Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Waddle out gained Smith 557 to 483 yards
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Waddle out gained Smith 557 to 483 yards

Dec 29, 2020, 7:02 PM

and 4 to 1 in TDs before his injury.

Smith might not even be the best WR on his own team, definitely wasn’t the first option with a full roster, and will likely win the Heisman. It is just crazy to me the cognitive dissonance the college football world has shown this year. Somehow, simultaneously, everyone knows that TLaw is the best player in the country while knowing he isn’t the front runner for the Heisman.

I hope he goes out with a bang in the CFP and leaves no doubt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smith is a great WR

Dec 29, 2020, 7:11 PM

He's better than Jerry Jeudy and Henry Ruggs were last year. Trevor's Heisman hopes were killed by missing 2 games. If it isn't Trevor, Devonta Smith is the most deserving.

However, Jaylen Waddle is definitely the best of the Alabama's foursome the last 2 years. It's almost funny his injury cleared the way for a teammate to win the Heisman. He will tear up the NFL if fully healthy. As much as I dislike Alabama, I feel bad he missed so much of the season. Saban didn't rule him out returning for the championship game if they advance.

Re: Smith is a great WR

Dec 29, 2020, 7:19 PM

So, in a Covid season, the number of games DO matter? I'm having a hard time keeping this straight. I thought Ohio State proves the number of games DO NOT matter. It's all so confusing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with you

Dec 29, 2020, 7:55 PM

Cincy should have got in. Even A&M would have been a better choice but nobody wanted to see a rematch with Alabama on TV.

Games definitely matter[1]
[1] Except for Ohio State in 2020.

Great observation. 6-0 good to go. 9-0 not good

Dec 29, 2020, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Smith is a great WR ]

enough. It’s a shame for Trevor. I can’t think of a quarterback in college with a better resume than his-ever. Disclaimer is that I did not google this.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great observation. 6-0 good to go. 9-0 not good

Dec 29, 2020, 8:38 PM

Which do you think TL would rather have - one Heisman or two Natty's

Two national Championships. One of the many

Dec 29, 2020, 8:44 PM

attributes that make him who he is. I stand by my humble opinion that he is the best player in college football.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Smith is a great WR

Dec 29, 2020, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Smith is a great WR ]

Trevor didn’t lose the heisman by missing two games. He lost the heisman because he only had 5 td passes in three games after he came back. He just have enough tds and yards in a year when other qbs had many more yards and tds.

You can attribute that to many different things, but like Dabo says, it’s a stat award. Until competition somewhat catches up to us, a Clemson player will not win that award. Our players are taken out of all of these blowouts really early.

The funny thing is if you switched Trask and Tlaw, everyone on here would be outraged if someone said TLaw should win the heisman with only 22 td passes (29 tds overall) and less than 3000 yards. This place would go nuts saying that season is better than a 45 td and 4000+ yard season. Absolutely nuts.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic