Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Slurrier on Lorenzo Nunez (former Clemson target)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Slurrier on Lorenzo Nunez (former Clemson target)

Aug 5, 2015, 5:36 PM

Steve Spurrier Planning On Not Redshirting 4-Star Freshman QB Lorenzo Nunez

A true freshman quarterback could be seeing the field for South Carolina this fall.

Steve Spurrier said today that he’s not planning on redshirting four-star freshman quarterback Lorenzo Nunez.

The 6-foot-2, 190-pound prospect out of Kennesaw, Ga., is a dual-threat QB and was one of the top 20 players at his position in the 2015 recruiting class

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is he white? He will play over Fayrow Cooper***

Aug 5, 2015, 5:41 PM

You went race card? He would be the 3rd black (at least)

Aug 5, 2015, 5:49 PM

QB to start for coots under spurrier - if he starts. We used 3 qbs last year. I bet the coots need at least 3 to get thru the year.

Give it up

Aug 5, 2015, 5:53 PM

Just admit you are a coot already, you are fooling nobody. At least CC isn't scared to be a coot on tnet. You are just a troll parading as a Clemson fan when you are not on cockytalk. Coward

Re: You went race card? He would be the 3rd black (at least)

Aug 5, 2015, 6:21 PM [ in reply to You went race card? He would be the 3rd black (at least) ]

> QB to start for coots under spurrier

Can you name those three?

he started one of Lou's holdovers out of desperation

Aug 5, 2015, 6:57 PM [ in reply to You went race card? He would be the 3rd black (at least) ]

when Blake Mitchell got either hurt or arrested. Heffner I think, who transferred out the next season when Spurrier got himself a better (...heh, heh) QB.

Spurrier has never played a black QB that he himself recruited. This is a fact. Not sure he's even recruited more than maybe 3 or 4 in a 30 year career. Pretty sorry track record, there's no way for a Clucker to sugarcoat it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I typically RA Spurleg

Aug 5, 2015, 7:01 PM

for the rassist.

Re: You went race card? He would be the 3rd black (at least)

Aug 5, 2015, 7:43 PM [ in reply to You went race card? He would be the 3rd black (at least) ]

Yea why don't you just go the eff away? I'm responsible for bringing your pulse way down you little sh!t eating dirtpecker.

Go back to the fighting chickens forum.

Guess there's not much to talk about there though, eh? Oh, except that brilliant thread about Conner Mitch (### kind of name is that) being as good or better than Deshaun Watson...

That was pure gold Jerry, pure gold!

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Three?

Aug 5, 2015, 7:46 PM [ in reply to You went race card? He would be the 3rd black (at least) ]

Unless Syvelle Newton is 3 people, you may need a recount there.

Newton, heffner, nunez (as I said, "if he starts"). Look it

Aug 5, 2015, 10:21 PM

up. I could be wrong. I'm not up on black coot qbs history. But apparently neither are you.

Didn't they put a black qb in the nfl for several years? Not that that's any big deal....

Pathetic Cocklover

Aug 5, 2015, 11:02 PM

you try way too hard. ####, I'm embarrassed for you

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Newton, heffner, nunez (as I said, "if he starts"). Look it

Aug 6, 2015, 2:01 AM [ in reply to Newton, heffner, nunez (as I said, "if he starts"). Look it ]

Yea coot, yall, or we, as you would say any where else but this board, did in fact put turnover machine Anthony Wright in the league.

But Spurrier has NEVER given a black QB a fair chance. Go back and research it.

Why am I telling you this? I'm quite sure you are well aware of it.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

The future is now for SOS ....***

Aug 5, 2015, 5:42 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The future is now for SOS .... This year he could

Aug 5, 2015, 5:53 PM

blow out a rotator cuff throwing his visor. That would be hilarious

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're playing like there is no tomorrow, because for

Aug 5, 2015, 6:17 PM [ in reply to The future is now for SOS ....*** ]

these guys, there is no tomorrow.

(The Replacements)

Unless he learns to throw the ball...

Aug 5, 2015, 6:00 PM

it will take defenses no more than 2 plays to adjust and shut him down for the rest of the game. All the comments i've seen about him talk about how good he is at running and how bad he is at throwing:

"But it’s Nunez’s scrambling ability that sets him apart from the rest. [Pharoh] Cooper worked with the quarterbacks over the summer, and said there were times Nunez looked straight out of high school in how he read defenses and threw the ball. But when he used his feet, everything changed."
http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150805/PC20/150809641/

Re: Slurrier on Lorenzo Nunez (former Clemson target)

Aug 5, 2015, 6:15 PM

Wonder if slur's gonna call a bunch of "read the D" type pass plays down field?

Lol. Quite clear what this guy will be doing:

1. Taking off on predesigned pass plays disguised with deep routes, to clear all wr and te defenders and run free (if we're in man of course).

2. Designed QB draws.

3. Running the Option

4. Picking a target (pre-snap, and likely on a deep fade) and throwing to said target regardless of whether or not it's into triple coverage... which elimates slot guys up the seems as a viable option, so look for him to attack the sideline wrs.

5. He threw (i believe 6 tds and 14 ints his senior year of school...... for 803 yards with an astounding 47% completion rating).

6. They hardly ever threw thw ball ( like GT), hence every pass play should've been wide open. He just couldn't get the ball to his guys.

7. He will be embarrassed in his 1st game against big bro.

Aug 5, 2015, 6:22 PM

Nunez isn't a bad prospect. Not someone you'd like to rely upon his freshman year and I believe he is an inferior prospect to Kelly Bryant, with his complete inexperience in the passing game. Poor accuracy but decent arm strength. He could be a nice player for them by his junior year.

Aug 5, 2015, 6:38 PM

I really liked his film. Think he and Bryant where whoever wants to commit first. I was hoping we would take both but I think the staff want 2 different style qbs.

Aug 5, 2015, 6:48 PM

It will not matter, Carolinas defense will get shredded by Watson.

Tigers 45
Carolina 23

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2015, 7:05 PM

Nunez is not remotely ready as a passer, according to everybody I've talked to.

Connor Mitch, IMHO, is not remotely ready to do much of anything except die a lot. He's slow, with a slow release, and zero awareness of the pass rush. They might as well draw a chalk outline on the field before every snap, it'd save the forensics guys some time.

I was reasonably impressed with Perry Orth's awareness, quick trigger, and ability to improv, but he was small, and does not run overly well, and he has zero arm strength. He's a better option than Mitch, IMHO, but limited.

Best guess, as I've been saying, is that Spurrier rolls multiple QB's - probably Orth, Nunez, and some doses of Pharaoh Cooper in the wildcat - and lets each guy do what they do well. (Which in Connor Mitch's case, is not much.)

Spurrier doesn't really have a starting-caliber QB on the roster at the moment. I think he knows it already, hence the 4 QB's-taking-reps thing.

Not optimal. If it was any coach except Spurrier I'd already have the Gamecocks penciled in for 8-9 losses. As it is, he's going to have to coach his tail off to get above .500.

Aug 5, 2015, 7:13 PM

Going from 2 TDs and 8 INTs during his senior year in high school to playing meaningful minutes at a D1 program as a true freshman...

Yeah, that has disaster written all over it.

Aug 6, 2015, 9:12 AM

I'll say this about Nunez...we recruited him for a reason. He is a very good scrambler, has a strong, accurate arm and is very quick for a QB. Not sure how all of this translates to the college ranks yet, but if he develops well, he has all of the tools to be a great QB. The only problem is the only WR he has is Cooper.

http://www.hudl.com/v/8fY8x

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic