Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So getting vaccinated isn't the end of it.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 832

So getting vaccinated isn't the end of it.

Jan 27, 2021, 10:59 PM

I've said all along that once I get vaccinated..I'm going back to living again. I'll still wear a mask I guess where asked, but thursday happy hours at the Dinghy or The Southern WILL be returning...

Fauci is saying "not so fast"...

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2021/01/28/vaccine-immunity-travel-fauci-cnn-coronavirus-town-hall-sot-vpx.cnn

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So getting vaccinated isn't the end of it.

Jan 28, 2021, 12:05 AM

Fauci and Anderson Cooper LMAO. I’ll keep going out in public without my mask. Still waiting on the first person to call me out on it.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Sounds like NO ONE wants to cross you!

Jan 28, 2021, 8:42 AM

lmao

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God you are such a BADASS!***

Jan 28, 2021, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: So getting vaccinated isn't the end of it. ]

Jan 28, 2021, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: So getting vaccinated isn't the end of it. ]

I can see you sitting in a BBQ joint in Cayce or something, just staring angrily at everyone wearing a mask and just wishing someone would say something to you so you can call them a libtard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Jan 28, 2021, 12:16 AM

Jan 28, 2021, 12:31 AM

Yeah I’ll be out in my normal bars all weekend no mask. No choice but to go to the grocery store tomorrow and won’t wear a mask there either.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Jan 28, 2021, 12:42 AM

What's funny is that you don't realize that everyone is looking at you as the idiot you are for refusing to wear a mask. Just keep that in mind that everyone thinks you are an idiot. Enjoy yourself.

Jan 28, 2021, 7:08 AM

this is the same guy whining about lectures on Pandemic Protocols and how he lost loved ones, meanwhile, he engages in behavior that endangers other people's loved ones.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2021, 8:30 AM

Yeah and I wish you, Carlspuss, or Stubborn would see me out and make the mistake of telling me to put my mask on.

Lol, there he is!!!

Jan 28, 2021, 8:39 AM

You wouldn't do anything and you know it. People who have to talk like this are mentally and physically weak.

Aren't you like almost 50? You're a wannabe, dude. If you ain't never been tough before, talking like it on a message board aint gonna make a difference.

Jan 28, 2021, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: So getting vaccinated isn't the end of it. ]

You're the toughest guy on the internet.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You've made an esteemed list, sir.

Jan 28, 2021, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: So getting vaccinated isn't the end of it. ]

Join the elite list of people here who have challenged others to fights. T3, Bengaline, and CUinTulsa all welcome you with open arms to the club.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

He'll run away now that his

Jan 28, 2021, 8:56 AM

facade has been called.

What do you expect from a grown man who brags about not wearing a mask in the grocery store? He's a caricature.

Re: You've made an esteemed list, sir.

Jan 28, 2021, 9:04 AM [ in reply to You've made an esteemed list, sir. ]

Nothing says I'm a bad #### like bowing up on the internet. Good grief.

In all fariness

Jan 28, 2021, 10:00 AM [ in reply to You've made an esteemed list, sir. ]

Bengaline, and CUinTulsa have a sense of humor. Well, you have to explain the jokes to Bengaline sometimes, but yeah, they are good people.

oh, and you left off manac, he is the originator of the ever famous throat punch threat.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but I still hold...

Jan 28, 2021, 10:25 AM

If you ever lose your cool in here and challenge someone to physical combat, you should be mocked accordingly and often.

Sounds like you have masculinity anxiety***

Jan 28, 2021, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: So getting vaccinated isn't the end of it. ]

Jan 28, 2021, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: So getting vaccinated isn't the end of it. ]

Bowl,

Why is it that you are so proud in your ignorance - and in your callousness towards other individuals ?

Do you somehow think this arrogant stupidity makes you more of a man ?

It's good info, but they made it look like edgy stuff on the

Jan 28, 2021, 12:18 AM

video. The woman pretending to have just gotten her second vaccine would know the answer. I just got my first one, and they tell you all that at the time. 10 days after the 1st one, then 10 days after the 2nd one. Reminders are good, and not all workers will say the same things - it was a good question - but Cooper and those guys looking importantly solemn into the camera was funny. I know they have to look that way, but still.

Nope.

Jan 28, 2021, 6:37 AM

Heck who knows really how well they work. We're already being set up for the bad news. This virus can be eradicated with a good vaccine. Wait... It mutates even though it doesn't. Wait it's more infectious. Wait... The vaccines are less effective. Wait they're ineffective. Wait... Over 80% of people need to be vaccinated. Not 50% or 60%.

All of this is pretty transparent. They're already working on reformulatung the vaccines.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope.

Jan 28, 2021, 8:55 AM

Nope is sadly the truth. In the city of Manaus Brazil, COVID kicked their collective Muschamps earlier in the pandemic. This city had an amazing 70% positive infection rate. The thought was with this high of a known rate of infection that they were in relatively good shape and were approaching herd immunity.

Fast forward, a new variant causes another large surge in Manaus.

Studies have shown that the South African variant is not neutralized nearly as effectively in the lab using plasma with antibodies from previously infected patients.

We are losing the race to vaccinate enough people to deplete the reservoir of new targets of the virus. This will allow the virus to mutate again and again which will make the current vaccine less and less effective.

All we can do is what we can do, which is to try to inhibit the spread and take the vaccine, but I honestly think we are in for the long haul.

I wish the fawning press would ask Biden and Fauci tougher questions. 100 days of mask wearing is likely to be just a start. It is highly probable that the current vaccine will prove far less effective than initially thought based on the rapid mutation rate.

If one reads the thoughts of scientists not on TV, they are quite worried about where we are going.

I personally was feeling better about 2-3 weeks ago, but as of late with more reading, I feel we are not going to crush this virus anytime soon. We are going to have to learn to live with it.

Biden, Fauci and others are doing their best to deal with this issue, but like Trump, I think they know things that they aren't telling the general public. I would rather they tell the honest truth up front, than find out our political and medical leaders have been less than candid about what they think or know.

My views have not really changed much at all

Jan 28, 2021, 9:48 AM

We all know China is full of crap. They claim it started in a wet market, they shut down everything. Then they shut down twitter, clamped down on the internet, and now they're all better, very few cases, blah blah.

HOWEVER, if you read between the lines, or lies, you see the Chinese were truthful about the virus, itself. This variant garbage is just that. There are thousands, and there will be thousands more. This will evolve to be like influenza. Anyway, the original outbreak in Wuhan was studied by the Chinese. And they actually have far more and better resources to study people than we do. Anyway, they estimated the r0 of the virus to be 5.7. That's VERY high. We were then told the r0 was 1.5 to 2.5. Well, now enter the variants, and the r0 is now around 5.0. Well, in WUHAN it was already estimated, in a study posted April 7th, at 5.7. And that was the "original" virus from a study done in Wuhan. They also said it would take around 82% infected (or vaccinated) for any kind of herd immunity. And what do you know, Fauci now estimates herd immunity (due to the new variants) will take between 80 and 90%. Again, this was all known very early on. Airborne transmission was also confirmed by the Chinese, very early on. Aerosol transmission as well. We only confirmed that in September of last year. And these variants, has anyone noticed they're only in allied countries? Or were discovered there? England? South Africa? Brazil? We were also told the virus was a slow variety to mutate, and as such it would take years to mutate around a vaccine, if at all. They're already looking to reformulate at least one vaccine.

In short, everything that has changed, or been found to be a lie, all that stuff has broken every single time to align with initial Chinese data. Take that FWIW. It's sad, but I initially believed the Chinese data, and over time it has proven correct far more than anyone on TV in the US.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2021, 8:38 AM

I really want to travel to Spain. That sucks.

Jan 28, 2021, 8:41 AM

Bruh, you should try Thursday HH at River Towne Public House. Ashley makes the best green tea shots in town.

HH at Waters Edge in the summer time is awesome

Jan 28, 2021, 9:57 AM

$1.75 domestics, $3.00 well brand liquor, on Shem Creek. I can put in at IOP, ride there for a few hours, then slow troll back down the ICW.

Thats my plan, anyway.

No doubt.

Jan 28, 2021, 10:24 AM

Hard to beat those prices while drinking on Shem Creek.

Mellow Mushroom in Mt. P has absurd craft beer prices for HH ($2 off every single draft), but it's not a great location. Obviously you can't take your boat.

You hit up many breweries in town? I'm a big fan of Ghost Monkey's venue and how their tips go to charity.

MM has too many kids running around for me.

Jan 28, 2021, 11:11 AM

I lived in Ivy Hall when they built MM, and then we moved around the corner of 17 to Carol Oaks, we'd go up there and partake. But then we left to Clemson, and then back into south Mt P, I don't think I've been back since 2015 or so.

My wife plays mandolin and we'd been to Ghost Monkey a few times when they had a bluegrass band on Sundays. At the time, their beer was a "creme ale" style/taste of beer, and everything there kind of tasted like that to me, so I never really enjoyed it too much. I don't know if they changed what they make or not, as we haven't been back there in a few years either.

The last year obviously has sucked for going out. The Southern used to be my go to because I could walk to it (and spent way too much time and money there), but I haven't been there probably 3x in the last year. Since we're on IOP now, I've been to the Dinghy a few times, but again, same reason it hasn't been more.

I miss HH and going out. I miss live music. I miss...living. This last year seems like it shouldn't count against my age. I know I won't continue to live like this much longer. After a while, the lock down is worse than the consequences, whatever they might be. And I'm getting a conspiracy theory feeling that no one in power is in a big hurry to change back from what we've turned into as a society. I think this pandemic has allowed a few people to exert a lot of control of a lot of people, and those folks won't let that power go easily.

Re: MM has too many kids running around for me.

Jan 28, 2021, 11:26 AM

True. That's why I go outside if I can.

I love The Basement on 41 but they don't do HH. Years ago, I spent way too much time at The Shelter the way you did The Southern, but can't even tell you the last time I've been there.

I miss HH and going out. I miss live music. I miss...living. This last year seems like it shouldn't count against my age. I know I won't continue to live like this much longer. After a while, the lock down is worse than the consequences, whatever they might be. And I'm getting a conspiracy theory feeling that no one in power is in a big hurry to change back from what we've turned into as a society. I think this pandemic has allowed a few people to exert a lot of control of a lot of people, and those folks won't let that power go easily.

I miss the #### out of this. I've done a little here and there but not like I used to. Granted, it's made me closer with my neighbors and I enjoy the neighborhood drinking more anyway. Maybe that's the upswing to the pandemic; I have great relations with neighbors now and made some new friends. Also convinced my wife that we actually should get that golf cart, which as been fun, too.

I can tell you this. The party we will have on my cul de sac when COVID is officially beaten is going to be other worldly, and we've had some good ones in the past.

When we lived in old Mt P, we had great neighbors

Jan 28, 2021, 11:51 AM

who were like family to us. They were renting though, and eventually bought a house a few miles away. That's when the new neighbor bought their house and called the code enforcement people on me before she even moved in, and then called the cops on me a few times as well. They evetually just starte ignoring her I think. The neighbors behind us moved and turned their place into a VRBO. So I had a VRBO on one side, a complete C u Next Tuesday on the other, and a VRBO behind me. I had to leave. That was not something I had planned when I bought the place. My plan was to make that house part of retirement as I thought it would appreciate in time like the old village has; I was really wrong about that.

I miss having great neighbors, but have found out that the neighbor situation changes about every 4-5 years, and can change immediately. We used to have awesome driveway parties in Ivy hall for about 5 years, and within about 6 months, they were all gone. When we moved, I didn't even know my neighbor's names any more.

Within the next 9-14 months, we're moving out of the area. It's either going to be the Murrell's inlet, back to Clemson, or maybe Beaufort. Its all up in the air right now. I can tell you after leaving Mt P though, I don't miss it. If we had more restaurants and a hardware store on IOP. I'd never leave.

Concepts like lower, acceptable risk versus zero risk ....

Jan 28, 2021, 9:10 AM

(through virtual eradication like polio) will confound some.

Lower, acceptable risk means returning to normal life with some smart precautions, maybe wearing masks in public transportation, medical facilities, government buildings etc. Hopefully healthier lifestyles regarding weight and exercise will also become one of precautions Americans embrace.

No risk will never be achieved with corona viruses. Some people will still get colds and other corona viruses. The survival statistics will become acceptable; normal like the flu.

Re: Concepts like lower, acceptable risk versus zero risk ....

Jan 28, 2021, 9:54 AM

Yep. Gonna have to improvise, adapt and overcome. As far as eradication, that ain't happening soon if ever.

Replies: 31
| visibility 832
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic