Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No wonder Clemson's Covid numbers seemed so high,Va Tech and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

No wonder Clemson's Covid numbers seemed so high,Va Tech and

Aug 3, 2020, 1:52 PM

many other schools weren't even testing it seems.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/virginia-tech-db-caleb-farley-says-concerns-over-program-adhering-to-covid-19-protocols-led-to-opt-out/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No wonder Clemson's Covid numbers seemed so high,Va Tech and

Aug 3, 2020, 1:54 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

'Zactly!***

Aug 3, 2020, 2:05 PM

Seems every school is going to have their own plan for testing?

Aug 3, 2020, 2:07 PM

I could see how some might not feel protected. Some schools doing more than others.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems every school is going to have their own plan for testing?

Aug 3, 2020, 2:32 PM

Not following the same protocols is one of the excuses given for only playing in conference games. But if members of the ACC are not following protocol, what the heck does it matter that Akron might not be either?

That was my first thought as well.

Aug 3, 2020, 2:43 PM

Also, with stories like this, why is anyone surprised that college athletes are coming together and speaking up right now? It's their health that is on the line right now and the people who are supposed to be the adults in the room aren't taking care of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: That was my first thought as well.

Aug 3, 2020, 3:15 PM

I slightly concur. I'd be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt, especially since these PAC12ers are only getting Left-coast indoctrination about the perils of Covid...if not for their additional demands re. pay-for-play.

Maybe they think that's the essence of negotiation, but when you threaten a boycott you're not really negotiating. You're pointing a gun at the head of your business partner/boss. I don't know any business partner/bosses who respond well to those types of negotiations.

Leave the pay demands out, and you have a fairly sympathetic audience in the American public.

No doubt that some, or even most of their demands

Aug 3, 2020, 3:50 PM

were ludicrous, which really overshadows the important parts of their message. It also makes them less credible. I agree with your comments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: That was my first thought as well.

Aug 3, 2020, 3:16 PM [ in reply to That was my first thought as well. ]

I slightly concur. I'd be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt, especially since these PAC12ers are only getting Left-coast indoctrination about the perils of Covid...if not for their additional demands re. pay-for-play.

Maybe they think that's the essence of negotiation, but when you threaten a boycott you're not really negotiating. You're pointing a gun at the head of your business partner/boss. I don't know any business partner/bosses who respond well to those types of negotiations.

Leave the pay demands out, and you have a fairly sympathetic audience in the American public.

Re: Seems every school is going to have their own plan for testing?

Aug 3, 2020, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Seems every school is going to have their own plan for testing? ]

The guidelines haven't been established yet. By the time the season gets here, there will likely be strict guidelines that every school has to follow in order to be eligible to play.

As far as I know there hasn't been a league-wide (ACC) mandate about keeping your scholarship status if you choose not to play, but I feel pretty confident that if they wanted to opt out, they have that option.

Most of my friends and people I know under 30 (especially single), aren't too concerned about the virus, and many of these college age students would likely be putting themselves at just as great or greater risk by hanging out with their friends anyway. Not that that is right or what they should be doing, just stating what I'm seeing as a young(er) person.

It is ridiculous and irresponsible imo for the schools to not be testing the players at this stage, at least to be able to quarantine and limit the spread as much as possible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No wonder Clemson's Covid numbers seemed so high,Va Tech and

Aug 3, 2020, 4:35 PM

It was/is optional whether you choose to even report it.

I guess VT chose not to report since they weren't even

Aug 3, 2020, 9:43 PM

following testing portocol at all.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic