Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, Notre Dame only beat Louisville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

So, Notre Dame only beat Louisville

Nov 2, 2020, 2:20 PM

12 to 7....anyone watch this game? Any details?

Crazy low score.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, Notre Dame only beat Louisville

Nov 2, 2020, 3:04 PM

It's pretty simple...

ND FG
ND FG
....crap load of time goes by
ND TD, missed XP

Their offense was hot garbage. But their fans are trying to pretend it never happened.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These things happen .

Nov 2, 2020, 3:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND is the darling right now. They only beat a bad Lousiville

Nov 2, 2020, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: So, Notre Dame only beat Louisville ]

team 12-7.

They only beat Ga Tech 31-13 in Atlanta, two weeks after Clemson beat Ga Tech in Atlanta 73-7.

Re: ND is the darling right now. They only beat a bad Lousiville

Nov 3, 2020, 8:10 AM

I am hardly ever a fan of the transitive property of equality as it pertains to CFB, but in this case particularly so. Clemson’s team will be at least 20% different when it takes the field, due to injury/illness. That will include both the offensive and defensive play callers.

Let’s just play this game and see how it turns out.

Nov 3, 2020, 7:22 AM [ in reply to Re: So, Notre Dame only beat Louisville ]

Irish fans are very well aware of the offensive limitations, primarily due to the lack of quality receivers. One won't be back until next year, the other is out until mid November with a hammy. Too many times Book fails to go deep even if it's just to keep the D honest. That's the biggest complaint most have with him. Hard to argue with his record as a starter, but he needs to play at another level, when playing a Clemson or Bama.

ND will Have to be Perfect!

Nov 4, 2020, 6:25 PM

Irish1 said:

Irish fans are very well aware of the offensive limitations, primarily due to the lack of quality receivers. One won't be back until next year, the other is out until mid November with a hammy. Too many times Book fails to go deep even if it's just to keep the D honest. That's the biggest complaint most have with him. Hard to argue with his record as a starter, but he needs to play at another level, when playing a Clemson or Bama.

ND will have to be almost flawless and Clemson would have to be on it's C+ game on down for the Irish to win i.m.o.
There is a gap between the two schools in quality depth. The starters for ND could play anywhere; but after that - what?
All the playing everybody Clemson has done pays off big in games like this! If we have someone go down we replace them with someone that has a great deal of college snaps!

Not so sure you can use the Louisville game - but it did reveal some things I think Clemson can exploit! The country "will not see" a fully loaded Clemson versus ND; but we should have some guys healthier and ready Saturday! If we ever get to a point where we are 100% healthy - the country will not want to see this team on the field!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 3:12 PM

Excellent D, lousy offense by both teams. All you really need to know. If the Tigers paly some D on Saturday, the feuding leprechauns will not be scoring many points.

Nov 2, 2020, 3:12 PM

Play

I concur!

Nov 2, 2020, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Re: So, Notre Dame only beat Louisville ]

I do not look at their offense and go: "oh boy, we are going to have our hands full"! Like I did with LSU in January. Or Bama the year before that or even Ohio State last year! You just go - oh, okay you are good - but we go against way better in practice everyday in practice ( if you are a Clemson defender)!

Just my take from what I have seen of Notre Dame to date!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watched a good bit of it. Had to change it before a

Nov 2, 2020, 3:32 PM

severe bout of ennui occurred.

Play calling was so bland that oatmeal complained about both offenses at halftime. ND runs an off tackle play that goes nowhere 25 times and then 15yds the 26th time. Blah, rinse, repeat, blah.

Louisville couldn't do anything, no running, no passing...they may have well just taken a knee after the snap most of the time. In the 2nd half, their QB made some nice runs and a receiver made a couple of catches.....7pts weeeeeee!!!!

And it wasn't really that the defenses were that good, sure the ND LBs played ahhite, but their DBs were beat several times, QB just didn't get them the ball.

My take away wasn't that the defenses were dominant, more that the offenses were handicapped by coaches trying not to make a mistake. Playing not to lose, instead of trying to win. ND plays that way against us, we'll paste them. However, I don't think that will be their plan.

"Play calling was so bland that oatmeal complained"

Nov 2, 2020, 6:16 PM

Very few posts on PoliticsNet make me laugh any more. This one did. Good job.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: I watched a good bit of it. Had to change it before a

Nov 4, 2020, 7:54 AM [ in reply to I watched a good bit of it. Had to change it before a ]

severe bout of ennui occurred.

Play calling was so bland that oatmeal complained about both offenses at halftime. ND runs an off tackle play that goes nowhere 25 times and then 15yds the 26th time. Blah, rinse, repeat, blah.

Louisville couldn't do anything, no running, no passing...they may have well just taken a knee after the snap most of the time. In the 2nd half, their QB made some nice runs and a receiver made a couple of catches.....7pts weeeeeee!!!!

And it wasn't really that the defenses were that good, sure the ND LBs played ahhite, but their DBs were beat several times, QB just didn't get them the ball.

My take away wasn't that the defenses were dominant, more that the offenses were handicapped by coaches trying not to make a mistake. Playing not to lose, instead of trying to win. ND plays that way against us, we'll paste them. However, I don't think that will be their plan.

That's what their plan was the last time they played us and got sonned

Thanks all for the responses.

Nov 2, 2020, 3:49 PM

I wondered if key players were out....offenses were that bad......or if the D's were that good.

Re: Thanks all for the responses.

Nov 2, 2020, 4:00 PM

So what. We struggled to be BC. Every day is different

Yes we did....

Nov 2, 2020, 4:02 PM

So what? I was asking about a specific game and what someone who watched it might have seen.

Thanks for your excellent contribution.

Apparently, chivalry and decency are dead.***

Nov 3, 2020, 1:01 AM

Without our best DL, Tyler Davis, and two of our

Nov 2, 2020, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Thanks all for the responses. ]

three starting LB's.

Re: Thanks all for the responses.

Nov 2, 2020, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Thanks all for the responses. ]

We?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 10:09 PM

TLD, throwin da shade! That’s my girl!

I had my shot and I blew it. To the winners go the spoils!!!!!??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic