Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So a 75 year old told me today....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 6,187

So a 75 year old told me today....

Mar 29, 2020, 1:27 PM

The 2 biggest things things suffering the most. Freedom and capitalism.

Message was edited by: bowlhunter®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Hard to argue with that...***

Mar 29, 2020, 1:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sure hope there's enough rich people to cover all the

Mar 29, 2020, 1:34 PM

handouts that will continue for a long time

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I sure hope there's enough rich people to cover all the

Mar 29, 2020, 1:41 PM

Trust me the rich will get richer after all this, we will all be footing the bill.
And as for freedom, the quicker people follow the rules and stop being stubborn idiots (think Harry R. Truman on Mount St. Helens) complaining about a governmental crackdown then this will all be over.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 1:43 PM

The only thing worse than no vaccine is healthy people not being exposed.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Mar 29, 2020, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I sure hope there's enough rich people to cover all the ]

You're young, aren't you?

The bill had a hidden giveaway to rich real estate investors

Mar 29, 2020, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I sure hope there's enough rich people to cover all the ]

They are now allowed to deduct depreciation, which is usually artificial, from regular income.

Chinese MSNBC bot.***

Mar 30, 2020, 3:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: The bill had a hidden giveaway to rich real estate investors

Mar 30, 2020, 4:01 PM [ in reply to The bill had a hidden giveaway to rich real estate investors ]

Its still an expense, whether it was paid in full at purchase or financed. And the depreciation expense is amortized from 27.5 to 39 years depending on the type of property

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The handouts are coming from future tax payers.

Mar 29, 2020, 8:07 PM [ in reply to I sure hope there's enough rich people to cover all the ]

The really rich people are the ones that our tax dollars go to.

"In other words, all individual income tax revenues are gone before one nickel is spent on the services which taxpayers expect from their government."

http://devvy.com/notax.html

once the handouts increase the rich will relocate

Mar 30, 2020, 5:12 PM [ in reply to I sure hope there's enough rich people to cover all the ]

and so will their base of income.

Re: So a 75 year old told me today....

Mar 29, 2020, 1:52 PM

Millions of people have lost their jobs. I don't think that they'll be thanking the government when this has passed.

Mar 29, 2020, 2:02 PM

The biggest lockdown in America is our youth. The age group with the best immune system in the world is American kids. Public schools and Universities shut down. No vaccine but fear prevents our children from building natural immunity. But it’s okay for “essentials” to go to work. Makes no sense.

Mar 29, 2020, 2:54 PM

Makes a lot of sense. You are oversimplifying things to one small flawed logic that doesn't look at the best for the whole.

Mar 29, 2020, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: So a 75 year old told me today.... ]

yeah, guess who's having conferences with those kids while they sit two feet away and handle their grubby little laptops with their papers on them? That would be me, the 54 year-old prof who has a fairly remote but certainly not-nill chance of spending the last 3 days of my life drowning inside a ventilator. But thanks, though. Glad to know Man in the High Castle works as reality t.v. for some of you.

Reading your response...

Mar 30, 2020, 12:42 AM

It's a #### shame you're a professor.

Message was edited by: bowlhunter®

Mar 30, 2020, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: So a 75 year old told me today.... ]

Bowfinger,

How many parents do you think would send their kids back to school if they were open today ??

Mar 29, 2020, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: So a 75 year old told me today.... ]

No reason to blame the government .This is a totally new, different virus that unless you have esp no one could prepare for and that includes all the state governors and every politician who never would have thought about this happening.

Mar 29, 2020, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: So a 75 year old told me today.... ]

No reason to blame the government .This is a totally new, different virus that unless you have esp no one could prepare for and that includes all the state governors and every politician who never would have thought about this happening.

It's temporary measures to save lives. I think it's the

Mar 29, 2020, 2:00 PM

right thing and I'm all for it. The main concern at this stage is the medical system being overloaded due to how rapidly and easily covid19 spreads. At some point, however, the economy will have to get cranked back up, or the consequences will be catastrophic if we wait too long.

I figure that in another 8 weeks or so, half of us will have been exposed, and those who survive will be immune from further infection. By then we'll be closer to a vaccine and theraputic treatments, hostpitals will be better equipped to handle it, and hopefully warm weather will help slow the spread.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: It's temporary measures to save lives. I think it's the

Mar 29, 2020, 2:05 PM

Thumbs up to you for a thought out response.

I agree with your sentiments. Though I’m concerned about the reinfection possibility.

Mar 29, 2020, 2:14 PM [ in reply to It's temporary measures to save lives. I think it's the ]

I’m hoping China just has a bad batch of tests, but they are finding people who tested positive, then negative, then positive again. That’s not good from a transmission standpoint.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/03/27/822407626/mystery-in-wuhan-recovered-coronavirus-patients-test-negative-then-positive?utm_term=nprnews&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_source=twitter.com

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two words....”F China”***

Mar 29, 2020, 2:17 PM

That's a word and a letter***

Mar 29, 2020, 2:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is a real concern. So is an economic recession or

Mar 29, 2020, 2:30 PM [ in reply to I agree with your sentiments. Though I’m concerned about the reinfection possibility. ]

depression. There will be trade offs no matter what, and people on both sides need to accept that and quit bitching about it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Not bitching my friend.

Mar 29, 2020, 2:36 PM

My concern is not enough people with strong immune systems not being exposed. That’s the natural way of building immunity.

I understand. My point is that there is no "solution" and no

Mar 29, 2020, 3:22 PM

attempt at mitigating it will satisfy everybody. As a result, people take sides, politicize it, and ##### no matter what.

- H. L. Mencken

that's what Norway is doing. We'll see how it works***

Mar 29, 2020, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Not bitching my friend. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not bitching my friend.

Mar 29, 2020, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Not bitching my friend. ]

young people with strong immune systems are getting this and are dying from it. Unless you volunteer to watch one of your children drown in their own mucus because you want to "strengthen the herd," please shut up now.

Mar 29, 2020, 9:12 PM

I’ve already gotten it, survived it with type 1 diabetes. It’s not a guaranteed death sentence. But you are a professor AND a liberal so I must be a moron to argue with you from my view that actually has personal experience. I’m not sure why we don’t replace all of D.C. with liberal professors so we can hurry up and turn this “horrible” country into Utopia....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From your previous post, you hypothesize that you got it...

Mar 30, 2020, 1:11 AM

Did you ever actually have a test...?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

vlast I want you to know I've done my part

Mar 30, 2020, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Not bitching my friend. ]

Friday night my girlfriend and I rode golf carts with friends around the neighborhood. We then played beer pong and listened to loud music in the garage for a friends birthday party. Fun times even at the age of 44.

I totally get your posts now. You're a professor and

Mar 30, 2020, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Not bitching my friend. ]

really believe some of the nonsense you post about this. Makes sense now.

Carry on.

Mar 30, 2020, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Not bitching my friend. ]

Funny how all of the experts disagree with you.

It's a virus! We develope antibodies to mark the virus

Mar 29, 2020, 2:51 PM [ in reply to I agree with your sentiments. Though I’m concerned about the reinfection possibility. ]

for termination. WE KEEP the antibodies. This is a coronavirus not a flu virus, it mutates very little. Once you have antibodies you are immune. It's basic science.

Think!

Testing negative and then testing positive does NOT mean reinfection. If you are successfully fighting a virus, they the virus count goes way down. Maybe the swab wasn't up your nose far enough and that swab didn't get virus, the next swab did.

Reinfection is highly unlikely.

Except

Mar 29, 2020, 3:45 PM

I read earlier today and it is said that this thing has now got 8 different mutations going on. How many before it stops or is beaten?

In China, Wuhan province I think, folks who had it, then tested clear, are now testing positive again, so maybe your science is a bit off?

Well ####...

Mar 29, 2020, 6:10 PM

We’re f’d if Wuhan data plays a role in our thoughts.

ummmmm

Mar 30, 2020, 4:10 PM [ in reply to It's a virus! We develope antibodies to mark the virus ]

its mutated like 8 times already......granted, they aren't major mutations, but they are mutations nonetheless

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with your sentiments. Though I’m concerned about the reinfection possibility.

Mar 30, 2020, 1:14 AM [ in reply to I agree with your sentiments. Though I’m concerned about the reinfection possibility. ]

If you know people who work or have lived in China (I know many), the common theme is that they never tell the truth. That goes for the government and individual Chinese that my friends worked for.

I'm not believing anything coming out of China.

Re: I agree with your sentiments. Though I’m concerned about the reinfection possibility.

Mar 30, 2020, 7:46 AM

Wait ! Did you just say that all Chinese people lie ?? ### ??

Re: It's temporary measures to save lives. I think it's the

Mar 29, 2020, 8:25 PM [ in reply to It's temporary measures to save lives. I think it's the ]

:<)

Replies: 40
| visibility 6,187
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic