Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So students wanted more tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

So students wanted more tickets

Sep 19, 2020, 10:51 PM

It was weak! Dabo or d rad should blast them. I get it’s citadel but it’s 2020 and they should be thankful. I doubt dabo will say anything. Wish he would like saban said something about students at Bama. Great to be back in valley. Hope and would assume acc games will be semi normal. Louder and more of a hype!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So students wanted more tickets

Sep 19, 2020, 11:32 PM

Ticket office has the ability to know what tickets were used today. If a student didn’t use their ticket, they should have them forfeited for the rest of the year.

Couldn’t fathom missing any game when I was a student, and I didn’t attend Clemson when we were even close to being a consensus #1 team with a future first pick in the draft.

Sep 19, 2020, 11:50 PM

Really? We cry about backups not scoring and now our students didnt all show up during a pandemic. I personally know 3 students that are under quarantine because of contact tracing. There are some groups locked down that are almost entire apartment complexes. Get over yourselves. Be thankful we are getting to see our tigers play.

Sep 19, 2020, 11:54 PM

Easy killer. Didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. Yes, there are obviously reasons why students may not be able to attend. But if they can’t because of reasons you stated, which are understandable, then turn the tickets back in so other students can get them. Lots of students that wanted to attend, didn’t get a chance to do so.

Sep 19, 2020, 11:56 PM

No we won 49-0 just talk about something that matters! Not happy on here if we ain't crying about something.

Sep 20, 2020, 12:02 AM

Check my posts, Teddy B. I’m consistently positive and could probably be labeled a sunshine pumper. Couldn’t be happier we won and not bothered that we didn’t score with backups in. In fact, very happy we kept Citadel points off the board. I’m slow to criticize the team and coaches but some fans, including students, are fair game.

Sep 20, 2020, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: So students wanted more tickets ]

You still wearing that hall monitor tag from middle school?

Sep 20, 2020, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: So students wanted more tickets ]

As a parent, I knew of many students that were not able to go due to their Covid tests coming back. Those set of students were NOT able to turn them back in. CU had all students tested last week and it took several days to get results back. So if you took test on Wednesday or later there was a good chance your test had not come back.

No students were able to transfer tickets to other students. CU did not allow it for this game. My senior student who wanted to go to game had offers from at least 3 students to transfer tickets to him but were not allowed. I gave him my iptay tickets.

Also putting them in the upper deck was a slap in the face. They are the future iptay members. They are not considering there could be future backlash.

Sep 20, 2020, 10:55 AM

My gf works for school and she said students get tested at newspring and littlejohn and are rapid tests so...

Sep 20, 2020, 1:03 PM

Well - Son took test Monday morning And got “results” back Thursday night . As did his 3 roommates. What is the definition of rapid?

Sep 20, 2020, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: So students wanted more tickets ]

Kids who were tested last Sunday had results by Monday night.

There were some parents whining on antisocial media Thursday that their kids had to reschedule due to flooding concerns at one of the off-campus test sites. Apparently Clemson was supposed to have planned better for the students whose last minute testing was disrupted by the way the hurricane tracked.

My estimate from the NE corner of the stadium is that the students used about 1000 of their 2300 allotted seats. Students were not able to "transfer" their tickets, but they should have been able to release them back to the Athletic Dept to reissue.

Sep 20, 2020, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: So students wanted more tickets ]

I don’t want students in lower taking away from me being a big donor. Money talks and most students leave early. Yea other fans do too but donors pay and that’s where the program of the state is with good boosters. If make them mad and take away those tickets well good luck. Students are future but the time is now.

Sep 20, 2020, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: So students wanted more tickets ]

I don’t want students in lower taking away from me being a big donor. Money talks and most students leave early. Yea other fans do too but donors pay and that’s where the program of the state is with good boosters. If make them mad and take away those tickets well good luck. Students are future but the time is now.

Sep 20, 2020, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: So students wanted more tickets ]

thank you, good information to know

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2020, 12:18 AM [ in reply to Re: So students wanted more tickets ]

I think you typed all that just too tell people you know 3 people who may or may not have a disease that they may or may not ever even realize they have if someone didn't test them to confirm it

Could have easily given them to students that wanted to go

Sep 20, 2020, 2:03 AM [ in reply to Re: So students wanted more tickets ]

No excuse at this capacity

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll just leave this picture here as a piece of data in the

Sep 20, 2020, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: So students wanted more tickets ]

discussion. Taken right about kickoff.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2020, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: So students wanted more tickets ]

I know many people who would love to be In those seats. Yet it’s simple if you’re afraid to go don’t do. Just like our section some didn’t have masks on when seated. Me included. But friend in upper said there guy was forcing people even in seats to wear them. So boo hoo students wanted more and it shows like I said most don’t care and on a normal given Gameday they show up late and leave early.

Sep 20, 2020, 12:06 AM

Would love to see a sophisticated system that rewards students with football tickets if they

1. Go to games they previously received tickets for and
2. Attend other events like MBB, WBB and Soccer

Priority points for students, but not based behavior instead of money. Make an app for it where they can track their points and get notified of upcoming non football sports. “2x bonus points for attending tonights game against team X in Littlejohn. Be in your seats by 7:00pm, don’t forget to scan your app at the gate, and Go Tigers!”

Sep 20, 2020, 12:12 AM

Great idea. I’d be surprised if something like this didn’t exist at some of the larger schools that can’t get tickets to every student who wants them. Would be a great project for computer science dept.

I believe they do use something like that.

Sep 20, 2020, 6:14 AM

There are definitely ticketing companies that offer apps for student rewards, where the school can choose their own criteria, etc.
So you don’t even need the computer science dept to build anything.

Sep 20, 2020, 4:36 AM [ in reply to Re: So students wanted more tickets ]

And scan it when you leave

I know two students got tickets thanks to the generosity of

Sep 20, 2020, 9:56 AM

Skeeta56®

Sep 20, 2020, 8:54 PM

Lots of empty eats in all sections.... had at least 10 near me in section J.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic