Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Simpson question.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,118

Simpson question.

Dec 14, 2019, 6:55 PM

Is it possible his offer had more to do with Burch than Flowe? Maybe this is a sign of staff giving up on Burch. Maybe there are thoughts of converting him to DE? I really haven’t followed his recruitment too closely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Offer& OV came after Wednesday Burch visit

Dec 14, 2019, 6:58 PM

Don't know where Simpson will play , but don't forget,Greg Williams came in as an LB and redshirted and will be a redshirt freshman DE next season. Should give us 8 DE's,unless someone bails.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Simpson question.

Dec 14, 2019, 6:59 PM

You haven't followed it because his recruitment basically didnt exist. Clemson was his dream school and he committed to Auburn early so the coaches didn't entertain him much. It effects flowe because Venables came out of his in home visit with flowe last week and flowe's had 2 official visits to Oregon and USC since then. It doesn't mean were out on flowe. It just means the coaches have no idea what his decision could be. It may literally come down to a day of decision.

Dec 14, 2019, 6:59 PM

You haven't followed it because his recruitment basically didnt exist. Clemson was his dream school and he committed to Auburn early so the coaches didn't entertain him much. It effects flowe because Venables came out of his in home visit with flowe last week and flowe's had 2 official visits to Oregon and USC since then. It doesn't mean were out on flowe. It just means the coaches have no idea what his decision could be. It may literally come down to a day of decision.

From descriptions of Simpson,

Dec 14, 2019, 7:10 PM

This probably points more towards Burch than anything. Trenton is a two-way athlete and, given his current frame, it's highly likely he projects to DE in the mold of Vic Beasley, which is the comparison made.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2019, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Simpson question. ]

His official to Oregon was 2-3 weeks ago. SoCal has been out of it for a while. Flowe may not be a 100% Clemson lock, but Simpson was likely influenced by Burch being in Athens this weekend.

Dec 14, 2019, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Simpson question. ]

Wrong, we only had 4 spots and coaches didn’t offer Simpson after the Flowe in home. They offered after Burch took his OV to UGA and not Clemson. That’s a big note, Simpson is too good to just let him slip when we have space and he landed his offer he’s been patient for.

Dec 14, 2019, 7:12 PM

I have doubts Simpson's visit/offer had anything to do with Burch or Flowe.

When you look at it, the role Burch and Simpson play on defense (rush the passer from the edge) is similar. Wouldn't rule out a correlation but Simpson must REALLY have wanted to play at Clemson if Dabo had him on a string until they gave up on Burch.

WDE in a 4-3 scheme*

Dec 14, 2019, 7:45 PM

I actually think it will more likely there are some transfer

Dec 14, 2019, 7:29 PM

Or more people leaving for NFL.

I think OJ did it. ***

Dec 14, 2019, 7:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think OJ did it. ***

Dec 14, 2019, 7:36 PM

Now, now, he’s been cleared. “The verdict stands as called on the field. First down.”

Re: I think OJ did it. ***

Dec 14, 2019, 8:07 PM [ in reply to I think OJ did it. *** ]

And Thomas Austin did NOT hold that defensive lineman...Some memories never fade.

Dec 14, 2019, 7:46 PM

One thing I do know is nobody on TigerNet knows how many open spots we will have. Lots of variables still to play out ...... transfers, red shirt juniors retiring, etc. If we took Trent Howard we certainly have room for Burch, Flowe, Simpson and more.

Dec 14, 2019, 7:54 PM

Coach Swinney was in Cootville watching Burch! He hasn't decided it's over yet, why should we,

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,118
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic