Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bucks of the NBA pull out of playoff game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Bucks of the NBA pull out of playoff game

Aug 26, 2020, 4:37 PM

Goodbye high salaries.. guess breach of contracts etc. to come...AMAZING!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for them. They put their money where their mouth is.

Aug 26, 2020, 4:39 PM

Regardless of which side you stand on, the fact that they've put their own benefit aside for others is impressive.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Good for them. They put their money where their mouth is.

Aug 26, 2020, 4:51 PM

Giannis will be fine. The balance will have a hard time with future contract extensions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good for them. They put their money where their mouth is.

Aug 26, 2020, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Good for them. They put their money where their mouth is. ]

Breach of contract never impressive ... what about the small vendors..cleaning services...security...etc. that get paid when the games are played...not impressive!!!

the players make very little sacrifice......

Aug 26, 2020, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Good for them. They put their money where their mouth is. ]

the money they have, they'll be fine.

but the workers that work to make the games happen is another story.

There is NO "side" to this - there's only reasonable Police

Aug 26, 2020, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Good for them. They put their money where their mouth is. ]

procedure and non-reasonable procedure. And guess what - the difference isn't up to public opinion nor the media nor the mobs.

Some things aren't determined "democratically" - some things are prescribed or mandated by the Professionals. This is one of them.

People who are falling in behind this latest "victim" without waiting for the full story, are just as meaningfully vile to this Society as would be any Cop who intentionally doesn't follow good protocol. That's because rushing to verdict PUTS LIVES UNNECESSARILY AT RISK.

Looking at YOU NBA and NFL, and some on this Board.

Shooting someone in the back 7 times is beyond

Aug 26, 2020, 5:44 PM

reason. Especially with his three kids only a few feet away.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shooting someone in the back 7 times is beyond

Aug 26, 2020, 6:46 PM

what if, hypothetically, he was reaching into his car for a gun to kill you with.
oh wait, his kids were right there, he'd never do that. never mind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Aug 26, 2020, 8:40 PM

Well these posts are aging well. Being reported DOJ confirmed there was a knife on the floorboard of car. I guess the cops should have waited until the knife was in one of them before politely asking a criminal to not do that again! Reach for a knife surrounded by cops and you get shot, period end of story regardless of skin color.

Aug 26, 2020, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Shooting someone in the back 7 times is beyond ]

It is just human nature to watch part of a confrontation where someone may have been shot and come to a conclusion, which often times turns out to be wrong. When these things go to a grand jury often times the police officer is not indicted because by that time the grand jury knows all of the facts. For example, the young man in St. Louis (Brown) that was kille, officer Wilson never went to trial as the evidence just didn't support it. Same with the guy in New York that died when he would not cooperate after getting arrested for selling illegal cigarettes. There is usually a lot more to the story than seen on a short video,

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quite merciful on their part

Aug 26, 2020, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Good for them. They put their money where their mouth is. ]

Recognizing Orlando had no chance and ending the carnage now to spare them further humiliation.

Re: Bucks of the NBA pull out of playoff game

Aug 26, 2020, 4:39 PM

So you are saying that Orlando Magic are back in the hunt. Down only 2-3 now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's interesting to me is that the news articles say

Aug 26, 2020, 4:52 PM

that they are boycotting the game, but no mention of forfeiting.

To me, if they refuse to play a scheduled game, and fail to show up on the court when the game is supposed to start, they FORFEIT.

Of course, I'm sure it won't be portrayed that way, because this is a racial issue and the NBA and media wouldn't dare portray them as the losers of this game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: What's interesting to me is that the news articles say

Aug 26, 2020, 5:48 PM

Aug 26, 2020, 4:55 PM

Numbskulls. That idiot deserved to get shot.

Aug 26, 2020, 7:14 PM

How so? I’m scanning mainstream media and haven’t found anything that indicates that.

Aug 26, 2020, 7:59 PM

The officers have their guns drawn on and I'm assuming telling him to get down or stop walking away. He proceeded to walk away from them to him drivers side door and open it to get something out. Is the cop suppose to just let him do that? What if he was grabbing a gun? Listen to the police and you probably will not get shot. Maybe not always but you will have better odds I would think. Idk what started tho whole thing though but I do know you should listen to the police even if you believe you are in the right. Take it to court if they are wrong dont resist arrest and cause something that didn't need to happen to happen.

Aug 26, 2020, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Bucks of the NBA pull out of playoff game ]

It is sad and pathetic that 4 people have given this post a "Thumbs Up." How very Christian of you

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2020, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Bucks of the NBA pull out of playoff game ]

That statement doesn't sound like you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2020, 8:28 PM

My statement was for "Carlsbad".

Aug 26, 2020, 5:00 PM

hey! watch what you say about our man Tree! ;)***

Aug 26, 2020, 5:12 PM

Aug 26, 2020, 5:11 PM

I wonder how many of them actually know the facts about the Blake case or just assumed it was racially motivated.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 26, 2020, 5:19 PM

NBA is an anti white racist league. The commissioner and owners are non white and the players are black. They all hate white people

Aug 26, 2020, 6:38 PM

What the f? A bunch of racist ranting round here, again.

NO - it's RACISM when you pre-judge a circumstance

Aug 26, 2020, 7:38 PM

before you have taken the time to gather all the facts.

That's Racism - and yes, it is SYSTEMIC in the Liberal Democrat community.

Luca is pretty white***

Aug 26, 2020, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Bucks of the NBA pull out of playoff game ]

That GW shot the other day tho!!!!***

Aug 26, 2020, 7:57 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, Adam silver is like the nerdiest looking white guy ever***

Aug 26, 2020, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Bucks of the NBA pull out of playoff game ]

Would be like a dream come true if they went bankrupt.***

Aug 26, 2020, 5:23 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2020, 6:48 PM

Wake me up when the NBA quits playing. I don't think I'll lose any sleep over whatever they do!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about baseball???

Aug 26, 2020, 6:55 PM

There are some games cancelled also tonight.

Does an unarmed man deserve to be shot 7 times in the back?

I don't blame athletes for doing this until a cop who deserves it, is punished...

Sorry Bozo - when a Man fights off Police and then turns his

Aug 26, 2020, 7:44 PM

back to them while reaching into a car where his hands can no longer be seen, he is NO LONGER considered to be "unarmed", especially when there are 3 children in harm's way. And it is the duty of the Police to shoot until the perpetrator no longer presents a threat.

It is a very simple procedural analysis based on the man's own actions.

It's called resisting arrest, ####.

Stop being a Racist yourself.

Re: Sorry Bozo - when a Man fights off Police and then turns his

Aug 26, 2020, 8:04 PM

I do believe they could have maybe tackled him or something before he got to his car door but he certainly resisted arrest and cause this whole thing to happen. People need to respect and listen to the police and if they believe the police are doing them wrong take it to court. Everything is on video now days so you can prove if you were innocent.

They had in fact ALREADY tried to tackle him on the other

Aug 27, 2020, 9:26 AM

side of the car, and had already tried to tase him.

THIS is the problem - people think their OPINION means something here. It doesn't.

There's good procedure, then there's bad procedure. If good procedure is followed, then the outcome is meaningless unfortunately. More to the point, the outcome becomes the responsibility of the Suspect.

People might as well be talking about Alien Life on Mars for all most of them know about Police procedure. They just need not S*T*F*U and let the Professionals handle situations. If people are concerned about things, then write a truck load of letters to your Congressmen. If he ignores that, then un-elect him. That's the way Democracy works; not by trying Police in the Court of CNN Justice.

Aug 26, 2020, 7:09 PM

How brave of them. They are sacrificing nothing and achieving nothing. Meanwhile minorities are murdered en masse every day in this country by people who aren't white and who aren't wearing a badge and these same self appointed arbiters of whats important couldn't care less. They should forfeit the game and their game check. See how many of them refuse to play once that happen. Heres a hint. It'll be the same number willing to speak out against literally anything China does to anyone. Zero.

Aug 26, 2020, 7:28 PM

I hope all her are not alumni or students. Callous racism still in full flourish worse than when I attended Clemson over 46 years ago. Sorry to see so little insight and rationality.

Aug 26, 2020, 7:52 PM

The issue with this action to me is that most of the people they’re trying to “change” are people who don’t watch the NBA anyway. I’d venture to guess that a very large percentage of their audience are already on board with their message.

Aug 26, 2020, 8:06 PM

That is exactly what I thought when I seen the announcement. Old racist white men dont watch the NBA. Idk what the are trying to accomplish.

Aug 26, 2020, 9:19 PM

What does the shooting have to do with old racist white men? Was he lynched? Was the officer in the klan? What is the message from the players? I’m so confused.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2020, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Bucks of the NBA pull out of playoff game ]

I turned it off the second they wore BLM shirts and had BLM plastered all over the place... Not because I hate BLM, but because sports is supposed to be an escape from reality, not an enlarged version of it.

Wait...

Aug 27, 2020, 8:43 AM

...the NBA started back?

Nobody on here will be smirking when the Tigers boycott.

Aug 27, 2020, 8:56 AM

And don't think it can't happen.

The youngsters love the NBA and take their lead from those guys. Even futbol players in Europe do.

I am 53 years old. Basketball to me is Bird and Parrish and Magic and the Bad Bay Pistons. I can't watch today's game. But that is beside the point. What's happening in sports is about what is happening in our society.

Try some understanding or don't be surprised when the college football season is boycotted.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Won't happen.

Aug 27, 2020, 8:58 AM

Dabo does a good job giving the players this essential thing called "perspective".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably not, but not b/c of Dabo. If anything, his comments

Aug 27, 2020, 11:58 AM

have not helped.

But the truth is college athletes have their scholarships held by their coaches, who are in essence benign dictators. Dabo is a good man and a great coach, but believe it, he still has some dictator in him.

That said, we have two players - ETN and TLaw - who COULD afford to boycott. Everyone knows TLaw is the overall #1 pick next year. He could use his position to challenge the 3-year rule among other things.

ETN should be a first rounder too. ETN is free to walk right now. If he did boycotted, it would get some attention.

Both have platforms, should they choose to use them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Imo, there is a misconception which leads some to believe...

Aug 27, 2020, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Nobody on here will be smirking when the Tigers boycott. ]

that middle America gives a chit what the NBA players think or that black lives don't matter. It's quite SJWish to suggest that those of us who haven't watched or care for professional sports including the NBA do not take the position that black lives matter. That is not necessarily true and is quite unfair to those of us who have black folks our families, black neighbors we consider family and absolutely no hate for others based on color of skin.

Some of us hate but the many of us who have learned that hate is cancer of the soul and poison to the spirit and it's risky to live with.

This may be hard to believe but while I hate BLM for the destruction and goal of tearing down America so BLM can rebuild it confounds me. What has this organization built, when did it build anything and where is its product that I might examine the structure to see if it will hold this nation together?

If I say I support the NBA and BLM I am a liar but I refuse to lie, even if it prevents being called or labeled a racist. I also refuse to remain silent.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic