Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So how do you feel about only 6 home games in 2021?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

So how do you feel about only 6 home games in 2021?

Feb 18, 2020, 4:12 PM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's fine, I'm sure they will adjust our required

Feb 18, 2020, 4:14 PM

donation levels down to reflect the change.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Or, they may go up in order to compensate...

Feb 18, 2020, 4:16 PM

for the revenue lost by only having 6 home games.

Oh crap, I didn't think about that...***

Feb 18, 2020, 4:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Or, they may go up in order to compensate...

Feb 19, 2020, 3:55 AM [ in reply to Or, they may go up in order to compensate... ]

Exactly. Good year for a price increase. Win Win!

coming off another natty they’ll go up anyway***

Feb 19, 2020, 4:11 AM [ in reply to Or, they may go up in order to compensate... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's fine, I'm sure they will adjust our required

Feb 18, 2020, 4:16 PM [ in reply to It's fine, I'm sure they will adjust our required ]

I think Charlotte is close enough to a home game for government work.

By that you mean UP to make up for lost revenue and

Feb 18, 2020, 4:35 PM [ in reply to It's fine, I'm sure they will adjust our required ]

rising costs of fluted cups.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: So how do you feel about only 6 home games in 2021?

Feb 18, 2020, 4:16 PM

Unfortunate but worth it. 2021 schedule was dreadful.

Feb 18, 2020, 4:38 PM

I agree, I think this is a game changer for SOS in 2021.

Feb 18, 2020, 4:18 PM

I think the bellyaching over the strength of our 2021 schedule will now be replaced by bellyaching over the fact that we only have six home games. However, that should be a whole lot less bellyaching, so I am happy with it. As a season ticket holder, I enjoy having the seven home games, but an occasional six game home slate is fine with me if it means an exciting neutral site game I can drive to.

Feb 18, 2020, 4:24 PM

They had to do something because that schedule was pathetic. I hate it for the local merchants who make their living off of football season.

Feb 18, 2020, 4:27 PM

Like the idea of playing Georgia and I don't pay attention to schedule strength, if you're good you're good, SOS is just a talking point. Will miss the 7th home game since SC State is one of the 6. At least this looks like a rare occurrence glancing at future schedules.

Feb 18, 2020, 4:50 PM

SOS is way more than a talking point. Until UGA was added to 2021, we pretty much were going to have to go undefeated to make CFP. If we beat UGA, but lose another game, the strength of schedule may now be enough to keep us in the hunt.

It's the same thing as this past year, where for a very long time it was expected that we could not afford a single loss as SOS was not strong enough to make up for it.

Re: So how do you feel about only 6 home games in 2021? weak

Feb 18, 2020, 4:51 PM

by one game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I applaud the fact that we cut out a #### team in favor of a

Feb 18, 2020, 5:10 PM

better one, and if it means losing a meaningless bottom feeder home game, so be it...Wish we could have dropped the FCS team we will undoubtedly play in November instead, but it it what it is

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2020, 5:38 PM

In yesteryear, six home games was the norm and somehow merchants found a way to survive so I don’t think that is an issue. IPTAY members should be glad they don’t have to pay for a glorified scrimmage.

I watch from home typically so it has zero impact for me unless we decide to drive to Charlotte for the game.

Wondering if they will give each school 35k tickets or is the split different?

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic