Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Day wants mid yrs to be able to play in spring season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 939

So Day wants mid yrs to be able to play in spring season

Aug 13, 2020, 9:54 AM

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29646765/buckeyes-ryan-day-wants-spring-college-football-season-start-early-january

If they allow a mid yr to play, I think they should lose a yr of eligibility and still count towards the 2021 recruiting class at minimum, meaning they cant count them towards 2020 class if room is available and then go out and recruit more players for the 2021 class to take their place. I dont know how that would even work due to scholarship limits, and I assume OSU maintains a full roster for 2020.

I could live with allowing them to practice but not play in any games due that if you let them play, it would set up an unfair playing field for the 2021 season. Instead of mid yrs getting the normal benefit of working out with the team and spring practices, they would be getting a whole season of game experience on top of that, granted they would lose a yr of eligibility. Even if they redshirted, they would still have 4 games that the other conferences wouldnt have available. All schools that play in fall would have freshmen entering 2021 with no game experience and OSU would have a group of would be freshman that would be entering with a full season under their belt or at least 4 games.

One caveat, this could cause some potential recruiting challenges down the road a few yrs for OSU. If you made them lose a yr of eligibility, then essentially they could lose a good portion of their freshman class depending on how many we are talking about and that would throw off their recruiting schedule/rotation. 3 years down the road you would be replacing your normal senior class and probably a significantly higher number of juniors leaving early due that the mid yrs would have played 4 seasons already. It would completely throw off their recruiting balance akin to when we signed the Dandy dozen which we still have not completely evened out. To this day, we still have that yr in our cycle where we are limited in numbers, although we seem to be doing just fine with it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Day wants mid yrs to be able to play in spring season

Aug 13, 2020, 9:56 AM

Someone should tell Day his Spring ball always starts in January, right after he loses to us in December. Aint nothing changed for the Buck Nuts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 10:00 AM

I will be SHOCKED, totally and completely SHOCKED, if there is Spring football. Way too many obstacles to overcome.

The talk about Spring football is nothing more than trying to appease fans and players now. But, come January, there will be no Spring football. Not gonna happen. No way.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 10:15 AM

Day needs to understand what the rest of us understand, he has ducked in and out of the power 5 since 2003, and apparently he missed out on the way things are done. If he wants to get along, he should go along until he fully understands the NCAA rules, and the way that they work with the power 5. He is sounding like Jim Harbaugh, and wanting to change things to his understanding!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 10:15 AM

Day's cheeks will be FLAMING red when Clemson/ND and Alabama/Dogs are the preliminary bouts for the Oculus...Lincoln Riley might have a conniption fit himself, but at least he will be playing...I hope Day loses his top 22 to the portal...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 939
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic