Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serious questions on where our team is at:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Serious questions on where our team is at:

Nov 1, 2020, 8:30 AM

1). Why is it that every year our offensive line doesn’t seem that impressive at this point in the season? Then we ##### and moan etc. but then it seems like we are ready by cfp. As I recall we dominated Notre Dame and Bama in the playoffs and then did ok vs Ohio St last year. Can we get our #### together by Saturday?

2). On defense, I know it was Miami and I know we have injuries. But why did we look like world beaters against Miami and Georgia Tech and then struggle Saturday? Will we be back to prime on Saturday?

3). Is it all our OLine’s fault that LJD just doesn’t look the same this year? Last year I was comfortable with him as a backup. TE has turned the corner on passing and is just next level so I know it’s tough to compare. Just doesn’t seem like LJD is quite the same this year.

The good notes: DJU was ridiculous yesterday. First start as a Freshman, 300 yards, 3 TDs, accurate. Bresee looks like a Junior out there playing. Our one fumble was a 14 point swing. Fix that and . . .

Also, hope we get some fresh bodies back this week.

I think we will win, but definitely not betting 100:1 on this one. I don’t need $8.60 that bad.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Serious questions on where our team is at:

Nov 1, 2020, 8:37 AM

Defense- Don’t forget that one of the touchdowns was scored off of our offense and the second half we completely shut them down. If we get into the playoffs this year the defense will have to carry us as we haven’t shown that we can run the ball effectively all year. Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re right. Makes it easier to have a record comeback when

Nov 1, 2020, 8:47 AM

They don’t score in the second half.

And defense scored 2 net points given

Nov 1, 2020, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Serious questions on where our team is at: ]

By D was 19

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 8:52 AM

I think potentially this team can be very good but right now i see a lot of lazy efforts and poor preparation going on. A total lack of focus. This team has shien they can when they want to. Problem is, they look like they go into lazy mode far too often. Missing key players doesnt help, but dabo needs to bench some of the players with poor efforts.

The leadership on this team neeeds to chew some buts. If you correct this, the team will be ok. But right now we need some vocal leadership, accountability and an iron hand.

I'd work on spelling first

Nov 1, 2020, 8:56 AM

reading helps

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

He clearly neeeds more shien***

Nov 1, 2020, 9:29 AM

you can't say "I know we have injuries, but why..."

Nov 1, 2020, 8:57 AM

Key players were out (6?), the team dynamic changes drastically! It's not rocket surgery!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Well if that’s what it is entirely, then my apologies.

Nov 1, 2020, 9:01 AM

Hope we get some folks back. I’m so impressed with Bresee. Not just physically but mentally. I was truly impressed with his effort on the safety. He never stops on the play even trying to pick up what he thinks is a fumble or whatever. Many players stop with the hit and celebrate but he was thinking that play through all the way to the finish.

Re: you can't say "I know we have injuries, but why..."

Nov 1, 2020, 12:40 PM [ in reply to you can't say "I know we have injuries, but why..." ]

James Skalski is the most underrated player - and leader.

And if our deep threats keep on being MIA, defenses will start crimping down on the short stuff.

Nov 1, 2020, 9:07 AM

I think it is the difference to playing up for competition and playing down. Obviously we took BC lightly, and with their new coach, we didn’t know what to expect.
Also, you have to keep this in mind...Every team from this point forward wants to be the one who knocks off the number one team in the land. Clemson has a target on their back and we will be getting everyone’s A game. We have to match the intensity week to week and treat every team as they have 7 foot receivers, 370 lb lineman, fire ants as DBs/ linebackers and freight trains as running backs.

I think this is true. We tend to get up for and play our best games

Nov 1, 2020, 9:34 AM

In games such as Saturday. I expect us to be at a different level Saturday.

Nov 1, 2020, 9:12 AM

7-0. Ranked Number 1 in the nation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 9:14 AM

Love the handle. Very catchy lol. THE MOLE! Love it.

OL was much better in the 2nd half***

Nov 1, 2020, 9:30 AM

OL is a serious problem and may not be fixable this year.

Nov 1, 2020, 9:44 AM

Defense just needs to get healthy and get the young studs some experience. I'm not too worried about anything on that side of the ball except the injuries - Davis and Skalski in particular because we need them to stop the run and cause some havoc up the middle against good teams.

Most of our offensive issues stem from the OL. There's really no way to excuse it away at this point. Its not defenses stacking the box, we just flat out cant get any push up front and cant open any running lanes even against teams with pretty mediocre defensive fronts. It's a problem when your back that averages like 7.7 YPC on his career is relegated to being a WR because he cant get anything going running the football. Its incredible that he's good enough to DO that, and it saved our ##### yesterday, but the running game just isn't there.

We CAN win it all this year, but right now I feel like we probably lose to Bama or OSU because of the OL. If we get the 1 seed we might make the title game again. If we get in the 2/3 game we might lose to one of those two in the semi. Or maybe the OL will figure something out, but I don't think this OL is comparable to other recent OLs that struggled a little at times in the regular season. Losing 4/5 starters and having a couple poor OL recruiting cycles is really hurting right now.

Nov 1, 2020, 12:47 PM

I can tell you this the last 2 games have been very sloppy and at times we have looked unorganized. Yet we have so much talent that we won both games dominating the second half. When this team does click it’s going to be a machine. Let’s hope we get healthy and finish this season like we should.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic