Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ESPN analyst says Clemson's dominance doesn't fit media narrative
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

TNET: ESPN analyst says Clemson's dominance doesn't fit media narrative

Nov 21, 2019, 8:00 AM

ESPN analyst says Clemson's dominance doesn't fit media narrative

Some ESPN college football analysts are finally getting on board with the idea that Clemson might be a better team than it was a year ago and might just be better than media darling LSU.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ESPN analyst says Clemson's dominance doesn't fit media narrative

Nov 21, 2019, 8:05 AM

Great synopsis, and I believe they are absolutely correct. Line'em up, and let's go play. We ain't skeered!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2019, 11:15 AM

Agreed. I think it is, given our schedule, understandable that we are being ranked 3 (or 5 early on). We can't help that it has been a down year for the ACC.

But if OSU & LSU win out then they deserve to be ranked ahead of us - just based on SOS.

That being said, I think we beat LSU because of their defense and we beat OSU because of our ability to spread the field and beat them with speed.

This is why they have the playoffs - so it is decided on the field (we would never get voted #1) - thank goodness for the CFP !!

Nov 21, 2019, 2:21 PM

I agree with what you're saying a 100%, but what is scary and upmost worrisome for me is this; what if those folks that are appointed for the playoff committee, if not this year but in the future decided to keep Clemson outside of the top 4 of the playoff bc of SOS, bc the ACC is terrible from top to bottom with the exception of Clemson. And Clemson's OOC competition that we play is just terrible like the ACC teams on our schedule, and we're just rolling over everybody we play, bc everybody we play is just plain terrible teams. And we roll over who ever we play in the ACC championship game. And we don't play anybody with a pulse during the regular season, or in the ACC championship.

We could have the best team that we've ever had in the history of Clemson FB, but we don't get a chance to prove just how good we are bc the committee don't allow us in the top 4 bc everybody they have in their top 4 maybe undefeated or have lost a game to a top 20 team, but all have played and beat a couple of top 20 teams. That would no doubt leave us on the outside looking in with what maybe the best Clemson Tiger team ever!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2019, 8:32 PM

Don’t see the committee ever keeping an undefeated conference champ out. Just means we have zero room to breathe. No one loss seasons are gonna cut it until the ACC gets better as a whole.

Nov 22, 2019, 5:44 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN analyst says Clemson's dominance doesn't fit media narrative ]

No doubt the conference needs to have a better resume' in football. Swofford is partly to blame,, because he has let basketball carry the load for our conference. I know he was a football player for UNC, but he couldn't see the huge upside football brings when adding to the conference (with the exception of FSU back in the day). Hopefully FSU and some others start showing back up as factors. If not, what you have said will remain a huge elephant in the room for us, especially, and for the rest of the conference when it comes to getting the kind of players needed to be a factor. Face it, Swofford needs to go, and go quickly!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that the same elephant in the room that we

Nov 22, 2019, 5:53 PM

Spanked last year in the Natty?

Re: Is that the same elephant in the room that we

Nov 23, 2019, 9:16 AM

Probably a different one, but that Elephant dressed in red did get a beat down, for sure.

So you think we have a chance?

Nov 21, 2019, 8:09 AM

;)

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: So you think we have a chance?

Nov 21, 2019, 9:24 AM

Let's just hope Penn State isn't in there. They would light us up! ;)

Nov 21, 2019, 11:33 AM

Tim, I think you've been hacked. Penn State barely beat a middle of the conference Pitt team. If you watched that game Pitt outplayed them. Pitt's largest victory this year was a 10 point win over Ohio and only beat Delaware by 3 points.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2019, 11:42 AM

Did you see my ;) ? I live in western PA and have watched a lot of the Penn State games. They are a top 15 team at best. Clemson would absolutely crush them. I think OSU is the only team that might be able to compete with the Tigers. I also think OSU will crush Penn State this week.

This addresses the narrative, but what about the optics?***

Nov 21, 2019, 8:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This addresses the narrative, but what about the optics?***

Nov 21, 2019, 8:21 AM

Nov 21, 2019, 8:17 AM

We all know they're good. We all know that the final score is usually amassed by halftime and production falls off 2nd half from backups playing. We all know if our starters played an entire game as if every down depended on winning, the score and defeat would be a nightmare for the other team. Point is, we all know what the true narrative and capability of this team is.

Message was edited by: AmeriTiger®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shhhhhhhhhh!

Nov 21, 2019, 8:30 AM

Can we NOT just keep all that to ourselves?! Let’s just let it be ANOTHER big surprise to all the experts come January 13, 2020. . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Shhhhhhhhhh!

Nov 21, 2019, 11:16 AM

do our talking on the field

Re: Shhhhhhhhhh!

Nov 22, 2019, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Shhhhhhhhhh! ]

Absolutely shhhhhhhh. I cannot wait until when we are a dog (yet again!) in the playoffs.
Easy easy money

What makes us so good is that

Nov 22, 2019, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN analyst says Clemson's dominance doesn't fit media narrative ]

we DON'T play our starters the whole game!

Re: What makes us so good is that

Nov 23, 2019, 9:38 AM

This is what beats a team like LSU--they can't wear Clemson down with their offense.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Nov 21, 2019, 8:24 AM

:)

Nov 21, 2019, 8:44 AM

Chip firmly in place

Line em up, knock em down

Nov 21, 2019, 9:02 AM

Man, that's hard to wrap my brain around...being better than that Clemson team last year. That team was so good...that game in California was the best I've ever seen a team play football. And to be even better now. My goodness.

Nov 21, 2019, 9:14 AM

People keep talking about the UNC game, they just don't understand the chemistry of the whole thing. There are strong ties between Dabo and Mack Brown. Believe it or not, there were emotional and personal feeling involved here. Mack Brown is like a father to Dabo. You would never want a surgeon operate on his father and do a good job. Get it?

The difference this year is even the CFP committee bought it

Nov 21, 2019, 9:19 AM

Let's not forget the committee started out by saying Clemson wasn't worthy of the playoff, but Penn State was. In years past it seems the committee didn't buy the BS media narrative. But now even they have. I'm just looking forward to the playoff when the talking is over and the playing of the games begins.

PLEASE don't respect us until after the natty.

Nov 21, 2019, 9:28 AM

It helps!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's time to pin our ears back and run some RPO's.***

Nov 21, 2019, 10:01 AM

Rat poison.***

Nov 21, 2019, 10:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is the "Harley Race" of college football...

Nov 21, 2019, 10:15 AM

Like TV wrestling, you don't see much of him until the championships, but when you do you know it's over.

Lugs should have been the lead picture in his Cap robe***

Nov 21, 2019, 11:43 AM

Nov 21, 2019, 11:52 AM

Build us up...tear us down...rinse and repeat. The media are hilarious. It finally got to a point in the season where the talking heads could no longer squeeze us into their narrative box, due to statistics and facts. Their precious eye test has failed them. LOL

Nov 22, 2019, 6:24 AM

We might be worse than last year too. There is no way of knowing at this stage. We will know in the playoff.

Nov 22, 2019, 6:24 AM

We might be worse than last year too. There is no way of knowing at this stage. We will know in the playoff.

Why do they think they need a narrative. Just talk about the games

Nov 22, 2019, 6:47 AM

and That should suffice.

null

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic