncomfortably quiet. Like watching Wake/Duke football. Who wants to watch that? Don't have much of a choice now, though...

Definitely going to take some getting used to.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So what did y'all think of the first week of COVID CFB

Sep 8, 2020, 9:27 AM

ANY football is better than none. These guys want to play and show their talents.

Sep 8, 2020, 9:30 AM

Agree that it was weird. The game between BYU and Navy unfortunately was not a competitive one either. It will get better!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2020, 9:31 AM

I think we are going to see a lot of lop-sided blow outs this year like we did over the weekend. Some teams have been able to prepare and others have not and its showing early this season. I think we see another blowout at Wake this weekend. Tigers 60, Wake 7

Sep 8, 2020, 9:34 AM

Other than 1 or 2 games, they were extremely lopsided and boring to watch. I’ll take any football over nothing at all, but there has to be more competitiveness and even 10-20k fans will at least provide some background noise.

Sep 8, 2020, 10:19 AM

I’m sure that I will enjoy watching Duke football this season. It’s going to be interesting to me to see a former Tiger player lead another team. Personally I think Brice will allow Duke to become a team worth watching. I surely hope that you ALL will be pulling for him in the first game,

Sep 8, 2020, 10:23 AM

Some fans in the stands= A little better than I expected.

No fans in the stands= As bad as I expected...maybe worse. Non-competitive game didn’t help either.

Summary:
Assuming the rules don’t change, the Clemson home games will actually look and sound decent.
Some other games, like this week, could be a bit depressing. But it will still be great to see the Tigers play!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2020, 10:36 AM

I know this year we had different circumstances but they need to do away with the Labor Day game it has always sucked. This year was for differnet reason of course but others years have brough about the same type of product. Please do away with The Labor Day Game it is always boring to watch and lopsided.

Sep 8, 2020, 11:13 AM

I thought it was dumb seeing people working at the stadium as security standing on the field, outside, with no-one near them wearing masks. Dumb.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2020, 11:51 AM

They probably were being sure they didn’t spread the virus. Good idea. You might encourage others to do likewise. But, the Rump doesn’t wear one so no one else should be forced to either.

Sep 8, 2020, 12:04 PM

Navy's decision to eliminate all physical tacking and blocking and live scrimmages in practice was the biggest head scratcher for the weekend. I knew that game was over by the 2nd possession.

The upcoming games to be held in the state of NC are going to be particularly quiet with not even the players' families being allowed to attend the games.

Still, it's beats the alternative. How'd you like to be a Mich or OSU fan at this time?

Nobody in the stands is like watching a

Sep 8, 2020, 1:00 PM

bad bowl game. It's weird but so much better than no football.

I'll take an empty stadium over being an OSU fan this week.

Sep 8, 2020, 1:09 PM

Can't wait to see our team Saturday!

Sep 8, 2020, 2:00 PM

Like watching a closed practice ... bizarre... they are going to lose viewership on the games without fans that are not close, I turned off the Navy-BYU game after the first quarter, checked back on the score and it was 28-0 Nevaehs er went back...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,899
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic