Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The grass on the other side of the (recruiting) fence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,275

The grass on the other side of the (recruiting) fence

Aug 6, 2015, 3:48 PM

Isn't always greener Mr. Smith.

You see, all of this fluff that these other schools are feeding you, they are able to do so because you are NOT COMMITTED TO THEM. If you were committed to Auburn or LSU or anyone else in the country and continued to take visits, they would be telling you the same thing Clemson did - "if you are visiting other schools, then we must continue to recruit others at your position."

Meanwhile, these other schools in pursuit are able to say things like "we are saving a spot for you" and "you're our guy at linebacker" and "all we want is you". You know- the same things Clemson told you BEFORE you committed.

See through the fluff Mr. Smith. Your heart made the right decision once already. Don't let your mind and these overtures cloud your judgement. Because here is what happens once you hit campus:

The coaches don't give 2 ##### how many stars were beside your name or how many tackles you had in hs or what all start games you played in. No Mr. Smith, the de-recruitment process is not pretty. There is no more fluff. All of that stuff you were told about how great you are and how you will be the man......that stuff no longer applies. It's you and the grind, along with the people and campus you decide to be around.

So you better think long and hard about that fluff. Cause when the rubber meets the road, it's just you and some homies on a lonely island just trying to survive......with no fluff in sight.

You know where that place is. You know who gives you the best chance at a successful career and life....... You've already made that choice once.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Slack

Aug 6, 2015, 3:56 PM

Cut the young man some slack...if he truly wants to be here ...he will sign. Just like the girl you asked to the prom that said yes, then as the prom approached got a better offer. She went with the other bozo and had a terrible time..and you got another date and had a blast. He is a kid, let him look around. Just my two cents.

Re: Slack

Aug 6, 2015, 4:25 PM

oh I am all for him looking around.....

Exiled2 couldn't get a prom date.

Aug 6, 2015, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Slack ]

He asked his mother, she said no.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Yep***

Aug 6, 2015, 5:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,275
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic