Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So an Alabama fan walks into my office
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

So an Alabama fan walks into my office

Feb 10, 2017, 8:01 PM

He had a Bama hat and shirt on. He sees my Clemson stuff and so of course we immediately start talking about the game. He was very cool, saying both teams left it all out there and we deserved to win. He also said anyone who thinks that the Renfrow's game winner was PI or should've been called is full of it.

But none of the aforementioned conversation is why I'm posting this. After talking about the game we start discussing the two programs in general and their future. The guy makes an interesting point saying that a big factor contributing to Bama's success is they have a tough rival in Auburn. And by playing them every year it helps Bama keep their edge. I tell him that Clemson can't really say the same about the coots and he responds with "Yea they suck something awful and I hate to say it, but I'm not a big Muschamp fan and I really can't see him taking that program anywhere, especially after he failed at UF."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's just sore at Muschump for stealing...

Feb 10, 2017, 8:05 PM

All those 2*s Bammer never wanted.

No need to hold a grudge, dood!

~JKB

Re: He's just sore at Muschump for stealing...

Feb 10, 2017, 8:10 PM

Yea he did mention the lack of diversity in Bama's recruiting class, saying how they were forced to take all 4 and 5 stars bc the coots stole all the 2s. I recommended diversifying with a undersized walk-on WR instead.

And tell him the whiter the 2* receiver the better.

Feb 10, 2017, 8:16 PM

That way the 5* DBs don't respect him or cover him.

~JKB

Re: And tell him the whiter the 2* receiver the better.

Feb 10, 2017, 11:05 PM

#BOOM!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So an Alabama fan walks into my office

Feb 10, 2017, 8:12 PM

I guess you informed this guy that Auburn, being so great and everything, has lost 7 out of the last 9 years to Bama, winning only in 2010, and 2013. 2 out of 9 games is not really very good IMO. Does he watch their games?

USUC has won 5 out the last 9 games.

Okay - JK - USUC still sucks and Auburn is definitely better than USUC. I was just twisting some stats around for fun.

Feb 10, 2017, 8:35 PM

An enemy of a enemy is a friend!

Until he's just your enemy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2017, 8:52 PM

Were you just minding your business?

Feb 10, 2017, 9:07 PM

I saw him come in and greeted him then he came in.

Thats an interesting point

Feb 10, 2017, 9:15 PM

I would say FSU is our rival that keeps us pushing... def not USuC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our rival is FSU. Period.

Feb 10, 2017, 10:08 PM

End of conversation

Re: Our rival is FSU. Period.

Feb 11, 2017, 12:50 AM

I would say something but you cut me off. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2017, 11:02 PM

I think there are many of us Clemson fans / alumnus that have cared far more about the FSU game than the USuCk game for as long as I can remember... I didn't even know who the coots were until I moved into my dorm.

Definitely a yankee

Feb 10, 2017, 11:14 PM

It feels better to win the FSU game, and it feels worse to win the s. carolina game.
So more important to win the FSU game and not lose the s. carolina game, if that makes since?

Feb 11, 2017, 12:34 AM

Honestly, I've never really seen the coots as much of a rival. When we beat them it was business as usual. If we lost it was an end to an already crappy season. There was that 5 year stretch where they made things interesting, but that was just a blip.

Instead, I see FSU as our rival and I'd say that the Clemson vs FSU rivalry is a lot more even and talented than the Alabama vs Auburn rivalry at this point. The ACC Atlantic, and conference, goes through Clemson and FSU. SEC is pretty much Alabama.

Feb 11, 2017, 6:37 AM

FSU is not our rival until FSU considers us their rival. I'm pretty sure they consider UF their true rival at present. If we continue beating them on the field and start taking more Florida recruits from them that may change.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic