Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hurricane Michael Damage to Tallahassee
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Hurricane Michael Damage to Tallahassee

Oct 15, 2018, 7:33 PM

Hey, does anyone know what condition Tallahassee is in after the hurricane last week? We received an email from our hotel that basically suggested that we forget about coming to town for the Clemson game. Even promised a full refund on the cash payment we made this summer. The email said power was still not fully restored, they were operating with a reduced staff, and that our rooms probably were needed by personnel doing repairs and restoration work. We don't know whether to bail out or go.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like you got first-hand info on the conditions

Oct 15, 2018, 7:36 PM

from the hotel you booked. Why are you asking anyone else? If they say, 'go', and your hotel has no power - who do you complain to?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems like you got first-hand info on the conditions

Oct 15, 2018, 7:43 PM

Sorry I wasn't clear - power in city not fully restored, hotel has power and is operating. Seems to me that if it were REALLY BAD, they would just tell us our rooms are cancelled. They are leaving it up to us at this point. I have just seen so many occasions where TV news or whatever exaggerates situations just for the drama. Hoping to get other views.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2018, 9:16 PM

Man come to Horry County and see the 10,000 homes that have been destroyed by floods. Or go to Newbern N.C. and look at the detestation. Look at the video from Fla that has been totally devastated and tell me it is exaggerated!! Yes stay home the hotel rooms are needed for people who’s homes were destroyed and for people working all over the pan handle!!!!

Oct 15, 2018, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Seems like you got first-hand info on the conditions ]

Looks like he got some more first hand info below by asking on here.

Re: Hurricane Michael Damage to Tallahassee

Oct 15, 2018, 7:39 PM

When the Tigers get through with them, they're going to wish the hurricane would come back.

Power will be fully restored

Oct 15, 2018, 7:44 PM

Damage quite likely, and unlikely to be repaired by then. I'm probably going but day trip. Just drive the 4 hours each way

Going to be a really drunken morning with a noon kick, but the rest of the day to sober up

Oct 15, 2018, 8:32 PM

Damage here in Tallahassee not that bad really. Mostly power outages from trees falling on lines. Electricity expected to be 90% restored by this Tuesday. Not much damage to structures unless hit by falling tree.

Oct 15, 2018, 9:03 PM

Just spoke with a buddy of mine who's daughter attends FSU, they went back to class today. My wife and I are heading down next Friday for the game, and it seems as though the damage to the area was very minimal. Stinks that the game is at noon, other than I hope that this will provide more time to celebrate a Tiger victory after the game.

GO TIGERS!

Oct 15, 2018, 9:10 PM

I am thinking the hotel is making more with workers than with you. It is always about money!

My job requires me to travel to New Bern and

Oct 15, 2018, 9:46 PM

Jacksonville several times a month and I can tell you that your hotel is trying to free up your room so they can gauge a Utlity Company.

The reason I say this is that ever since Florence blew through I have seen hotel rates increase 30% around New Bern and Jacksonville. All that is in these hotels are out of state insurance adjusters and Line Repairmen.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic