Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pollack just said unbelievably
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Pollack just said unbelievably

Nov 22, 2019, 8:20 AM

On a podcast this morning that “Texas A&M is the only team thats played Clemson competitively. That was a good game, 14 point game!”

### game did he watch? That was a good old country ### whooping are you serious?? They scored one garbage touchdown at the end of the game.

Then the other commentator said “Clemson has really woken up these past 4 games.”

And that was IT regarding Clemson. Back to talking about LSU, OSU, etc.

It’s crazy the lack of talk we are getting right now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pollack just said unbelievably

Nov 22, 2019, 8:24 AM

Yeah, I don't get this reasoning.

We were up 21 points and Jimbo called all 3 of his time outs and went for it on 4th down to score a touchdown as the game ended.

It was not close or competitive. They never had a chance to win.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2019, 8:25 AM

My point exactly.

Against our back-ups.***

Nov 22, 2019, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Pollack just said unbelievably ]

null

Re: Against our back-ups.***

Nov 22, 2019, 9:17 AM

I believe the late TD was against most of the front line guys. Not sure

Most of the front line guys were in but

Nov 22, 2019, 10:59 AM

They only went back in after TAM got inside the 15 to try to keep them out. We blew a coverage on last play. That drive came after TL threw an int trying to put us up 31-3 as I recall. The game wasn’t close. The UNC game is the only close game we’ve had.

Nov 22, 2019, 8:26 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2019, 8:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Nov 22, 2019, 8:38 AM

At this point we all just need to stop listening to the talking heads and enjoy this time. Our Tigers are still undefeated and we have every opportunity still in front of this team. Just like my kids we have all forgotten how to enjoy the moment we are in and ignore all the noise surrounding us. Cut off the crap on the TV/radio enjoy time with family and let’s go out and beat the snot out of USuC next weekend.

Nov 22, 2019, 11:57 AM

Exactly! All I care about at the moment is beating the coots. As Dabo says...the next game is the most important game.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Serious question, why does it matter?

Nov 22, 2019, 8:43 AM

We are in the top 4. After we beat UofSuCk and whatever crappy team the Coastal sends to Charlotte, we will still be in the top 4, possibly even the top 2. So why are we, as a fan base, so sensitive about these things? The media's narrative about Clemson has changed so dramatically this season that it's laughable. They went from saying we were the clear #1 and would destroy everyone, to Clemson has issues and a weak schedule and shouldn't even be in the top 4 plus Trevor forgot how to football, to Clemson is playing like the best team in the country right now and Trevor Lawrence is proving why he will eventually be the #1 overall draft pick.

Just sit back and laugh, and enjoy the journey while watching Clemson beat UofSuCk by 40+, then hammer the Coastal champ, then dominate the semi final and win another national championship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

good question***

Nov 22, 2019, 8:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Serious question, why does it matter?

Nov 22, 2019, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Serious question, why does it matter? ]

Yeah true. I find it a bit fascinating as well. Like what motivates what they really talk about?

I think it points out that a lot of people comment and are

Nov 22, 2019, 1:57 PM

paid to discuss college football, and many of them don't actually watch a lot of it. Pollack is a little surprising, but as an example Christian McCaffrey was just told by a Heisman voter that said voter never watched a single Stanford game the year McCaffrey finished runner up in the Heisman race.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Serious question, why does it matter?

Nov 22, 2019, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Serious question, why does it matter? ]

Nothing to add here except a TU!

As Aaron Rogers once said, RELAX!. They are not talking

Nov 22, 2019, 8:48 AM

about us right now because in their minds, us getting through, and into the playoffs as an undefeated team is a done deal. These other teams still have some work to do. Now, this is some serious rat poison, as we all know we have work to do as well. Anyone who thinks that all we have to do in these next two games is just dress out and walk out to midfield and accept the win is sorely mistaken.

While we SHOULD win, just remember this: There are children right now in third world countries still wearing "2007 New England Patriots 19-0 World Champions!" tee shirts, hoodies, etc. Why are those things there? Because, of course, the Pats lost that last game to the lowly New York Giants, who squeaked into the playoffs as a 10-6 Wildcard. All the moaning and hand-wringing in the world will never change that outcome.

So, we better be on point next Saturday, and the Saturdays after that. Because no one is going to just lay down and award us a game win. Don't drink the Kool-aid, or eat the Rat Poison. Play Clemson football. Earn those wins. Believe in that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As Aaron Rogers once said, RELAX!. They are not talking

Nov 22, 2019, 10:51 AM

You might be thinking of 2011 when the 9-7 Giants made it to the Super Bowl and beat New England. I always remember it because it will forever be my argument against expanding the playoff. The champion lost 7 games - smdh.

while I hope we're this elite forever, history shows that

Nov 23, 2019, 4:36 AM

one day we may very well be that "7-loss" team with, say, 2 losses. If we're ever in that position and end up winning the championship, then I'm positive we'll be extremely thankful for expanded playoffs, and we will certainly call ourselves champions and the best team in the country. If we were to lose even 1 game this year, we wouldn't be in. At that point I'm sure we'll wish the playoffs were larger. The thing is, we just haven't been in the position to view things that way. If we ever are in that position, it will change a lot of minds about expanded playoffs, really fast.

Who?***

Nov 22, 2019, 8:52 AM

Pollack***

Nov 22, 2019, 8:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look at this way....

Nov 22, 2019, 8:55 AM

Yes, most of the talking heads are going to say things that make us shake our heads or flat out mad.

The way to approach that is to know our coach. Dabo is one of the best motivating coaches I've seen in 45+ years of paying attention to/participating in/coaching/being a fan of this game. He's playing the disrespect card BIG TIME this year, and rightfully so.

When I see or hear something like what prompted this thread, I just smirk. Because I know what's brewing in our locker room and practice field. There are a couple of guys who get it, like Herbstreit, Klatt, and Cowherd. Rome gets it too but I haven't heard as much from him. I just know he likes Dabo quite a bit.

But rest assured, Dabo is salivating over all the 'Clemson isn't as good' nonsense, and has been pretty much all season. We always start out slow and build to a championship fever because that's how he wants it. You don't want to peak too early, something OH St better be wary of.

My point is don't get mad about it. Relish it. Because I promise you all this laughable banter we've been getting since the UNC game is playing right into Dabo's hands. And you better get us this year if you're going to get us, because this team has 80 FR and Soph, and then you add in this ridiculous class of 2020.

Re: Look at this way....

Nov 22, 2019, 12:15 PM

Good post

Nov 22, 2019, 9:09 AM

I think North Carolina played us more competitively.

If Mond had any sort of accuracy the 1st half , A&M might have been somewhat of a game

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is true. Mond used up all his magic last year***

Nov 22, 2019, 9:23 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly, and that's because Brown is a much better

Nov 22, 2019, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Pollack just said unbelievably ]

coach than Dumbo Fisher. Brown had that team playing out of their minds that day with nothing to lose, and they caught us looking ahead to a bye week and thinking we could sleepwalk through that game. Fisher would never have done that with that UNC team. We'd have beaten them 60-0.

in reality

Nov 22, 2019, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Pollack just said unbelievably ]

Clemson, like no other, has made college football a laugher! These guys have a tough job trying to convince all the fans that some other teams have a chance. Dabo has ruined college football! I love it!

There is CLEMSON and there is everyone else fighting for second place.

Nov 22, 2019, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Pollack just said unbelievably ]

Mond had no accuracy because BV was dialing up pressure from who-knows-where.

Pollack... Know what else he said?

Nov 22, 2019, 9:31 AM

The last couple of weeks on some show, he was trying to say "sustainable." He said it 2 or 3 times - only mispronounced it - - S-U-B-S-T-A-I-N-A-B-L-E.

I guess that means you can put on a coat of primer before staining something.

Nothing like that UGA degree!!

Nov 22, 2019, 10:48 AM

All the media members know what is coming in the playoffs. They are just trying to generate a little buzz to keep fans of the other teams interested. If you sat down one on one off the record with any of these guys I guarantee you they would put their money on Clemson.

Let them all sleep on us.

Nov 22, 2019, 10:48 AM

This is a good thing. When people sleep on us, we win Nattys.

Get ready for back to back....I really believe we will be 30-0 at the end of this season.

Go Tigers!

He did what any “analyst” does.

Nov 22, 2019, 11:42 AM

He just looked at the final score, and drew his own conclusions.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you know what's so good about that?

Nov 22, 2019, 11:45 AM

Nothing they say will help LSU, OSU, UGA, Bama, Utah or anyone else if they are on the other side of the field from Clemson.

All they are doing is solidifying our resolve.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2019, 2:17 PM

He has been giving it to us all year. After his LSU is going to house Clemson in the Peach crap, he actually was big on us the last several years. But this year he has been negative from start to finish. Had to know the DOG in him would come back out at some point.

When we win it all again this year it is going to be so gratifying.

He has been giving it to us all year. After his LSU is going to house Clemson in the Peach crap, he actually was big on us the last several years. But this year he has been negative from start to finish. Had to know the DOG in him would come back out at some point.

Nov 22, 2019, 4:06 PM

Have you people not realized that these guys exist to promote and over play these college football games on these programs? If Pollack said how he really felt he wouldn’t have a job.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Nov 22, 2019, 5:19 PM

~JKB

Nov 22, 2019, 7:40 PM

Pollock is a Georgia cracker who only sees things through his SEC tinted rear end glasses......he is a bozo......Go Tigers!!!!!

Nov 23, 2019, 6:46 AM

Who cares?

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic