Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So SC banned access to fishing...a source of food...before
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

So SC banned access to fishing...a source of food...before

Mar 31, 2020, 8:50 PM

Night clubs, spas, and movie theaters?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SC banned public boat ramp access.***

Mar 31, 2020, 8:54 PM

They banned boat launching......we were just a by product.***

Mar 31, 2020, 8:55 PM

Re: They banned boat launching......we were just a by product.***

Mar 31, 2020, 9:07 PM

I have lived in 3 other states during my lifetime, Orlando Florida, Dallas Texas, and Phoenix Arizona. I have told others and my family every time I've come back home to SC, that our state was the most A$$ backwards state that I have lived in, and closing the boat landing where most people are out on the water fishing in their secret spots all alone, just prove my belief!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They banned boat launching......we were just a by product.***

Apr 2, 2020, 12:42 PM

Blame the goobers who cannot exist unless they "hang together"... Ignorance is bliss...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Time to start wading the Russellville Flats . . .

Mar 31, 2020, 9:03 PM

on Lake Moultrie again . . .

But . . . I bet the alligators have taken that place over by now!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Time to start wading the Russellville Flats . . .

Mar 31, 2020, 9:09 PM

What would be the most dangerous, the covid-19, or a 10-12 foot gator???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The gator for sure . . .

Mar 31, 2020, 9:13 PM

Especially with me dragging a limit of bass on a "chum-line" stringer!!!

We did some crazy chit when we were younger!

I had an uncle that wanted to take me down there and do

Mar 31, 2020, 9:17 PM

that when I was about 13 but I was only about 5'8"....never went. Would not do it now for all the tea in China.

Re: I had an uncle that wanted to take me down there and do

Mar 31, 2020, 9:29 PM

Nice "Tea in China" segway back to C-19.

Started wading the flats when I was 9 years old . . .

Mar 31, 2020, 9:56 PM [ in reply to I had an uncle that wanted to take me down there and do ]

with my Dad and his best friend, Harold Boozer. Harold was a dear Clemson man and a contractor from the Sumter area.

My first trip was in the summer (no waders needed) . . . we took Mr Boozer's boat through the diversion canal and into the "flats" . . . Dad jumped out of the boat first and told me I was next . . . About 100 yards further in, Mr Boozer said, "OK Buddy, your turn" . . . Wanting to be a big guy I didn't hesitate . . . The water was up to my armpits . . . Mr Boozer smiled and told me, "pine trees don't like to get their feet wet" . . . "if you want shallower water, walk towards any pine tree" . . .

As Mr Boozer began to ease off, Dad "hooped" . . . a soft little yelp

I asked Mr Boozer what that was for . . . He just grinned and said, "Your dad just put one on the stringer. You do the same each time you catch one. That way we'll know the area that we need to concentrate on."

It was a scary . . . exciting . . . Hoopingly full day!!!

You ever go jigger poling?***

Mar 31, 2020, 9:59 PM

Only ran a jigger one time . . .

Mar 31, 2020, 10:08 PM

Of course it was at night . . . dad paddled us around Dr Calhoun's pond . . . it scared the #### out of me everytime one hit . . . Mom must have fussed at him for having me out all night, cuz we never went again

Re: You ever go jigger poling?***

Mar 31, 2020, 10:13 PM [ in reply to You ever go jigger poling?*** ]

Hey Spud what’s the river behind the zoo? We use to catch some nice stripers out of there when I worked in Columbia. Freelining shiners out of a kayak.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had to be the Saluda . . .

Apr 1, 2020, 12:04 AM

beautiful water . . . longingly look at her everytime I cross

Re: You ever go jigger poling?***

Apr 1, 2020, 8:26 PM [ in reply to You ever go jigger poling?*** ]

Yes sir! Many a time Daddy and I fished the Combahee, Ashepoo, Salkehatchie and the Edisto rivers with a jigger pole. We used a medium stout cane pole with a piece of hay wire firmly attached bent down about a foot at the end with a eye twisted in the end. To that we wired about a eight inch or so piece of fat back with three hooks attached together. The fat back was cut down to the skin about every half inch to give it a good swimming action. That rig was death to many a jack fish and bass. As Archie use to say those were the days!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Time to start wading the Russellville Flats . . .

Apr 1, 2020, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Time to start wading the Russellville Flats . . . ]

Was out there Saturday fishing and saw 3 over 10 ft. On a side note though, the fishing was awesome!

Re: So SC banned access to fishing...a source of food...before

Mar 31, 2020, 9:30 PM

If you have a commercial fishing license then you can still fish. Don't blame the governor, not his fault that there was large gatherings seen along the beaches of lake Hartwell and Keowee to name a few.

Mar 31, 2020, 9:32 PM

Here is the issue with that in Charleston. Most of the kids who went to sandbar parties are the blame. Now they block access to boat ramps that most of the kids don’t use anyway. Their boats are parked out back on a creek or at a marina. No need for ramps for them. The only people this is hurting in the recreational boaters or fishermen.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2020, 9:35 PM

Not hurting the industry in Shem Creek along with the boat ramp just up from there. Simply display your commercial permit!

Apr 1, 2020, 7:40 AM [ in reply to Re: So SC banned access to fishing...a source of food...before ]

Went over Limehouse last Friday and it was low tide . There were at a minimum 20 boats on the Red Top sandbar and probably 60 people gathered on it .

This is why we can't have nice things , because so many "adults" in our midst haven't the foggiest idea of playing ball .

DB23

Apr 1, 2020, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Re: So SC banned access to fishing...a source of food...before ]

Exactly marinas are still putting boats in for customers

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

I can put out a trotline with a john boat........

Apr 1, 2020, 2:01 AM

If meat is your goal, don't need no boat ramp.

YMMV

Apr 1, 2020, 7:34 AM

Commercial fishermen are still allowed to operate .

DB23

Apr 1, 2020, 10:47 AM

Obviuosly this crisis is costing the the state tons of revenue. It looks like DNR is trying to keep afloat by having anyone wanting to fish pay the extra cash for a commercial license?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who knew that yelling "Movie Theater!" in the middle of

Apr 1, 2020, 11:33 AM

a crowded lake could cause so much panic?

I blama Spud.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2020, 11:42 AM

But we keep electing the same idiots

Apr 1, 2020, 12:12 PM

They closed public boat ramps and DNR controlled waters. Our lakes are open and private boat ramps are open. Pay the 10 launch fee and go fishing. That way you can quit complaining. This past weekend on our lakes was terrible. Rednecks had all their boats tied together partying all over lake Murray. Ruined it for everyone. You can still use private ramps and you can still fish.

Re: And just when I thought people couldn't get any

Apr 2, 2020, 3:21 PM

stupider. We have this. SMH

Screw Calford.

Apr 2, 2020, 5:25 PM

You can only fish from a boat? Interesting. You should go tell all those people I see fishing from bridges and the banks on Hartwell.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic