Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
See this is how fans get concerned. How can we look so good...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 2,475

See this is how fans get concerned. How can we look so good...

Feb 15, 2020, 5:40 PM

Vs Duke and Louisville but look awful vs Wake and some other head scratching loses??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, aren't we used to this?

Feb 15, 2020, 5:41 PM

It's been this way for years

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, aren't we used to this?

Feb 15, 2020, 5:54 PM

It's next level this year though. Brownell came into this season with zero all time victories against top 5 teams. He's about to do it twice this season (while losing 3 times to sub-100 RPI teams). Absolutely maddening. Flip those three games and we're 4th in the conference, hovering around the top 25 and a solid 7 seed in the NCAA tournament.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: See this is how fans get concerned. How can we look so good...

Feb 15, 2020, 5:42 PM

Yale, Notre Dame... Head scratcher for sure. One was Simms being sick though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2020, 5:47 PM

I think that is true of many teams. Louisville saying the same thing right now,

Losing to a bad SCAR team bothered me the most

Feb 15, 2020, 6:15 PM [ in reply to Re: See this is how fans get concerned. How can we look so good... ]

A bragging rights game

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Losing to a bad SCAR team bothered me the most

Feb 15, 2020, 6:15 PM [ in reply to Re: See this is how fans get concerned. How can we look so good... ]

A bragging rights game

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2020, 12:38 AM [ in reply to Re: See this is how fans get concerned. How can we look so good... ]

Several injuries this year, a lot of freshman getting a ton of minutes and a transfer learning to fit in adds up to inconsistency.
Considering our record...it's been an exciting season and yet we have practically no chance for the dance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2020, 6:11 PM

If this team goes 18-12 or 17-13 this season.
I say CBB did a heck of a job this year.
With everyone back next season, no excuse not to be a top half ACC team .
There is no reason we can’t win our last 5 games . They probably won’t but today’s win could be a big shot in the arm.

That's 6-0, 5-1 to close out

Feb 15, 2020, 6:17 PM

Yes, that would be a great job! His question has always been can we follow up a performance like tonight against a BC or Tech who we have soon?

I've said the NIT would be a real accomplishment for this team with its youth and injuries. Can we maintain the consistency to actually achieve it has always been the question?

Re: That's 6-0, 5-1 to close out

Feb 15, 2020, 6:20 PM

If they finish the year playing good ball that’s all you can ask . Like you said this season was a complete rebuild

Feb 15, 2020, 11:43 PM

Freshman accounted for 20% of scoring and and juniors were our 2 leading scorers but it is a “complete rebuild” season. I would hate to see an actual rebuild.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2020, 11:57 PM

Returned 1 starter from last years team. It is a rebuild.

We lost almost all of our scoring and rebounding from last year’s team.

Feb 16, 2020, 12:52 AM [ in reply to Re: That's 6-0, 5-1 to close out ]

We returned one starter, and on top of that, we have a lot of new faces PLUS we’ve had a ton of injuries.

This year shows what a good job Brownell has done and how hard these players have worked. It’s too bad you can’t appreciate that!

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 15, 2020, 11:04 PM

College basketball has so much to do with matchups and timing. Just because Wake is a much worse team than Louisville doesn't mean going on the road to play Wake in the middle of them playing pretty well and with Wake playing a matchup zone that gave Clemson trouble at home. Along with them having a defensively active 7 foot big man which has also seemed to give Simms and Clemson trouble this year. There is so much more to it then how can they lose to this crappy team and beat this good one. Matchups, timing, injuries, illness. So it will be nice if people stop with that at some point and accept the fact that it's much more complicated than that. And always has been.

Feb 15, 2020, 11:04 PM

College basketball has so much to do with matchups and timing. Just because Wake is a much worse team than Louisville doesn't mean going on the road to play Wake in the middle of them playing pretty well and with Wake playing a matchup zone that gave Clemson trouble at home. Along with them having a defensively active 7 foot big man which has also seemed to give Simms and Clemson trouble this year. There is so much more to it then how can they lose to this crappy team and beat this good one. Matchups, timing, injuries, illness. So it will be nice if people stop with that at some point and accept the fact that it's much more complicated than that. And always has been.

I have said this before, but our purported inconsistency is

Feb 15, 2020, 11:13 PM

blown way out of proportion on here.

College basketball teams have ups and downs. Heck, basketball teams in general, at every level, have ups and downs. The fact that we sometimes play lights out and other times play poorly isn’t unique to us.

Look at the top 25. With very few exceptions, every team there has at least a game or two where they played poorly and lost. It doesn’t mean that they have a bad coach or that they aren’t disciplined or that something is wrong. It’s the nature of basketball, especially basketball played by 18-22 year-olds.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I have said this before, but our purported inconsistency is

Feb 15, 2020, 11:32 PM

that’s just a straw man argument, JK. You’re full of straw.

Signed, Casio. I mean Visio.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL!

Feb 15, 2020, 11:38 PM

Feb 15, 2020, 11:41 PM [ in reply to I have said this before, but our purported inconsistency is ]

It’s not and I’ve posted numbers proving it and you’ve igonored them so whatever. You’re another bandwagon fan like everyone else now.

Feb 15, 2020, 11:49 PM

Vis-Vag, you could statistically prove that aliens control the government, but you’ll still be a meg-a-douche.

I don’t think you know what it means to prove something.

Feb 16, 2020, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Re: I have said this before, but our purported inconsistency is ]

Hint: you don’t prove squat.

Too bad you jumped off the Brownell train too early***

Feb 16, 2020, 12:37 AM

it’s cornfusing, I tell ya.***

Feb 16, 2020, 12:04 AM

Yeah sometimes I wish we’d just lay an

Feb 16, 2020, 12:21 AM

egg every game so i wouldn’t have to be so confused all the time. It’s crazy to me that fans are still stuck on that Wake Forest game, people, listen it happens, we are a young team sometimes we’re gonna lose games we shouldn’t. But it happens to all teams, look at Duke, they’re probably gonna win the ACC and they lost you SFA early in the season. If think you’re gonna win all the games you’re favored you don’t know much about basketball.

Replies: 24
| visibility 2,475
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic