Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Columbia area TiGER Fans..what's the Coots saying about our (2nd) Natty?!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 3,225

So Columbia area TiGER Fans..what's the Coots saying about our (2nd) Natty?!

Jan 26, 2017, 12:52 PM

What hear You?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It was an illegal pick play! 'Bama really won."***

Jan 26, 2017, 12:52 PM

But, thank God, I don't live in Cootlumbia.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Saw a coot on FGF call the play as it really happened...

Jan 26, 2017, 1:29 PM

Scott was wrapped up and tackled by one DB (should have been d-holding but wasn't called) putting them both in the way of the DB who was covering Hunter...perfectly legal play...I have it recorded and I've watched it many times reg speed and slow motion

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "It was an illegal pick play! 'Bama really won."***

Jan 26, 2017, 2:52 PM [ in reply to "It was an illegal pick play! 'Bama really won."*** ]

It was an illegal play as soon as the Bama guy #26 took down # 3 Scott. Better yet, the play before that, #28 shove down all American WR #7 Mike Williams that would have been a game winning TD. Bama made two back to back penalties to try and prevent us from winning that game, they lost, live with it Bama. We know that y'all was trying to run the time off the clock by intentionally creating penalties. It didn't work even with y'all cheating!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Columbia area TiGER Fans..what's the Coots saying about our (2nd) Natty?!

Jan 26, 2017, 1:04 PM

It's been a dream. Not a peep. No 5 bomb references. Honestly, they can't say anything about Clemson football in regards to their own program. They know, we know, and that's IT!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Columbia area TiGER Fans..what's the Coots saying about our (2nd) Natty?!

Jan 26, 2017, 1:19 PM

Very, very quiet around Columbia

Heard this one today in the hall:

Jan 26, 2017, 1:06 PM

"I'm tired of hearing Go Tigers. We'll see how good you are next year."

I did not respond as I was just minding my own business.

Crickets...

Jan 26, 2017, 1:24 PM

I moved here the last year of the 5 wins for them. Flags on every other car, everyone wearing C**k shirts and hats...Now... nothing. They have to walk into the Harbison Publixs and Sam's Club and see the Clemson National Championship SI's... LOL

They are all in shock and really don't know how to accept it. Especially after the beatdown at Clemson. If you think it is nice celebrating the win in Clemson, its even better here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Thx..about what I expected; same quietness around here too!

Jan 26, 2017, 1:27 PM

How nice! LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Crickets...

Jan 26, 2017, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Crickets... ]

It is sweet without having to say a word, just wear your NC gear that says all that needs to be said. Dead crickets every where in cootlumbia!!!! Now I do see an occasional coot-Clemson mixed flag on a car!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Yup. And I get the feeling that it bothers them even more

Jan 26, 2017, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Crickets... ]

that the Cola Tigers I know don't even bring it up in conversation, like it's not worth discussing with them because their opinions don't matter, which they don't.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sports Radio basically ignored it: lot of WBB talk going on***

Jan 26, 2017, 1:34 PM

Gonna go out on a limb and guess

Jan 26, 2017, 1:50 PM

"Bought and paid for"

Never saw anyone claim this about their baseball trophies

Jan 26, 2017, 2:13 PM

I have been every where around cootlumbia wearing my NC gear, and I've spent 4 days and nights with my wife at Baptist hospital, and nothing negative. I have heard a lot of congrats to Clemson on their NC win. And a lot of nurses wearing some type of Clemson gear.

Jan 26, 2017, 2:21 PM

To be honest, on 107.5 The Game they are all (basket)balls deep in women's basketball right now. I assume they are trying to stay preoccupied. Although right after the natty, all they could say was how the bright side of this clemson win is it will "elevate all south carolina programs" due to the fact they share a state with us and the worst part was having to witness that goober Josh Kendall from The State put out an article pointing out that Carolina can be natty bound if they change one or two things about recruiting (This was Wednesday, two days after the natty win and one day after our spread in the paper). The articles front page photo was that of the natty trophy with a Bentley reflection. The sad truth is that they aren't interested in creating their own brand, therefore they will continue to try and be like us or any other elite program in the hopes of copying success...and buddy....that isn't how elite programs are built.

As if they didn't have Bama's coattails to ride, now us too?***

Jan 26, 2017, 2:44 PM

Jan 26, 2017, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: So Columbia area TiGER Fans..what's the Coots saying about our (2nd) Natty?! ]

They built and indoor practice field after us, and now they are planning a FB operation center like, you got it, like us. Before they spend all their money on gimmicks as they are using it. They need to hire or appoint an intelligent young coach, and let him put together a championship coaching staff, then go out and recruit the best players in the country and keep them through signing day. Trying to keep up with our facilities just won't do it. That is just a part of the ingredients that has to be mixed in with all else!!!

Jan 26, 2017, 2:25 PM

I am an engineer and work with several SCar engineering graduates and other fans and they have been surprisingly complimentary. I have noticed the graduates actually wearing more SCar shirts since we won. I can't wear t-shirts but wear something orange, purple or both almost everyday and occasionally get comments but I just explain that we are National Champions and they quietly walk away. Mostly though just silence, the way it should be. I definitely don't miss the days of their little streak...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

I've actually received a lot of compliments/congrats

Jan 26, 2017, 3:01 PM

The reaction has been surprising to say the least. Several die hard coot fans who thoroughly enjoyed ribbing me during "the streak" were very congratulatory. I think our title, combined with their recent decline, broke their spirit (at least for the time being)...if they get another whiff of success I'm sure the obnoxiousness will return.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama didn't really want to be there.***

Jan 26, 2017, 3:03 PM

Re: Bama didn't really want to be there.***

Jan 26, 2017, 3:17 PM

You are more right than you may think bc, they really didn't want to be there bc they were afraid of what actually happened, they got beat by a lowly ACC Clemson power house team that they knew was coming. Clemson's ACC size and speed they knew was going to be very hard to beat!!!

There's really nothing left for them to say.

Jan 26, 2017, 3:33 PM

Everything they've thrown at us - that we're basically a glorified directional school who has no business being on the field the big boys of college football, that we play in a lesser conference, that we play a schedule full of patsies, that once we got to the playoff we'd get outcoached & outclassed by Urban Meyer & Ohio State, that once we got to the finals we'd be soundly whipped by almighty Bama - has been decisively refuted. And best of all, in winning the national championship, we took down the mighty colossus whose coattails they've been so pathetically clinging to.

The Clemson Tigers are the best team in college football & the 2016 national champion - it's been settled on the field. The ACC right now is the best conference in college football - & the numbers back it up. So what could be any possible retort to that?

I've been wearing my Clemson shirt or Clemson hat all around town (as have thousands of other Clemson alums & fans around here) & while I haven't got any evil looks, I haven't heard a single word of congratulation either. However I did have one friend concede that he wasn't really upset about Alabama going down. Not many Gamecock fans even want to talk about football these days, though I have heard a few of them say something like "you'd be a 2- or 3-loss team in the SEC" (they still can't let go of their conference-superiority complex). They're all about basketball right now - they do have themselves a great women's team & a pretty darn good men's team - & they're excited about the upcoming baseball season.

Re: There's really nothing left for them to say.

Jan 26, 2017, 11:20 PM

We took out the best that the big 10 has, the best that the mighty SEC has, the second best that the ACC has, but we would be a 2 or 3 loss team in the mighty SEC where we took their best that has been their best for a decade in the Bama crimson tide!!! 56-7

I will say this much.

Jan 26, 2017, 4:12 PM

Here in Greer/Taylors, a gentleman in my church choir is a HUGE Alabama fan. He has had very few words to say to me lately.

But, I can guarantee you that he will be pulling for us on September 9, 2017.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

The ones I'm around either don't want to talk about it

Jan 26, 2017, 4:17 PM

or they want to talk about women's BB, which is just sad

Re: The ones I'm around either don't want to talk about it

Jan 26, 2017, 11:25 PM

Denial is a sickness that most every coot has. There must not be a cure for the jealous sickness bc they have had it for a very long time, over a 100 years!!!

Let's be honest....

Jan 26, 2017, 11:36 PM

The Coots are already worried about Natty number 3.

:)

Re: Let's be honest....

Jan 26, 2017, 11:39 PM

I would bet a gold nugget they are!!!

Nothing.

Jan 26, 2017, 11:57 PM

Silence :)

They only talk about women's basketball

Jan 27, 2017, 12:14 AM

Or nothing at all

Replies: 29
| visibility 3,225
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic