Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Texas Co drops COVID cases from 4600 to 100 OVERNIGHT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Texas Co drops COVID cases from 4600 to 100 OVERNIGHT

Aug 28, 2020, 3:03 PM

ANOTHER LIE, of course like every other incident of them caught lying about this ,they'll just claim it's a mistake. FUL

Doubting the accuracy of State of Texas Covid-19 numbers, Collin Co., Texas, dropped its active case numbers from over 4600 to under 100 overnight after an audit.

Earlier this month, Collin Co.’s ‘Covid-19 Dashboard’ claimed over 4600 active cases in the county based on data provided by the Texas Dept. of State Health Services, prompting county officials to question the accuracy of the data because, presumably, the county’s hospitals weren’t overloaded.

“Collin County is providing COVID-19 numbers and data as a convenience to our residents, however, Department of State Health Services (DSHS) officials have acknowledged that the active case count for Collin County is significantly overstated,” reads a disclaimer on the county’s web site. “We advise residents that Collin County lacks confidence in the data currently being provided to us.”

“DSHS officials have agreed to immediately redirect resources to correct the issue, but have not provided a timeline on when their reports will be corrected.”

According to the Community Impact newsletter:

County Judge Chris Hill said he has had “significant conversations” with DSHS officials about their plans to address issues raised by commissioners. After the revision to the disclaimer was approved, Hill explained DSHS planned to set up a Collin County work group Aug. 25 that will be committed to rectifying the county’s backlog of cases.

“They’re going to be working to call everyone who’s on that list that’s currently active to determine whether or not they’re still active or whether or not they’re recovered,” he said.

Hill said the work group will be checking whether patients currently classified as active cases of COVID-19 have been symptom-free for 10 days so they can be reclassified as recovered. He also explained that if the group is unable to reach a patient after three attempts, they will be reclassified as recovered.

The “work group” consists of 12 private contractors performing an audit of the data.

State officials claimed the inaccurate numbers were due to a “backlog” that had “recently included some older cases,” a questionable statement given that Collin Co. active case numbers were apparently overstated by over 5600%.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, to summarize - no one really has any reliable idea

Aug 28, 2020, 3:13 PM

of how many positive tests results there are, and we're basing major policy on these extremely dubious claims. What phrase did Al Gore use - fuzzy math?

I'll never argue that the COVID isn't a really bad virus for those who get most impacted by it. When it's bad, it's life-threatening bad. But what I and many others dispute are all of these "positive test" numbers - numbers upon which we're basing MAJOR policy decisions that impact MILLIONS of people and MILLIONS of dollars. I'm not going to go conspiracy theory - thought it would be easy to do - as to why so many places are seeing such egregious errors in the positive tests that are reported, but the bottom-line is that the reporting appears to be unreliable at best, and highly unreliable at worst.

I've been of the mind that the factors to determine policy should be hospitalizations and deaths. That's what's important and more easily tracked.

Re: So, to summarize - no one really has any reliable idea

Aug 28, 2020, 3:45 PM

Actually it sounds like they're just not working to determine who should be off the "active" list. Doesn't sound like they're saying there's questions of how many tested positive. And the number of "active" cases really isn't something that anyone pays much attention to, as most look at new cases and deaths.

Aug 28, 2020, 4:19 PM

Thank you. It's really just this simple.

There was an explosion of cases at a large meat packing facility earlier in the year (they were all reported the same week).

Collins County is relatively small and doesn't have the resources of the large Texas counties. Working down the "active list" is the lowest item on the totem pole for their limited resources.

Aug 28, 2020, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: So, to summarize - no one really has any reliable idea ]

Actually the rolling 5 day average of active cases is what our county uses to determine if kids go to school or learn online so the manipulation of that data is relevant.

Aug 28, 2020, 4:38 PM [ in reply to So, to summarize - no one really has any reliable idea ]

I've been of the mind that the factors to determine policy should be hospitalizations and deaths. That's what's important and more easily tracked.

I've been saying this for over 3 months.... Counting occupied beds in a hospital and bodies in the morgue should be the most accurate data we can collect. At the end of the day - those are the only numbers that matter anyway. However, given that the COVID-19 outbreak has been turned into an election year political issue and that government funding is also attached to it, even the hospital and death numbers are screwed up in a lot of instances.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2020, 4:46 PM

You can't count deaths. That number is ridiculously inflated. At one time any death in a hospital got tied to Rona.

Aug 28, 2020, 5:40 PM

Big Purdy you are correct, there is a 50 state conspiracy on the number of covid deaths and the cause. Including big trump states. Get a grip, you are making yourself crazy with this BS.

If Trump can get elected

Aug 28, 2020, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Re: So, to summarize - no one really has any reliable idea ]

we will finally have someone in office to deal with stuff. Until then, we are stuck with current president.

Aug 28, 2020, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: So, to summarize - no one really has any reliable idea ]

Completely wrong on saying that every hospital death was once counted as Covid-19. The large majority of health professionals say that it is like undercounted due to people dying at home and other factors. Take a look at the large amount of excessive deaths in 2020, which is more than is attributed to Covid-19. Then factor in that many people stayed home, so there were less deaths on the road, less likely transmission of other virus, etc.

Aug 28, 2020, 8:21 PM

Y'all do understand that there is federal money, a lot of it, tied to the care of patients that have a COVID (+) diagnoses. Huge amounts of money. Not hard to understand why the reported numbers are falsely inflated, hospitals (not doctors) are getting paid!

Aug 28, 2020, 8:44 PM

So what are all these people who don’t have COVID really in the hospital being treated for then? The increase in cost only applies to Medicaid and uninsured patients btw.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-more-money-for-covid-cases-idUSKBN22I2KR

Aug 28, 2020, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: So, to summarize - no one really has any reliable idea ]

If you look at total deaths in 2020 compared to 2019, you will see about 180k extra dead. Yes, over a course of 5 months, that is significant. If that isn't Covid, we have bigger problems. We should not listen to and repeat those who have an agenda and are lying to us and trying to control us.

Aug 28, 2020, 8:28 PM

No its really not, taken without context. Yes, 180k deaths sounds like a lot and granted its a lot of deaths. However, when taken in context, its really not. in 2018, 2.8 million people died from a variety of causes. This, plus the highly questionable methodology for accounting for COVID deaths should make everyone look at these numbers with a degree of skepticism.

Aug 28, 2020, 8:57 PM

I’m not sure that I’m following your logic when mentioning 2.8 million deaths. The number of excess deaths for this year is nearly 200,000 people. In other words, nearly 200,000 more people have died so far this year compared to the total number of people that would normally be expected to based on historical numbers, trends, increase in population, etc... if COVID isn’t responsible for the increase in deaths then what is?

Aug 28, 2020, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Re: So, to summarize - no one really has any reliable idea ]

Every death? Exactly how long did this last? On average there are nearly 8,000 deaths per day in the United States. I don’t recall a single day going far beyond 2,000 deaths from COVID during this entire thing.

Aug 28, 2020, 9:17 PM

My point was that statistically 180k deaths, and again thats a lot of deaths not discounting that at all, relative to an average annual death rate approaching 3 million perhaps is not the catastrophic event that it is made out to be. Also, I don't believe these should be counted as 'additional deaths", more likely many of those deaths, counted as COVID deaths, likely would have occurred naturally that happened to have a positive COVID test at the time of death.

I am certainly not undervaluing the tragedy of the deaths related to COVID, just think it needs to be taken in perspective when making global decisions.

Go Tigers!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic