Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So the mighty Miami D’Eriq king
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

So the mighty Miami D’Eriq king

Oct 10, 2020, 8:04 AM

Produced 7-5, 7-5, 8-4 and 4-8 seasons during his tenure at Houston. He has a completion rate of 62% with 56 TDS and 10 ints. Remember, those Houston teams had defensive names with the likeness of Ed Oliver and a couple of others that are playing on Sundays. In my opinion they carried those teams.
So tell me again why is this guys D’Eriq king frighten people?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So the mighty Miami D’Eriq king

Oct 10, 2020, 8:12 AM

He has 17 TDs 0 ints in the 6 power 5 games he has played. Dude is a baller. He was a WR his freshman year so he had speed and can run when he gets out of the pocket. His Ds were garbage. Have one NFL DT doesn't make the D good. He had pretty much none of his skill players last year in the 4 games he played.

Oct 10, 2020, 9:10 AM

Texas Tech twice - which QB in Power 5 or Group of 5 couldn't boost stats against them

Arizona and Washington State - PAC12 is enough said.

I must have missed the other 2 when he was a starter in 2018 and 4 games 2019.

Is he on the level with Lamar Jackson? How about Jones or Tua - 1st round picks? Many a great QB in person or on paper have not survived the Clemson D put together by BV.

Message was edited by: saddis56®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2020, 9:36 AM

I dont think he is LJ but he is certainly a top 10 qb in college football this year imo. Maybe even top 5. Have you watched him play any? Dude is a baller. Of course we can shut him down. Heck we shut Tua down but King runs much better and we struggle with running QBs. I believe we are just going to have to be great in the red zone. They are probably gonna gain yards on us. He is head and shoulders above UVAs qb.

Oct 10, 2020, 9:50 AM

Great point. The Tigers seem give up a lot to mobile QB's between the 20's but bow up in the red zone. King can run around all night but one man isn't going to take down the #1 team in the land. Their line and WR's are going to have to consistently win their matchups which I don't believe they will.

Oct 10, 2020, 9:53 AM

Yep our Safties are gonna have to show up. I believe our CBs will be pretty solid but I worry about our Safties on their slot guys. Gonna be a fun matchup. I'm excited to see what BV does to shut them down.

Oct 10, 2020, 9:59 AM

“I'm excited to see what BV does to shut them down”
^^^ this.

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=27918770&start=0#ixzz6aTcL7cbA

Oct 10, 2020, 8:13 AM

If you actually watch him play you will see why people believe he is by far the best QB Miami has had in a long long time.

Oct 10, 2020, 9:17 AM

If you actually watch him play you will see why people believe he is by far the best QB Miami has had in a long long time.

Quiet frankly that ain’t saying much if you just listen to your own sentence.

Oct 10, 2020, 9:37 AM

Lol very true but Miami had talent and QB is what they have been lacking. Now they have it. They still are not on our level but their QB is a dang good one and yall trying to discredit that are being ignorant.

Oct 10, 2020, 8:17 AM

His d gave up 422 YPG in 17, 496 in 18, 462 in 19. That isn't carrying a team in my book.

Oct 10, 2020, 8:47 AM

If you scared you can say it. It’s okay!

A friendly reminder
Clemson’s Defense is >
SMU
Cincinnati
Houston
Tulsa
Navy
UCF
Temple
Memphis
USF
East Carolina
Tulane

Oct 10, 2020, 9:40 AM

Nobody is scared it is just annoying to see all of yall posting like this QB is garbage. Kinda like yall did when we played Lamar and then he racked up 500 yards on us. Give people credit dude. Our team can and will beat anybody anywhere imo but dont act like a player on another team isn't good because they are on another team. If he was our QB and having the year he is having and the past years he has had at Houston we would say he deserves the Heisman. It's just disgusting to see the blind bias towards other players. Give credit where it is due.

Oct 10, 2020, 10:27 AM

Well said!

/dumb thread

Oct 10, 2020, 8:43 AM

So how many years is he getting to play?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2020, 8:53 AM

He didn’t get the starting job at Houston until 2018. He was there 4 years. Last year he sat out so he could transfer. His first year he was 2nd in depth chart, his second year he was 3rd and in 2018 he started.

Surrounding cast at Houston was at a lesser level.

Oct 10, 2020, 8:56 AM

Chase Brice doesn't seem as good as he was at Clemson. Why? Supporting cast.

DW doesn't look so great with the Texans. Why? Supporting cast

King will most likely have a good night tonight. Not good enough to win, but … .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Surrounding cast at Houston was at a lesser level.

Oct 10, 2020, 9:22 AM

Chase Brice doesn't seem as good as he was at Clemson. Why? Supporting cast.

DW doesn't look so great with the Texans. Why? Supporting cast

King will most likely have a good night tonight. Not good enough to win, but … .

They was playing lesser level competition as well.

Oct 10, 2020, 9:44 AM

Yes and in 2018 they had the 5th best O. That is with players around him being in the AAC and the opposing players being in the AAC. UCF beat GT by 30 points but you wanna say their conference isn't good?

Oct 10, 2020, 10:41 AM

Everybody put 30 on GT. I’m not saying he isn’t good. I picked him in FanDuel nearly every week. He brought in some winnings, but I knew if he were going to be playing against a proven top 10 ranked defense, I’d stay away from him.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic